Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Can I cancel an on-line Order After just placing it.

• 02-03-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I've just placed an order with a pharmacy and discovered I can get it a good bit cheaper elsewhere.

Do I have the right to cancel the order now without any penalties.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Distance selling means you have 7 days, though might depend where you are ordering from. If the order hasn't shipped yet you should be fine to cancel generally speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cabaal wrote: »
    Distance selling means you have 7 days, though might depend where you are ordering from. If the order hasn't shipped yet you should be fine to cancel generally speaking

Thanks a mill Cabaal for your quick responce, It's a pharmacy in uk (point pharmacy) I've checked their terms and condition's but nothing about cancelling only returns.

Only ordered a few minutes ago so will cancel order now, so there should be no card processing involved.

tnks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭MOH

Worst case you'd be entitled to send the stuff back and get a refund, though you'd have to pay postage - but it doesn't make sense from their point of view to ship the stuff if you've already told them you want to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,791 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

MOH wrote: »
    Worst case you'd be entitled to send the stuff back and get a refund, though you'd have to pay postage - but it doesn't make sense from their point of view to ship the stuff if you've already told them you want to cancel.

Not looked into it but I'd say pharmaceuticals are exempt from restocking. Too much risk of getting contaminated product back and it would be unsaleable.
    danjo-xx wrote: »
    Thanks a mill Cabaal for your quick responce, It's a pharmacy in uk (point pharmacy) I've checked their terms and condition's but nothing about cancelling only returns.

Only ordered a few minutes ago so will cancel order now, so there should be no card processing involved.

tnks

It's nothing to do with the shops T&Cs as it's EU law and the UK OFT covers it.

But as I said before I doubt once they are posted you can return pharmaceuticals for change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

MOH wrote: »
    but it doesn't make sense from their point of view to ship the stuff if you've already told them you want to cancel.

Del may be right regarding returning pharmaceuticals, but also keep in mind that the shop wants the make the sale. A lot more people would cancel the order online than would actually post the item back if it made it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Del2005 wrote: »
    Not looked into it but I'd say pharmaceuticals are exempt from restocking. Too much risk of getting contaminated product back and it would be unsaleable.
    /QUOTE]
    These products are normally tamper proof - sor providing the original seals/packaging hasn't been touched - you should be okay.
    Your best getting in touch with their Customer Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not necessarily. And you also cannot guarantee storage conditions once they leave the pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Claim The Frame

Most companies online will have no problem cancelling the order within a few hours of you placing it. Mention to them that you can get the product(s) cheaper elsewhere they may give you a discount!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

danjo-xx wrote: »
    It's a pharmacy in uk (point pharmacy) I've checked their terms and condition's but nothing about cancelling only returns.

tnks

Card processing for most sites is in real time and takes place imediately. Depeneding on their payments processor, it could be tomorrow before they issue a refund and then up to 3 days before it re-appears in your account.
    Also, if payment was in sterling, you may lose out on the sell/buy exchange rate (possibly about 3%).

edit - they say payment processed 24-48 hours afetr order, so should be no issue at all for OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Regarding pharmaceutical goods , they often cannot be returned just in case they were stored at the wrong temperature.
    Hopefully you can cancel before they ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thank's for all your replies guys, I cancelled the order and after checking for the cheaper price that I thought I had seen only to discover it wasn't any cheaper so I emailed again to let the order stand.

Stuff arrived today so happy ending.:)

Advertisement