Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Facebook app on iPhone 4. How to delete private messages?

• 02-10-2012 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭

I have the Facebook app on iPhone 4

Was wondering how do I permanently delete messages in private mail?
    I've searched but can't seem to see an option for deleting messages, maybe I'm missing something obvious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

big_drive wrote: »
    I have the Facebook app on iPhone 4

Was wondering how do I permanently delete messages in private mail?
    I've searched but can't seem to see an option for deleting messages, maybe I'm missing something obvious

Tut tut tut has someone been naughty just keep your finger on the screen and am option will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭big_drive

No just getting rid of old ones :)

Thanks

Can't seem to do it. Which page should be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Go into the messages tab & slowly swipe your finger from left to right on the message thread- you'll get an option to archive.

This will clear them from showing on your phone but won't actually delete them - any follow up to the conversation thread will bring up all of the previous messages- as far as I know the only way to delete them is from the full Facebook site, not the mobile.

Great. Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement