Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Whats a good movie download site/program?

• 16-01-2008 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent program or website for downloading films that I HAVE TO PAY FOR? Is "Grabit" of any use?

I don't mind paying, someone told me about a program you sign up for a tenner and can download films and preview them before downloading to ensure they're decent quality. I thought they said this feature was through "Grabit" which I downloaded but it seems awkward to navigate.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Oh I can see this thread lasting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

In before lock.

Have you tried checking what language they're in before downloading them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

There must be some sort of site/program like itunes but for films, as i said i dont mind paying if it takes all the hassle out of trying to get a decent download and somehthing i can actually watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

if ye dont mind payin, go the cinema or buy the DVD!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What ever you do don't go to xtravision. Bunch of scam artsts. I went to buy a film in there and when I got home and opened the box there was some sort of shiney coaster thingey in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

how has this thread lasted this long? in before the lock:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

unreggd wrote: »
    No need to say it twice, im not deaf!
    I use itunes but i still buy cd`s. So your cinema/buy the dvd comment is a bit stoopid.

Well, if ye dont want to mention freeshare programs fair enough, anyone know any good film site which give partial trailers/previews of films. A general film site like, with news on latest releases, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Last minute in before the lock action:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

trailers.apple.com is a great site for movie trailers.

btw, why are people getting excited about this thread getting locked? Probably the same people who rubberneck accidents.

Legit question by the op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In fairness we don't know what was originally posted by the OP as his first few posts have been edited by irlrobins. So he was possibly discussing 'dodgy' sites, programs etc which would lead to the thread being locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

eo980 wrote: »
    So he was possibly discussing 'dodgy' sites, programs etc which would lead to the thread being locked.
    Nail. Head. Hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Fabio

Apple are supposed to be launching a movie download service much like itunes soon enough so keep an eye out for that OP.

EDIT:

Just found the link where I read it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7188849.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you've got an Xbox 360 you can do downloadable movie rentals from Xbox live now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

snip

You can watch movies here (online)...depends on quality and all...if its divx then def dvd quality

Devil banned. No linking to illegal downloads please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Surely nobody on Boards.ie dowloads Music/Films/Software ilegally? :eek:
    Seriously OP do your Homework you just asking for a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Surely nobody on Boards.ie dowloads Music/Films/Software ilegally? :eek:
    Seriously OP do your Homework you just asking for a ban.

[sarcasm]Christ no. I paid for every one of the 600+ films on my network. Jesus, how could someone download all them files. The guilt alone would eat em up inside ![/sarcasm]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anti wrote: »
    [sarcasm]Christ no. I paid for every one of the 600+ films on my network. Jesus, how could someone download all them files. The guilt alone would eat em up inside ![/sarcasm]

Maybe you gotta virus, Like that judge Brian Curtain :p
    Fraid I might have 1 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Well I for one could not live with the shame....

• Advertisement

Back on topic please. *Waves ban stick*

irlrobins wrote: »
    Back on topic please. *Waves ban stick*
    twice in one week :(

Well then play nice Anti, cos your next ban from here is a permanent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

have apple any plans to release their tv shows over here on itunes cause I hate seeing the likes of dexter and lost in the american store and none in the Ireland store

I think they did have plans for it, and i thought it was available at this stage. Is anything on there at all ? And can you not just download it from the american store? Or is it like with the bbc i player you have to use a proxy to view the content ?

Are there any websites, that are like xtravision shops, where you can pay a bit to watch a film, like rent it only just watch it on the laptop over broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Nuttzy wrote: »
    Are there any websites, that are like xtravision shops, where you can pay a bit to watch a film, like rent it only just watch it on the laptop over broadband?

I feel if there were sites like that film piracy would take a hit, it would far from eradicate film piracy but it would help.

I would happily rent a movie to watch online.

Advertisement