Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What are his options really? They're not clamouring for him across the water and the days of players being able to dictate their terms to clubs here is long gone. If Kenna goes to Rovers looking for 1k a week, and they say you can have €600, what else can he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What are his options really? They're not clamouring for him across the water and the days of players being able to dictate their terms to clubs here is long gone. If Kenna goes to Rovers looking for 1k a week, and they say you can have €600, what else can he do?

Stay at Pats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It would sicken me to see any of the Pat's players sign for Shams, just sicken me. Especially Kenna, the best centre back in the league, imo. Classy player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

monkey9 wrote: »
    Especially Kenna, the best centre back in the league, imo. Classy player!

Like Maguire? :pac:

I'd take Kilduff back in a heartbeat and he left us for understandable reasons and on good terms.

stovelid wrote: »
    Like Maguire? :pac:

I'd take Kilduff back in a heartbeat and he left us for understandable reasons and on good terms.

Kilduff off UCD???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Kilduff off UCD???
    No this fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Not a transfer rumour but there was a meeting of clubs on the 18th where a 16-team premier division and return to winter football were discussed.

Supposedly the majority were in favour of both although there was no official vote. I'd be for the 16 team premier but i think a return to winter football would be a ridiculous decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not a transfer rumour but there was a meeting of clubs on the 18th where a 16-team premier division and return to winter football were discussed.

Supposedly the majority were in favour of both although there was no official vote. I'd be for the 16 team premier but i think a return to winter football would be a ridiculous decision.

I would be for it, and please dont give us that euro ****e. That happened cos our players were full time/Euro Bonuses nowt to do with Summer Soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I would be for it, and please dont give us that euro ****e. That happened cos our players were full time/Euro Bonuses nowt to do with Summer Soccer.

If we had winter soccer last year think of the number of games that would have been cancelled.

Also at least with summer soccer we have a couple of months where the league isnt competing with the football across the water.

Theres more benefits to summer soccer than just the european matches.

In any case any decision for changes rest with the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Winter football would be a massive, massive backwards step for the league. Who the hell wants to stand on a cold, wet, delapadated and crumbling terrace in the middle of January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Voltwad wrote: »
    Also heard the possibility of Shelley to Rovers. Wouldn't mind that but don't want Brennan anywhere near our team.

AFAIK both have a year left on their contract.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If we had winter soccer last year think of the number of games that would have been cancelled.

Or any Winter, there would be no-hopers

Tallaght (Frozen Pitch)
    Ballybofey (Too cloudy)
    Galway (Waterlogged)
    Showgrounds (Waterlogged)
    Longford (Waterlogged)

Harps might as well pull out of the league once and for all with Winter Football, there'd never play a game at home.

BOHtox wrote: »
    AFAIK both have a year left on their contract.

Have all Bohs players not been told they can go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Have all Bohs players not been told they can go??

Not all players. Some players have the option of another year on their contract. Bohs have said to them to leave and for those who have their contract up in the winter. They have been told it won't be renewed.

I wouldn't want to see it going back to winter football. A larger Premier division i would like, but not winter football.

As has been posted, last winter would have been a write off with clubs having to cram in matches before the end of the season to fulfill postponed fixtures and that would just be detrimental to the league and the standard of football on show.

Typical small time shite as usual. Winter football would be a retrograde step/

So how has Summer football helped? Increase in crowds? Increase in product? Increase in revenue? its ****ing freezin in bray no matter what time of the year so thats irrelevant.

Summer football has cost every club attendances (even rovers :eek: ) and has done nothing for the league as a whole. Im sure the FAI do will what is best tho :rolleyes:

Or the other side i suppose, Shels/Cork/Derry/Rovers were relegated during summer football. Suppose it has its merits.
    Should be another thread on this.

/Onto the rumours Gannon wont be ploughing money into Fingal next season due to his umm other financial commitments. So firesale? Anyone want 4 fancy midfielders who dont actually play the ball forward but are easy on the eye? Do Rovers have enough midfielders?

Believe Crowe is subject to a bidding war between Roma and Mizzonis.

So how has Summer football helped? Increase in crowds? Increase in product? Increase in revenue? its ****ing freezin in bray no matter what time of the year so thats irrelevant.

Summer football has cost every club attendances (even rovers :eek: ) and has done nothing for the league as a whole. Im sure the FAI do will what is best tho :rolleyes:

Or the other side i suppose, Shels/Cork/Derry/Rovers were relegated during summer football. Suppose it has its merits.

/Onto the rumours Gannon wont be ploughing money into Fingal next season due to his umm other financial commitments. So firesale? Anyone want 4 fancy midfielders who dont actually play the ball forward but are easy on the eye? Do Rovers have enough midfielders?

Has summer football affected attendences though??

Has summer football affected attendences though??

Yes.

Everyone got more before it. Product hasnt changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

We are trying to redress the balance in the league as Pats do nothing else but hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof the ball forward. Of course mahon would have us all believe that pats play good attractive football.

And its 3 midfielders B!tch:p

• Advertisement

We are trying to redress the balance in the league as Pats do nothing else but hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof the ball forward. Of course mahon would have us all believe that pats play good attractive football.

And its 3 midfielders B!tch:p

We did the fancy football thing for a bit came 2nd a lot, looked nice Ndo Fahey and Keane etc: . Rovers have it mastered it tho top of the league with "cultural" football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing Fingal linked to any of the players. Do you think there is truth in that rumour? I'd expected them to be the main beneficiaries of the Phibsborough exodus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

4676924-Sports_Travel-Ireland.jpg

Winter football :pac:

Has its benefits, but it has its drawbacks too (see above). Nothing like a night on the terraces in Morton or Carlisle to change our minds about it, I like going to the odd match in a pair of shorts. The atmosphere used to be great under floodlights though.

frantic190 wrote: »
    4676924-Sports_Travel-Ireland.jpg

Winter football :pac:

Summer football :pac:

Your points here are seriously winning me over :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Summer football :pac:

Your points here are seriously winning me over :pac:

That was a bad day alright :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Looking out at the weather tonight, I shudder to think about attendances and the quality of pitches if we were only 10 games in to a LOI season. Let's face it, most teams struggle to put a passing movement together on a calm dry evening, let alone on a wet windy one.

Summer football gives a chance for families to attend a game together (and so introduce the next generation to the beautiful game), whereas winter football only attracts the hardened supporter.

oldyouth wrote: »
    Looking out at the weather tonight, I shudder to think about attendances and the quality of pitches if we were only 10 games in to a LOI season. Let's face it, most teams struggle to put a passing movement together on a calm dry evening, let alone on a wet windy one.

Summer football gives a chance for families to attend a game together (and so introduce the next generation to the beautiful game), whereas winter football only attracts the hardened supporter.

So after 7 years why are our(i means everyones Rovers the anomally here granted) attendances lower than when we began? Why are the kids that actually go the ones of the parents who were going there anyway?

Clubs are trying http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=4025 sure others have the same things going on.

Jaysus, the Morton in December!!! :eek:

My only hope would be that it would be too cold to rain!!

I'd still go though!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jaysus, the Morton in December!!! :eek:

My only hope would be that it would be too cold to rain!!

I'd still go though!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Been there and outnumbered the home support there :pac::D Was many years ago, my fondest memory is Marcus Hallows skins 2 defenders on the edge of the box hes tru one on one, drifts wide of the onrushing keeper with some serious sublime skill, then runs into the ****ing post nearly knocking himself un ****ing concsious. Rovers win 2-1 and i start to hate that ****ing elvis impersonsator. Oh how how happy i was when told we we siging Sligos goal machine believing it to be Padraig Moran. Oh how unhappy i was when Hallows modelled a jersey

Hallows = Waste of a pair of football boots.

Marcus_hallows.jpg

his actual job at 29.

• Advertisement

Summer football has cost every club attendances (even rovers :eek: )

??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement