Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 5) 30/31 March 2021

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

531454_2869767347930_1372251812_32034584_1383412177_n.jpg

hmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

What does this gold.php page contain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

born2bwild wrote: »
    What does this gold.php page contain?

Boards.ie April fool joke, press F5 a few times to see images.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531454_2869767347930_1372251812_32034584_1383412177_n.jpg

or click that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Boards.ie April fool joke, press F5 a few times to see images.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531454_2869767347930_1372251812_32034584_1383412177_n.jpg

or click that

Ye had Dublin on Friday apparantly but seems you have lost it again in that pic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

monkey9 wrote: »
    In fairness, i thought we played some decent stuff, just nothing happening much in the final third.

Well, if you're not creating anything in the final third, that's a massive problem.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Your right lads, i forgot i used to go to Tolka to to see 2 decent teams play ball, forgot how far you have fallen.

The rest of us saw the shyte you served up in Dalymount, so spare us. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Went to Sligo and Dundalk last night. Dundalk were brutal. They should have been 2 up at half time, but not that they were playing well,Sligo were just so bad first half. The first half was the worst half of football I've seen for a long time, but woke up in the second

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Went to Sligo and Dundalk last night. Dundalk were brutal. They should have been 2 up at half time, but not that they were playing well,Sligo were just so bad first half. The first half was the worst half of football I've seen for a long time, but woke up in the second

Don't let Dreamers read that.....he thinks all the league clubs have signed a contract to say they will only play tippy-tappy ball.

This is so we can watch tippy-tappy 0-0 games all season and revel in the entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Man we were poor on Friday. And predictable. Only McNulty and Horgan could have walked away from that game thinking a good job was done. The rest were awful. Lazy and disinterested.

Friday Vs Bohs could be a comedy fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Thought Bohs were excellent in the second half on Friday. Had a few chances to get the equaliser. I thought Dinny Corcoran had it when he lobbed the keeper. Really good showing and haven't disgraced themselves in any games I've seen this season. Just hard to see where goals are going to come from.

Thought Martin had an excellent game. His decision making is great and his passing was top notch throughout the game. Thought he was their best player on the night in my opinion.

Credit to Twigg for his goal though. Really well taken and superbly hit. Don't think he deserved a man of the match accolade. Thought Finn was Shamrock Rovers best player by far.

Cork on Friday won't be an easy game but there's an awful lot of positives to take out of the game on Friday.

gimmick wrote: »
    Man we were poor on Friday. And predictable. Only McNulty and Horgan could have walked away from that game thinking a good job was done. The rest were awful. Lazy and disinterested.

Friday Vs Bohs could be a comedy fest.

I reckon you will pick up your first win there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Funnily enough, I think Bohs will be thinking the exact same.

If we play like we did against Shams a few weeks ago, we will win. If we play like we did on Friday against Bray, we will lose.

gimmick wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I think Bohs will be thinking the exact same.

If we play like we did against Shams a few weeks ago, we will win. If we play like we did on Friday against Bray, we will lose.

Unless you score an o.g. it's gonna be impossible to lose to Bohs. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Unless you score an o.g. it's gonna be impossible to lose to Bohs. :pac:

Cork ain't exactly shining on all fronts either.

Could be one poor game.

Shels-Pat's highlights.

http://vimeo.com/39586344

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

born2bwild wrote: »
    Yeah - but I reckon a lot of their strength is down to the 3 Brennans, Fabio and Sava. In LoI terms, top class players - not only that, but top class players who really know how to play together. The difference with them on the field is immense. (Well, I only saw one friendly - Drogs/Lim pre season so this post may not actually be an accurate reflection of the real world -I think it's close enough, though)

Close, ish! We are an ok side without them, and a very decent side with them imo. None of the outfield players you mentioned played in the opening day fixture against Rovers and we played quite well in that game. Sean Brennan has only started one game btw, Fabio hasn't started any!
    A lot of Micks other signings have been just as crucial in our success so far ie Prendergast, Crowley, Hynes and Marshall. All that added to the good players from last season - the likes of Quigley, McNally, Gannon, Gav Brennan, Mulvenna etc have seen us turn into a good tidy footballing side.
    Its great to watch and United Park was rocking on friday night as we comprehensively beat Derry

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is Skinner really not rated?? Was he at Drogheda by the way?? He probably wasn't, but i just have that connection in my head.

He was brutal for Drogs as well mate.

Advertisement