Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Sarky wrote: »
    I was wondering if we'd missed something...

You are not going to last.
    Undo the mad stuff.
    Maybe they wont notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Moved to The Cuckoo's Nest, God Speed little thread! Come back when you're hungry... tumblr_l5sz3ygEXP1qzwi58o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Great Scott! Yay!

I was talking to Dav next year, he says it's only a matter of time before we get our forum.

^Will hold him to this.

Oh, he hasn't been convinced yet. But just you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

what did you have to do to convince him?

I can't tell you, it would cause a temporal paradox.

mmm- wouldn't want that. My temporals may already be paradox. I should go get them checked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

*waits*

/holds breath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Annnnddddd BLOW

animated-birthday-cake-21.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

If such a forum has been created at some time in the future and the posters have, through rigorous discussion, discovered a method of time travel and constructed a time machine, why haven't they travelled back here to inform of us of the superior microwave technology they possess and save generations of people from meals that are hot on the outside and cold on they inside?

WHY?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

poll was closed at 666 yes votes! :D

What does that tell ya? Just like Granny said "microwaves and time machines are tools of the devil!":eek:
    You should always listen to your Granny.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

<3

microwave.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1272817776254

Is this... a vision of the future???

the future is now. Quick back into the time machine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Microwaves? Where we're going, we don't need microwaves!!!

7dsBillandTedPhoneBooth.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Doesn't that pic cost them just as much bandwidth as the pic you actually wanted to hotlink?

• Advertisement

I went back in time and fixed it...

<.<
    >.>

omg, thax!

Can you grab me the actual url of the pony image too?

No, sorry, I can only move forwards or backwards through time, not sideways or slantways

Can you warm food, melt fine cheeses?

Personally, or with the phone booth?

(I can if I clench really hard)

I thought we were talking about a microwave, actually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

o/

\o

FTGFOP wrote: »
    \o
    but that's not a microwave :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

but that's not a microwave :P

o/

o/\o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

FTGFOP wrote: »
    o/\o

o/\o
    o\

%

hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The-Rigger wrote: »
    hi

How did your axe recital go? Hmmmm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I actually posted first. But then hit the wrong button and now my post is here.

I actually posted first. But then hit the wrong button and now my post is here.

I've thanked this post, just letting you know in case it's not showing in your time.
    Sindri wrote: »
    How did your axe recital go? Hmmmm?

Wha? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

my chin itches it was my xhin but now it's just chosineng ffs that is's r diucickonlys

pnbpA.jpg

Could you enlarge that picture please? It's tiny, I can barely make it out on my display.

• Advertisement

Could you enlarge that picture please? It's tiny, I can barely make it out on my display.
    :confused: it's tiny

it's only postage stamp sized on my iphone 7 but looks great when I fire up the holographic display

my new iphone42z is buggy obviously. They really should fire Steve Jobs again.

They really should fire Steve Jobs again.
    Which one ?

it's so hard to keep up with all the clones , especially after his copyright expired

I liked your post but now that feature is gone. Stupid time differences.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I see one of the old unreliable ACT 2SP-2 is up for sale.

The ACT 2SP-1 was bad but as many of you may remember, this one was a disaster. I remember taking one for a test flight (a gift for my 70th birthday) and it damn near killed me. The fact that you needed four technicians around constantly to keep fixing it meant that there was pretty much no room inside it.

Still, wasn't ACT's next generation version released in the late 2080s a vastly improved version?

No it wasn't.

Do you remember the SP-5's ?
    The ones that were so bad they couldn't give away. Well turns out some marketing genius reckoned they could fob them off as SP-3's by sending them back in time to a time when their defects weren't know.

Would have been a complete disaster except one of the engineers "accidentally" sent them back 1,500 years into a chamber in the Great Pyramid of Cholula. Fun and games once the historical societies got involved. By the time they got the legal issues sorted the machines had aged over a thousand years which weeded out the worst of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I kinda liked the original, if you were handy with an ion plasma rivet gun (remember those, retro baby, retro!!) you could add the fluxing module from the SP77 Mark 4 that would be built 70 years later! That really stabilised things. Although getting to 70 years in the future in the first instance was always going to be a risk, it was worth it just for the fluxing module. Cheap too at only 5 million Northern BitDollars, although I later heard that if you took a parallel temporal trail you could even pick them up for 2 million of the short lived Eurolian bits!!

Eurolian bits!! LOL

The day I queued up for to get an N21 fusion reactor core reflector and tried to pay in bitcoins , had my dates mixed up and it was six months after the Hasberg-Ko algorithm had made predicting them so easy they were worthless. Luckily enough I had a couple of thousand Eurolian bits on me, worth a fortune , collectors items at that stage since the rest had oxidised to dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

That machine is well before its best after date, my advice stay away from it, you could end up beside the future, or worse still, under the past.

I remember when people were into the microwaving too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement