Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Based on?

based on the fact this summer will be the last time united will get a decent transfer fee for him given his age and the fact he has been linked with a move to Real madrid so many times in recent months before his injury in the press, this longterm injury could stop that departure from happening though, another reason its just a gut feeling I have, I had the same gut feeling about scholes coming out of retirement and I was right despite the abuse I took here for suggesting such a ludicrous thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

based on the fact this summer will be the last time united will get a decent transfer fee for him given his age and the fact he has been linked with a move to Real madrid so many times in recent months before his injury in the press, this longterm injury could stop that departure from happening though

Makes sense. Possible I guess given we have 2 young lads there to take over.
    another reason its just a gut feeling I have, I had the same gut feeling about scholes coming out of retirement and I was right despite the abuse I took here for suggesting such a ludicrous thing

Meh to this. Im sure we all get these from time to time. We only remember the ones we get right (1 in 100s) and tend to ignore the ones we got badly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

based on the fact this summer will be the last time united will get a decent transfer fee for him given his age and the fact he has been linked with a move to Real madrid so many times

And you really think Madrid or any other top team are goin to splash out on a player coming back from a cruciate injury?!

kmart6 wrote: »
    And you really think Madrid or any other top team are goin to splash out on a player coming back from a cruciate injury?!

We did it with Ruud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

We did it with Ruud

We were buying him before he got injured though,not the same as some team making a random offer,i think he may see his career out with us all the same.

• Advertisement

d22ontour wrote: »
    We were buying him before he got injured though,not the same as some team making a random offer,i think he may see his career out with us all the same.

I didnt think he officially signed though? We would then assess the situation after his injury as any team would with Vida.

Hope we keep him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I meant we wanted him, his injury only delayed it, plenty of articles about covering how he got letters from Fergie etc, he was coming to us and his injury only delayed it somewhat.
    Nobody is courting Vidic at the moment and it will be a 30m+ bid to take him away imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Tomato tomato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Damn, I am thinking of Dodo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

0 chance Vidic will be sold, willing to bet money if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Who do you guys think is a better player and would be best for united Parker or Tiote, if fergie persists with 442 in europe next season we will need a player like that to protect the back four, I havent seen him play Rooney up front on his own in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

RasTa wrote: »
    0 chance Vidic will be sold, willing to bet money if you want.

Yes, I'll take action on this as well.

You have to remember we didn't exactly break the bank for him wrt a transfer fee. He will be our No1 CB for the next 3-4 years then we will gradually phase him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

being watching Fulham game and Clint Dempsey played very good again.

you reckon he is good enough for the UTD team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

G.K. wrote: »
    Damn, I am thinking of Dodo.

United have a first option deal on Dodo until 2013, when he turns 21 afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Rooney has scored twice against Tottenham, City and Liverpool and three times against Chelsea and Arsenal this season. Some going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

De Gea with another solid performance .(hOpe I don't jinx him).

The perfect win. Shockingly poor performance and three points. Really only the city away game that sticks out in remaining fixtures.

I think city are going to have to beat united to win the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Right, hands up, who were those saying that Young is a fair weathered player who only plays well when the team is in good form? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Great result if not the performance, was worried about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Blatter wrote: »
    Right, hands up, who were those saying that Young is a fair weathered player who only plays well when the team is in good form? :pac:

Me!

I stand by that by the way! its all I have from him so far

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

That's a big 3 points but in fairness we rode our luck.

First 2 goals completely against the run of play, whole thing reminded me of the Chelsea game but without the giving away 3 goals!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I've given him a bit of stick for recent poor performances and rightly so IMO.
    Hats off today though,he stepped up when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He has awoken from his slumber in the last few weeks.
    He was anonymous from Oct-Jan after a great start to the season.
    Extremely patchy player .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Me but I do stand by it. If he keeps this up I will take it all back and claim I was wrong, & I'll be delighted to do it too!

kryogen wrote: »
    Me!

I stand by that by the way! its all I have from him so far

I think people were judging Young way too harshly tbh! He's only played 22 games for United and has been pretty good in around half of them. He's had some poor games though I admit.

Assisted the last min goal at Norwich last week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Utd should go on and win the league now ,they have a far easier run in ,
    one of the easiest in years.
    In fact they could win the rest of their matches except the City match.

Man City have to go away to Swansea,Stoke,Arsenal,Newcastle,Norwich,and play Chelsea (sans Avb) at the Etihad.

He has awoken from his slumber in the last few weeks.
    He was anonymous from Oct-Jan after a great start to the season.
    Extremely patchy player .

Yeah, that's the type of player he is. Always good for an assist or a goal out of nothing though. SAF knew what he was getting with him.

Nani was very poor today, the only thiing of not he did was lose Modric for the throw in the build up to the second goal.

I think people were judging Young way too harshly tbh! He's only played 22 games for United and has been pretty good in around half of them. He's had some poor games though I admit.

Assisted the last min goal at Norwich last week as well.

I know, but when the pressure is on, when the game is level or we are losing he tends to do more bad then good anytime I have seen him, even today he was woeful! Until the game was pretty much locked up.

I really hope he can become a player who consistently plays well for us.

Utd should go on and win the league now ,they have a far easier run in ,
    one of the easiest in years.
    In fact they could win the rest of their matches except the City match.

Man City have to go away to Swansea,Stoke,Arsenal,Newcastle,Norwich,and play Chelsea (sans Avb) at the Etihad.

Easy run ins on paper count for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Me! He was terrible first half imo but great finishes second half

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement