Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 9) April 28 2012

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dfx- wrote: »
    Yes yes and Pats were still in it with 10 games to go when Rovers went and won 1-3...and Dundalk started well a couple of seasons ago..

We're in the 2012 season now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont see us winning anything
    Me neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CiaranC wrote: »
    Me neither.

Superb point!!! I'm just trying to keep on your good side just in case!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If Rovers continue to play like last night, they'll be fine if they take a quarter of the chances...

...teams might be able to win individual games like Pats and there will be very difficut games like Pats who'll try extra hard, but they will in turn draw with Mons, Drogheda and Bohs. An innate Pats-ness if you will.:)

Amy chance the other teams will try extra hard? umm we unbeaten in this league.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    They way i've seen this season, we're only a point behind you's and we haven't even got started yet!!

I concur, but hey its been a few weeks rovers fans back.
    Yes yes and Pats were still in it with 10 games to go when Rovers went and won 1-3...and Dundalk started well a couple of seasons ago..

Dont see us winning the league as we cant finish our dinner.
    CiaranC wrote: »
    Me neither.

Can see us beating you 5-1 every time if you come at us and dont see kenny changing his ethos cos hes playing us.

jaysis lads we a complete new team and unbeaten and playing some outstanding football. We gonna click at some point :)

large bottle monkey9 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you're nailed down to thump every team that comes out and plays you would have buried Sligo on Friday.

The 5-1 war as much to do with Kenny stupidly not closing down the left side quickly enough.Brennan has hardly made the team let alone full back since that game.

We do have issues that need to be addressed in defence though. On current form, I think sives should be taking a break for garto and Gannon should come in to free up Conor Mc to play centrally.

Touching to see the Pat"s excitement though. Bless. Saying we'll come at you in tallaght but not score is being a bit optimistic. And being one of the top teams in the league and being unbeaten is hardly world news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dreamers. I know you've gone from watching putrid sh1te last season to watching decent passing football this season, but you are completely overexaggerating your play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So...what have I missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Des wrote: »
    So...what have I missed?

Well apparently Drogheda forgot to read the script... Flying, so dey ahhh, hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

So...what have I missed?

Another bottling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SantryRed wrote: »
    Dreamers. I know you've gone from watching putrid sh1te last season to watching decent passing football this season, but you are completely overexaggerating your play.

With any luck, bucko will be getting as carried away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    If you're nailed down to thump every team that comes out and plays you would have buried Sligo on Friday.

Your centre backs are too slow and the space between them and the midfield you could put a bus tru. Your the best team ever you will not sit back at home and we will exploit that space again. Simples :) Sligo dont have the slow CBs, Peers was quite good the other night.

We were decent last season having watched all of our games i can make that judgement, we were rubbish against you twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Flancare have gone into liquidation... :(

Your centre backs are too slow and the space between them and the midfield you could put a bus tru. Your the best team ever you will not sit back at home and we will exploit that space again. Simples :) Sligo dont have the slow CBs, Peers was quite good the other night.

We were decent last season having watched all of our games i can make that judgement, we were rubbish against you twice.

Having watched more of your games than I would have liked last season, I'll tell you now you were not decent. You were only decent when North or Kavanagh managed to collect a ball from the long punts up field.

And would get out of it about exploiting space. Pats will struggle big time when Rovers get at them properly. It's easy to knock the ball about when teams let you and you have an extra man in midfield. You'll be just like Buckley's Fingal, good to watch but won't win enough games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So...what have I missed?

Pats fans pontificating about football again, Mons winning in Dalymount, Cork winning 1-2 at Tolka, Dundalk winning in Derry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

And Dundalk twice

doncarlos wrote: »
    And Dundalk twice

Don't forget the absolute sh1te against Bohs too!!

Don't forget the absolute sh1te against Bohs too!!

They must have only been decent when no opposition fans were watching. I think it may be called a training session....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    They must have only been decent when no opposition fans were watching. I think it may be called a training session....
    Sounds like Invisible Boy in Mystery Men. His super power is that he can become invisible, but only when no one (including himself) is looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Wojus game the other night. Two very poor teams content to hoof. Cork FORAS probably still the better of the two sides though.

Wtf does AM be doing though? :confused: He takes Kavo off when he's actually a threat and picks a defence that don't seem to have ever played along side each other. :rolleyes:

Big game tonight to get back on track. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »

Big game tonight to get back on track. :)

Crumlin 15/2, bit of a saver on that myself. Not going to be pretty, been bucketing down. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Absolutely disgraceful, that in their highlights of the Rovers-Derry match, MNS didn't show Gary McCabe's booking for a "dive" after he was cut in two by a Derry player.

Are they trying to protect the referee or something? We all know the standard of reffing in the league is questionable at times, but it's not going to get better if the bad decisions aren't highlighted and addressed instead of just being swept under the rug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Pedro K wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful, that in their highlights of the Rovers-Derry match, MNS didn't show Gary McCabe's booking for a "dive" after he was cut in two by a Derry player.

Are they trying to protect the referee or something? We all know the standard of reffing in the league is questionable at times, but it's not going to get better if the bad decisions aren't highlighted and addressed instead of just being swept under the rug.

Wa wa wa....take your oil, etc.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Pedro K

bohsboy wrote: »

Wa wa wa....take your oil, etc.....;)
    Stellar contribution, as always, bohsboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Absolutely woeful match in Crumlin tonight which Shels just shaded 2-1. Reminded me of a Jackman Park type pitch without the terracing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Purcell's goal looked perfectly fine on MNS earlier.

Anyone know why it was disallowed?

Delighted for him. Ever hear the story of the boy that cried wolf?
    I hope that McCabe gets eaten by a wolf too :p

Absolutely woeful match in Crumlin tonight which Shels just shaded 2-1. Reminded me of a Jackman Park type pitch without the terracing.

Pitch itself was top notch. Would put many LoI pitches including Tolka to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

There's no terracing in Jackman park. Unless you're talking about the derelict slums running behind the little stand.

born2bwild wrote: »
    There's no terracing in Jackman park. Unless you're talking about the derelict slums running behind the little stand.

There is four or five steps of it on the side opposite the tinpot stand. Look hard enough under the overgrown grass and youll find it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement