Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I'd have a good laugh at that anyway. Won't happen, no europe for a few years, midtable maybe, a "Lost decade" but within 10 years you will probably be back to the same level as Celtic. I'm looking forward to some really one sided derbys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Plus it would be interesting to see what the BBC and Sky think if we decided to go into division 3 and not take a points cut. No OF games, possibly no TV deals.

The SPL signed a 5 year TV deal worth £80 million with Sky Sports and ESPN regardless of whether Rangers are in or out. You might see a little of that when you get promoted back up in a few years time. Your club got less than 18,000 of the best fans in the world to watch a cup game against Dundee Utd, imagine what you will get against Elgin City or Clyde...3 or 4,000 maybe?

No doubt you will get bigger attendances than the competition but the day to day running cost of Ibrox will somewhat cancel that benefit out, plus season ticket prices will have to fall dramatically. By the time you get promoted back to the SPL you will have a team of players who will probably win Division 1 easily but of mid-table SPL quality at best, you can forget about your McGregors, Bocanegras and Naismiths.

I reckon if Rangers go down to Division 3 you won't be near to challenging Celtic until the 2020s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do scottish people/irish people not understand how Administration works in England...i mean Scotland?

Mad how the celtic fans fapping themselves over this. I guess they just dont realise how this will end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cheers. I don't see what problem you would have with us going into division 3.

I dont have a problem with Rangers2012 entering into div.3, good luck with that! :pac:

I just question the mentality of any fan that would rather be winning easy in the lowest division than competing at the top level. Its shameful tbh

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do scottish people/irish people not understand how Administration works in England...i mean Scotland?

Mad how the celtic fans fapping themselves over this. I guess they just dont realise how this will end.

Enlighten us, oh wise one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Is that the infamous Torbett Sorbet ?

Care to explain this Jelle?

That gets spouted by people that dont understand how Celtic make their money.

You do realise that Celtic has downsized before?

You gonna tell us how it's going to end?

Care to explain this Jelle?
    Don't bother with it

Dempsey wrote: »
    That gets spouted by people that dont understand how Celtic make their money. And in any deluded event, you do realise that Celtic has downsized before?

Typical Celtic fan, don't you know that 126% of your income comes from the 2 home games against Rangers every season? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It will end grand, if the league is smaller, less money or whatever it doesn't matter. Doesnt even look like that will happen anyway.

Will be better without the rainjurs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

TheKeith looking forward to New Dignity FC playing in Division 3 lol..... I think he has hit the "acceptance" stage of his mourning! :D

PauloMN wrote: »
    TheKeith looking forward to New Dignity FC playing in Division 3 lol..... I think he has hit the "acceptance" stage of his mourning! :D

What I reckon is happening is that Rangers fans are setting an absolute worst case scenario as being the assumed outcome, then when the actual time for judgement comes and they aren't relegated they can feel they have done quite well out of the whole thing and got away lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I dont have a problem with Rangers2012 entering into div.3, good luck with that! :pac:

I just question the mentality of any fan that would rather be winning easy in the lowest division than competing at the top level. Its shameful tbh
    I would rather compete at the bottom than start every SPL season with -10 points. Let Sky and ESPN suffer without OF games.

We can work our way back up over time and then compete again. We got plenty of time to do so.

The club is in for a rough time anyway.

Don't bother with it

Using child abuse to make a point is fairly low but if it makes Jelle happy then so be it.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Perhaps it is just me but I would have no problem with it.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Is that the infamous Torbett Sorbet ?
    Isn't that the big jock special desert you can get in some Scottish Cafés.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enlighten us, oh wise one.

Someone buys them for an english pound.
    That gets spouted by people that dont understand how Celtic make their money.

You do realise that Celtic has downsized before?

Dont care, Rangers a prime investment now.
    You gonna tell us how it's going to end?

With someone buying them for little or nothing and getting a going concern for peanuts.
    It will end grand, if the league is smaller, less money or whatever it doesn't matter. Doesnt even look like that will happen anyway.

Will be better without the rainjurs

Someone own them for nothing....sorry 1 english pound.

Seriously lads you dont see this? Are Celtic fans that retarded they dont see this coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Keith its not the kind of thing to joke about to be honest

I would rather compete at the bottom than start every SPL season with -10 points. Let Sky and ESPN suffer without OF games.

We can work our way back up over time and then compete again. We got plenty of time to do so.

The club is in for a rough time anyway.

Is that even a possible outcome? I wouldnt think so

Neil Doncaster was a fool to allow such conditions into the TV deal. Basically Celtic or Rangers missing the split would have jeopardised the financial stability of 10 clubs. I couldnt care less what Sky/ESPN want, its clearly not in the best interests of Scottish Football tbh.

Thats a stupid statement

Rangers is currently a money pit.

You clearly havent fully grasped whats going on.

• Advertisement

Is that even a possible outcome? I wouldnt think so

Neil Doncaster was a fool to allow such conditions into the TV deal. Basically Celtic or Rangers missing the split would have jeopardised the financial stability of 10 clubs. I couldnt care less what Sky/ESPN want, its clearly not in the best interests of Scottish Football tbh.
    That is what I am saying. They have no choice but to allow us back into the SPL with a clean slate. Otherwise, we could/should go to division 3 and then just work our way back up. Get all the best players at that level and then get back into the SPL.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The dignity eh?

Someone buys them for an english pound.

With someone buying them for little or nothing and getting a going concern for peanuts.

Someone own them for nothing....sorry 1 english pound.

Seriously lads you dont see this? Are Celtic fans that retarded they dont see this coming?

F*ck lads he's right, remember how Leeds Utd went into administration and it all worked out rosy for them with no negative repercussions whatsoever?

That is what I am saying. They have no choice but to allow us back into the SPL with a clean slate. Otherwise, we could/should go to division 3 and then just work our way back up. Get all the best players at that level and then get back into the SPL.

In other words cutting off your own nose to spite your face?

No choice? Lets keep it real! What I meant was I dont think there is a "start every SPL season with -10 points" penalty.

A new rangers getting back into the SPL goes to a vote, you would need to win that 11:1 as per the rule. You will not get that.

:D:D:D:D:D:D Best. Joke. Ever.

£15m in hock right now, with no season ticket money for the next 3 years, and that's not counting the £49m other tax bill they have coming?

Getting one up on your rivals by using the suffering of child abuse victims is about as disgusting in my book as those who use the Ibrox disaster as a means to hurt Rangers supporters.

No choice? Lets keep it real! What I meant was I dont think there is a "start every SPL season with -10 points" penalty.

A new rangers getting back into the SPL goes to a vote, you would need to win that 11:1 as per the rule. You will not get that.
    Good. Then start at the bottom again. Fine with me. No problem whatsoever.
    In other words cutting off your own nose to spite your face?
    Absolutely. Think about it. Celtic will dominate the SPL for a good number of years to come. The media will get bored of it because it has NO competition at all. They will have little to report on. We on the other hand will be working our way back up. The hardcore will still support the club and we will be winning every week. The club needs to recognise and plan for the worst or at least this situation. Do NOT accept a place back into the SPL if it means points deductions. Go to the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

A prime investment? How's that?

• Advertisement

Getting one up on your rivals by using the suffering of child abuse victims is about as disgusting in my book as those who use the Ibrox disaster as a means to hurt Rangers supporters.
    It was a joke. In bad taste I admit. I apologise.

Advertisement