Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Blazer wrote: »
    hmm..interesting..will the AC130 just fly around in a circle around the map letting players shooting at the ground. What about other jets..can they shoot it down etc?
    Very disappointed if this is the case as it would have been awesome to fly it:(

I think the AC130 will be the air equivalent of the AMTRAC - the land mobile spawn
    It will be big, powerful and slow ...easily destroyed if focused on.

I can see it being a novelty at the start, and then noone wanting to use it (also like the AMTRAC)
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think its gonna be a flag capture bonus of some sort.

What is that at the end about "tank superiority mode" ?
    Also I see "tank destroyers" ...niceeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You spent about 5 posts thrashing PCs though...and then you give us the "BIG" reveal ?....
    You don't deserve a PC tbh, also, read on the tech forums today some people having probs with deliveries from HSV , internal parts broken.
    I sense Karma on the horizon

This is what happens when you mock the master race, and then try to become one of them

I'm quite looking forward to buying my PC I must say. It's been a good few years since I was a PC gamer. I'll be doing the Overclockers thing myself I reckon. Can't wait.

Gonna be a little while though, as I needed a place to keep all my consoles and stuff so I recently bought a house.

Really looking forward to hitting up Craggy Island and getting my ass shot to bits though. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What is that at the end about "tank superiority mode" ?
    Also I see "tank destroyers" ...niceeeee

Dont know what tank superiority mode is gonna be but tank destroyers are going to be lav's with the tank main weapon. So they will be fast and powerful but have little armour.

This has my interest in BF building again. Liking the look of the "biggest map in BF history" & the snow map looks good too. Hopefully there is a new jet for us whorebags to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Really looking forward to hitting up Craggy Island and getting my ass shot to bits though. :D

and your tags taken....

a lot

danniemcq wrote: »
    and your tags taken....

a lot

I'll only ever wear ****ty ones on Craggy so none of you get my blinged out pimpin ones.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I'll only ever wear ****ty ones on Craggy so none of you get my blinged out pimpin ones.:)

No no no you not good enough !voteban Logical Fallacy :P

They will get taken a lot so share all the nice ones you have :D

Dont know what tank superiority mode is gonna be but tank destroyers are going to be lav's with the tank main weapon. So they will be fast and powerful but have little armour.

This has my interest in BF building again. Liking the look of the "biggest map in BF history" & the snow map looks good too. Hopefully there is a new jet for us whorebags to play with.

Finished with Diablo3 are ye ? :P , I don't think there's a new jet...I didn't cop one in the trailer anyways.
    Would like to see the F-15 / Su35 of BF2 or something similar so you can have a co-pilot with you (maybe even implement some of the stuff the Single Player jet mission had for ground targets, would be amazing)

That would be good but they need to De-nerf the AA in the game for it to be in anyway fair.
    With the AA tanks they should make it so they cant aim below a certain level that they are only good for AA and not tearing apart tanks and inf don't get me going about the hand held AA haha.
    There also should be AA turrets that are attached to certain caps that can be destroyed and respawn after a certain time like the TOW/Kornet but destroyable!!

BTW that Armoured kill is what Makes BF soo good after CQ Im glad its going this way loads of sh!t blowing up more sh!t cant wait for this and the snow map looks deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The AAs do not need de-nerfing for the love of God. If you get a good AA driver in a game it's impossible for jets or helis to do anything, unless you have good pilots working together.

Mobile AAs seem like a good idea, and I agree that they should be destroyable.

I'm liking the look of the mobile artillary vehicle in that clip (0:22) and the quads will mean complete C4 madness. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It's nerf and buff people, get the terms right :pac:

delly wrote: »
    It's nerf and buff people, get the terms right :pac:
    I was thinking it was "buff", but didn't want to make a fool out of myself if I was wrong :D

Decryptor wrote: »
    I was thinking it was "buff", but didn't want to make a fool out of myself if I was wrong :D

You know what "noob" is ? ..look in the mirror Shamrock ye clown :P

Wow the grammar/context Nazi's are out in force here today :rolleyes: calm down lads or there will be some major de-tagging next time on the server :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

This is what happens when you mock the master race, and then try to become one of them

LMFAO.

I was playing PC games before your balls dropped, sunshine.

360 was the only thing I had left after changing work and not having the amount of time I once did.

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    LMFAO.

360 was the only thing I had left after changing work and not having the amount of time I once did.

oh i think a one on on grudge match is in order. Let other people joing the server as spectators (maybe up in the market area of Bazzar) and have yous have a knife fight or something on the street in front of us?

Winner gets the others mousemat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mozattack wrote: »
    For every bonus that the PC gives (better graphics) and more players it doesn't outweight the bad because in a lot of maps we don't need more players as it would become a clusterf**k and the graphics are brilliant on PS3 anyway.
    I know there is auto-aim selected as default on the xbox; is the same true on the PS3?
    co-pilot
    It has been confirmed that such a plane will exist in Armoured Kill.
    Decryptor wrote: »
    the quads will mean complete C4 madness. :D
    Yes, I had great fun with these in BC2, as it was harder to hit me with a tank shell :D

=-=

The artillery trucks look interesting, but I wonder will it be minimap crap again, like the mortars, or binoculars like in 1942? Hopefully the latter.
    Commander Keen ftw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ah, I see you're the conventional chip-on-shoulder PC player forking out big money on a system that plays nothing of extreme importance or note apart from what is already available on console. ;)

Are consoles capable of the technology a PC is? Of course not, but why invest in one when DICE didn't even develop Battlefield 3 for PC...? They switched to consoles as their main platforms. Yes, the extra players are nice and all but there isn't a chance in hell PC would entice me (for example as a casual player) to fork out huge amounts of money in 2012. Let me ask you a question, even with all this power PC players claim they have and how wonderful it is compared to consoles....then WTF IS BEING PRODUCED FOR PC?!

Oh, that's what I thought. Nothing.

Have all the consoles and a PC.....rarely play the consoles. Can add me on all 3 if you want....my 360 tag says last played 654 days ago :eek:

in fact i would go as far as saying the only game PC people missed out on the last 5 years is Red Dead Redemption. Nothing else on console has been released that is relevant to PC players.

Dark Souls coming out soon so that list is 1 :p

BF3 still causing my CPU to over heat....so havent played it in ages.....must fix that.

oh i think a one on on grudge match is in order. Let other people joing the server as spectators (maybe up in the market area of Bazzar) and have yous have a knife fight or something on the street in front of us?

Winner gets the others mousemat

Can we have a dogfight in jets ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Can we have a dogfight in jets ? :rolleyes:

why?? Ye both suck at them ;)

plus both of yous would need the same perks unlocked and there could be to much tempation to "forget" that you had something activated.

Although if done on firestorm everyone could watch from the buildings in the middle

and would leaping out with an RPG be allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

plus both of yous would need the same perks unlocked and there could be to much tempation to "forget" that you had something activated.

Although if done on firestorm everyone could watch from the buildings in the middle

and would leaping out with an RPG be allowed?

I say we soflam them just for the laugh :D

00:00 Foreign speakage...

01:45 Close Quaters

02:05: Armoured Kill

02:27: Map names

05:48 Gunship gets attacked by a plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Sorry for opening a new thread about this lads! , Noob to this forum!

So yeah, looks like im gonna have to go get a pc by september now!!... 60 vehicles on one map?..... i cant be missing that now!!! haha

I cant wait to find out how the 2 man bomber plane works!, from day 1 i was saying to my mates that they should have a jet equipped with a decent bomb...with a considerable reload time and also weighs down the plane too for balancing purposes .... shocked to see the AC-130 in this! , a bit disappointed on finding out its not actually flyable but sure still will be great to co-ordinate tactical runs along with a good team of mates behind you!

Now.... onto overclockers i go to see what i cant get these days for the little money i have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

For console I suggested to Gustav Halling that they should split the 4 maps into 8 normal sized maps which would be a lot better for us. He said (via Twitter) "no".

I dunno, Rush will be fine but CQ again will be crap on PS3

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Sorry for opening a new thread about this lads! , Noob to this forum!

So yeah, looks like im gonna have to go get a pc by september now!!... 60 vehicles on one map?..... i cant be missing that now!!! haha

I cant wait to find out how the 2 man bomber plane works!, from day 1 i was saying to my mates that they should have a jet equipped with a decent bomb...with a considerable reload time and also weighs down the plane too for balancing purposes .... shocked to see the AC-130 in this! , a bit disappointed on finding out its not actually flyable but sure still will be great to co-ordinate tactical runs along with a good team of mates behind you!

Now.... onto overclockers i go to see what i cant get these days for the little money i have...

Probably better off it's not flyable. Every dip**** in the game would be putting it in the nearest mountain.

or flying it juhad style

(coughshamrockcough)

or flying it juhad style

(coughshamrockcough)
    It's "jihad" goddammit, get it right :D

In all seriousness though, there would be no enjoyment whatsoever in using jihad AC-130s. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Probably better off it's not flyable. Every dip**** in the game would be putting it in the nearest mountain.

Buuuuuut then we'd have no epic video clips where a quad bike is flying through the sand dunes , gaining some air over the peaks and then in slow-mo the C-130 comes out over it , roaring by taking up the full view ..... :cool::cool::cool: ;)

Personally I just want to land a Flanker on it.

It'll just mean it'll be easier to plant C4 on it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So Tank Superiority Mode on the Armoured Shield map:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

New footage of Armoured Kill as well as AfterMath from Gamescon. It's out in 4 weeks exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

New footage of Armoured Kill as well as AfterMath from Gamescon. It's out in 4 weeks exactly.

Oh God, I think my ears are bleeding.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

FKING WUBWUBWUBWUBS! What moron decided that all Games trailers/videos/everything has to have wubwubwubwubs. It's fking nonsense.

The Armoured Kill stuff looks like it could be a lot of fun and madness. C4 Quads will become the weapon of choice I think :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Here it is with the correct soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

A night map and a snow map the 2 things I wanted :D

3 of em look great, the one used to show the tank superiority mode dosent look too interesting just looks likes a massive open field, like caspian but caspien had a big of a forest and other little things.

5uspect wrote: »
    So Tank Superiority Mode on the Armoured Shield map:
    With enemy tanks being so close together, some fcuker :pac: in a C4/mine buggy will have great fun :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

anyone got any idea about the new maps? august is shoving on now like!

Pretty sure it's out in September. First for Premium members, then PS3 a week later, then everyone else a week after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

anyone got any idea about the new maps? august is shoving on now like!

September 14 th I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

5uspect wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's out in September. First for Premium members, then PS3 a week later, then everyone else a week after that.

No, it's more complicated than that. :rolleyes: It goes:

Premium PS3 users -(1 week)-> Premium Xbox/PC users -(2 weeks)-> Non-Premium PS3 users -(1 week)-> Non-Premium Xbox/PC users.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    No, it's more complicated than that. :rolleyes: It goes:

Premium PS3 users -(1 week)-> Premium Xbox/PC users -(2 weeks)-> Non-Premium PS3 users -(1 week)-> Non-Premium Xbox/PC users.

Oh dear.

the_syco wrote: »
    With enemy tanks being so close together, some fcuker :pac: in a C4/mine buggy will have great fun :P

YUP! :)

YUP! :)

Me and 3 other Youtubers will be doing a series called "Quad Up" where we roll around with C4 blasting tanks.

Me and 3 other Youtubers will be doing a series called "Quad Up" where we roll around with C4 blasting tanks.

Nice, if you need a C4 expert you know where to find me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Nice, if you need a C4 expert you know where to find me :P

U mean ex-expert ur totally outta practice , not even in the top 10 in the world anymore pfffff ,and no doubt a complete C4 noob again :p

why have i got a feeling anytime i'm in a tank on this map and see a quad i'll either

A) nail that fecker with an awesome shot

B) constantly miss and then panic as it gets closer try and jump out but instead end up hitting either the ¬ key or the windows key as i watch unable to do anything as the quad rams into the side of me

should be good craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

why have i got a feeling anytime i'm in a tank on this map and see a quad i'll either

A) nail that fecker with an awesome shot

B) constantly miss and then panic as it gets closer try and jump out but instead end up hitting either the ¬ key or the windows key as i watch unable to do anything as the quad rams into the side of me

should be good craic

Put your own C4 on it and when they get too close jump out and detontate, really pisses them off :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Put your own C4 on it and when they get too close jump out and detontate, really pisses them off :p
    When you could still blow up the C4 when you got revived, I'd put a couple of C4 under my tank, so I'd hop out, run around, get shot, come back alive, trigger the C4, and kill two or three of the enemy :P

But yes, dodging tank shells on a quad whilst on a one way trip can be quite fun, as most tankers aim slightly too high, rather than at the ground in front of you, and thus usually missed. Getting out isn't an option, as I'd still kill you :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just read something that said the release dates will be Sep 4th for God-like Premium people, 18th for non-Premium PS3 commoners and 25th for the lower classes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement