Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I think the attitude some of you have is absolutely pathetic.
    For the past four seasons this thread has been bi and large for Barcelona fans and discussion has been good.

Now that Madrid are almost certainly about the take back the La Liga trophy from Barcelona after 4 years where they out classed almost every body with ease domestically and in Europe, all of you stick your head in here? Of course this season was going to be a hard one, with all of the injury's Barca have had to endure is it any wonder their away form has been so woeful? Players like Villa and Affelay could have chipped in any where between 10-25 between them. It's the equivalent of Madrid losing Benzema's 11 goals and some like Di Maria for the entire season. Barcelonas squad has been stretched more than ever this season. Pedro and Iniesta have been out more than in the squad over the past 3 months it seems. All of these are factors in why Messi looks tired, and why Cesc has been deployed as a false 10 so often.

Look I know there's a certain level of animosity that some people will always have against Barcelona but I really think it's sad how people are so willing to forget the great football that's been played by these guy's over the last 4-5 seasons, and particularly since Peps arrival. This is the team that scored 5 without response against Madrid just last season. They are the team that have twice bullied United off the pitch in the Uefa Champions league final with some amazing "tika-taka"..

I can guarantee you that not a single player in this Barcelona squad is happy about the current league standings, but this is all the more reason to push even harder in the remaining two competitions. Players like Iniesta and Pedro coming back to full fitness will reap rewards, and I expect to see a more clinical Messi soon.

SO to all you nay sayers who are calling for an end to Peps reign, and hailing this Madrid team. Let's just see have Madrid got what it takes to keep Barcelona at bay for 4 years the way Barca did to them. I really don't see it happening. If any thing, I can admit that thing's have shaped up well from a purely competitive point of view. Hell if last season was any thing like last it would have been a dull season. I know Mou hasn't exactly been the most well behaved manager at the helm of Madrid. But he has done every thing that was necessary to close the gap. Hats of really..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm all for giving credit to Madrid, that they are what it takes to beat everyone else (except Barcelona).

It is also a testament to the rest of La Liga where Barcelona apparently play rubbish week-in, week-out that the illustrious names to stop them are Osasuna and Getafe, along with Valencia, Sevilla, Athletic, Real Sociedad, Espanyol and all but two by attacking them and being courageous.

If Barcelona don't win the league, they'll still have won 5 of the last 8 La Liga titles and one of those was lost on head-to-head, so it's still Barcelona's era. Won't be bothered by any last laugh, no matter how loud it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Very good postS :) (i write so slowly :D)

Remember back in Rijkaard's last season and a half, and compare to how this team is playing. Worlds apart. This Barça side has a lot more to offer (with Guardiola I hope! looks likely he will sign imo) so yeah, looking forward to the rest of the season.

Catalan radio says Xavi won't start because of calf muscle problems. lolol ffs just when the injuries were clearing up. dreadful.

edit: apparently he thought he could play on with painkillers, but Barça not taking any risks. not so bad then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The Bayer team looks very tough tonight. Won't be an easy game by any stretch

• Advertisement

So surprised with Kiessling being left out. Delighted though, since Puyol-Mascherano = no height.

So surprised with Kiessling being left out. Delighted though, since Puyol-Mascherano = no height.

Indeed, excellent striker and will thankfully be badly missed. Schurrle is my one to watch. Fantastic talent.

yeah, huge potential.

Probably their biggest threat tonight with Kiessling benched, Derdiyok+Sam injured. Piqué not even starting on the bench is odd. He has been in terrible form (other than Valencia second leg) though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The Bayer team looks very tough tonight. Won't be an easy game by any stretch

They're sixth in the German league, 10 points adrift of 4th place and leaking goals. They will be dismantled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems Pique was dropped completely. He has not been great lately admittedly, but according to Hunter earlier, he has been extremely absent minded off the field lately as well, forgetting flight tickets, leaving car doors wide open and other daft things.

Hopefully this dropping might give him a kick up the ass, as he is so important for the CL campaign.

• Advertisement

How would Hunter know that, Gimmick? Not doubting it with the car crash etc, just wondering.

Anyway, amazing result for Barça. GET INNNN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I don't know, but Hunter is usually spot on when it comes to anything Barca. he does have a good inside line it seems.

Which reminds me, his new book is available from Friday

Barca-book-for-web.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Messi was brillant tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

gimmick wrote: »
    Seems Pique was dropped completely. He has not been great lately admittedly, but according to Hunter earlier, he has been extremely absent minded off the field lately as well, forgetting flight tickets, leaving car doors wide open and other daft things.

That doesn't sound good. Hopefully it's just stress. I mean I seriously HOPE it's just stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

gimmick wrote: »

Hopefully this dropping might give him a kick up the ass, as he is so important for the CL campaign.

Shakira was nearly ate by a Sealion, there.

421018_299716460083495_138589062862903_747637_43120204_n.jpeg

This jersey seems to be decided on then.

It looks much better here than in previous pics, but it seems more like a PSG jersey to me? I don't know whether I like it or not, tbh. Pics of the away kit look pretty bad. Hope it turns out better like this has..kind of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Down 1-0 at home to Valencia atm, Piatti with the goal. Only Xavi and Dani Alves missing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Messi scores 2 goals in five minutes to put Barca 2-1 ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Barca cruising here, can see them scoring 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Valencia's keeper has been amazing keeping them in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Keeper determined not to give up the hat trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hat-trick.

40 goals in 40 appearances this season for Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Another one! lovely finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Blatter wrote: »
    Barca cruising here, can see them scoring 4 or 5.

Good call.

Great performance tonight, looks as if Barcelona have sharpened up up-front. Now if only we could get Pedro back on form i'd be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

letting of fireworks here tonight? :rolleyes:

Don't they realise they are 10 pts behind the glorious Madrid ?

Or maybe they are THAT deluded to think they can catch them ...

Hmmm, don't know what to make of that considering your supposedly in Barcelona!

Should they just roll over now and not bother just cause Madrid are so far ahead!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

of course not, but setting of bangers is a bit much, like they just won a huge cup game or cut the gap to 3 points...

Well it was still a pretty emphatic won over the 3rd placed team!

the_monkey wrote: »
    letting of fireworks here tonight? :rolleyes:

Don't they realise they are 10 pts behind the glorious Madrid ?

Or maybe they are THAT deluded to think they can catch them ...

Do you ever stop moaning? Seriously? Don't think I've read one post by you about Barca that has ever even in the slightest not been a whinge about something. Buy a pair of ear plugs if celebrating fans bother you that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

the_monkey wrote: »
    of course not, but setting of bangers is a bit much, like they just won a huge cup game or cut the gap to 3 points...

Are you sure this had nothing to do with it being Carnival weekend or that the final of the basketball Copa del Rey was on in the city?

Advertisement