Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Souless wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone has posted about this already but Aneke went and joined preston on loan on the last day of the Loan window.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/aneke-joins-preston-until-end-of-the-season

Lets hope he gets a good bit of first team football under his belt as he's apparently been immense in the reserves this season :D It's nice to see all the young fringe players going out on loan and picking up valuable first team football

He just scored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Since the start of this current run of 7 wins I think Van Persie has only scored 7/22 of our goals, not bad going for the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good day at the office. We win while Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool(to be honest I coukdn't tell you how far behind us they are now) all drop points. Even the loanees did well. Aneke scores on his debut and Miyachi, I hear, was immense for Bolton today.

amacachi wrote: »
    Since the start of this current run of 7 wins I think Van Persie has only scored 7/22 of our goals, not bad going for the rest.

Jut shows you how we were over-relying on him when playing poorly. Now that the team is playing well it doesn't matter if he isn't scoring in every game. Takes the pressure off him to carry the team single handedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

amacachi wrote: »

It's great to see, it's the most wins in a row since 2007 for us I think as well, which is impressive

• Advertisement

van Persie 33 (26)
    Walcott 9 (6)
    Arteta 5 (5)
    Vermaelen 5 (5)
    Gervinho 4 (4)
    Oxlade-Chamberlaine 4 (2)
    Benayoun 3 (1)
    Ramsey 3 (2)
    Henry 3 (2)
    Gibbs 2 (1)
    Arshavin 2 (1)
    Koscielny 2 (1)
    Rosicky 2 (1)
    Santos 2 (1)
    Chamakh 1 (1)
    Park 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Song 1 (1)

(league goals in brackets)

First league goal of the season for Gibbs :D
    RvP still miles off in the league but good to see a bit of a pack forming behind Walcott to challenge for #2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

That's the best I've seen Arsenal play in a long time. Granted, Villa were useless but it was the first time this season that Arsenal have seemed their old ruthless and swaggering selves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Galvasean wrote: »
    Good day at the office. We win while Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool(to be honest I coukdn't tell you how far behind us they are now) all drop points. Even the loanees did well. Aneke scores on his debut and Miyachi, I hear, was immense for Bolton today.

This exactly sums up my feelings. Delighted with the loanees and of course the results.

Yennaris played 60 minutes as did Afobe.
    Aneke, Myaichi and Bendtner were all good from what I gathered.

A great weeks rest until we play QPR, great! :)

Won every Saturday 3pm game as well this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/894110-arsenals-wojciech-szczesny-pays-for-kids-birthday-party-after-joining-celebrations?

What a sound fella.

Great win today!!! 7 in a row. Hitting fantastic form at the perfect time.

Times are good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

cson wrote: »
    Nasri gets a harsh deal from the fans here I think. The reason he left is the clubs fault; similar parallels to the Ashley Cole saga, let him run down his contract and he gets oil money waved at him. He was pretty professional about it until the end - I know he maintains he was misquoted about slagging the club off. Lets be honest; we got huge money for a player that had been woefully out of form for about 9 months.

Wrong, nasri verbally agreed a contract and changed his Mind when he seen the oil money

I was listening to talksport or radio5 one of them English stations anyway
    They were raving about ryo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Ryo is a great player. Next season we have these at the wing:

Gervinho, Walcott, Ox, Ryo, Arshavin...

Arshavin will surely go though. But even so, the other 4 are just...wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

They aren't.

Walcott and Gervinho are very very average by and large. Ryo and Chamberlain are still only good prospects at the moment.

Walcott and Gerv are hot n' cold. Hopefully Gervinho will do like Koscielny and have a super second season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What a gent, don't see enough of that kind of thing from the pros these days. There's plenty players who'd be charging for the autographs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/894110-arsenals-wojciech-szczesny-pays-for-kids-birthday-party-after-joining-celebrations?

What a sound fella.

Great win today!!! 7 in a row. Hitting fantastic form at the perfect time.

Times are good

He's like our own little Balotelli.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Good performance today, brilliant goals. Very poor Villa side.

Still think though the team needs to have 3-4 new signings if they want to challenge for a League title. And also about 6-7 players to leave.

Good run but I still would be wary about the summer transfer window. Hopefully we seal 3rd this year will be a major achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

He's like our own little Balotelli.

Apparently not a lot true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbY-JkdlpvA

City drop points too. It will be interesting to see if we can knock a few points off that gap between us between now and the end of May.

• Advertisement

City drop points too. It will be interesting to see if we can knock a few points off that gap between us between now and the end of May.

Anythings possible, the form Arsenal are in, all the remaining games are winnable.

DB10 wrote: »
    Good performance today, brilliant goals. Very poor Villa side.

Still think though the team needs to have 3-4 new signings if they want to challenge for a League title. And also about 6-7 players to leave.

Good run but I still would be wary about the summer transfer window. Hopefully we seal 3rd this year will be a major achievement.

I agree

But let's enjoy this now and worry bout the summer then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Van Persie not scored in 2 games now.

Overall, a very good efficient performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think he might fit in well at the Emirates

Tom Williams ‏ @tomwfootball Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Late goal at Stade de la Mosson - Olivier Giroud fires 89th-minute volley into bottom-left corner from 20 yards to put Montpellier 1-0 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I wouldn't even bother thinking about it. There's no possible way that either Manchester team will drop twelve points in the remaining games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Reekwind wrote: »
    I wouldn't even bother thinking about it. There's no possible way that either Manchester team will drop twelve points in the remaining games
    I dont think he was suggesting we could catch them, just finish a little closer to them. That, plus a few signings in the summer, would sent a clear message of intent for next season.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Ideally Podolski will sign, can anyone tell me where his prefered position would be. Is he a goalscorer, what are his weaknesses?

Where else should we be looking to strengthen? In my opinion, ideally we would bring in 4 experienced players. While shipping out alot of the older loaned players, and others such as Almunia, possibly Chamakh. Other certain squad players.

Sign Benayoun for a small fee possibly. Podolski.

Then 3 others hopefully of experience. Its asking alot I know, but if we want to reach the level of the Manchester clubs, more experience is needed.

I think we need to sign another WF/ST depending on where Podolski plays. Hopefully a big name.

Then maybe a Vertonghen type who can play DM or CB comfortably. After that I would like an experienced combative CM player with pace, possibly a Flamini type player. Would be good for squad depth.

Its all fantasy talk at this point, but this summer is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

not sure Benayoun will sign if regular football is available somewhere else, He's lost years of his career being a sub at Liverpool, Chelsea and here. I'd like him to stay as a member of the squad though. He is a very good player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Very rosy picture of Benayoun being painted; the last start he got he was demolished against Swansea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement