Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barclays Premier League Fantasy Football 2012/2013

• 18-07-2012 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

I know there's a forum elsewhere for this but I find it very hard to bother logging into anything that's not the soccer forum.

Anyway, for those interested the player price list is up on the official fpl site.

Game should be live in a few days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I always do ok for the first month and then my interests fades and I end up coming near the bottom of all the leagues I join.

Not this year. *

Top by end of September, relegated come May :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I always do ok for the first month and then my interests fades and I end up coming near the bottom of all the leagues I join.

Not this year. *

Top by end of September, relegated come May :P

There dividing it into 4 quarters apparently . Should keep people more interested .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There dividing it into 4 quarters apparently . Should keep people more interested .

I normally forget about it until about an hour before K/O on Saturday and at that stage all I wanna do is worry about the game itself.

I used to do it on Friday afternoon in work also and sure if players were dropped or rested for Saturday I had no knowledge of so missed out on lots of points that way to.

I say it every year I wont get invovled but no doubt I'll take part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no midfielder is more than £10m.

it seems a bit shít to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

SlickRic wrote: »

It's defo easier to pick a team than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lots of teams will be fairly similar until mid August probably. I always leave it as late as possible to submit a team, bloody transfer window not shutting until September plays havoc with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Who deserves it though from the midfielders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Is the website up yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

They said on their twitter it'll be up on the 21st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JPA wrote: »
    Who deserves it though from the midfielders?

i suppose.

but i'd personally have Silva for one.

Nani too.

Bale wouldn't be a bad shout either.

i just think you need a couple over £10m, because at the moment, if they're all under £10m, then people's teams are all going to be very similar i'd imagine.

if nobody is an outstanding candidate, then i'd have bunker the top 6 or 7 up by 1m or so, just to make it more interesting.

i'll obviously only know for sure once we start doing teams, but my inkling is the midfielders being so cheap will cause teams to be awfully similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

There's a player list up. Shows all the players and prices so far and last year's points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

i suppose.

Nani too.

i just think you need a couple over £10m, because at the moment, if they're all under £10m, then people's teams are all going to be very similar i'd imagine.

if nobody is an outstanding candidate, then i'd have bunker the top 6 or 7 up by 1m or so, just to make it more interesting.

i'll obviously only know for sure once we start doing teams, but my inkling is the midfielders being so cheap will cause teams to be awfully similar.

Think the prices are based on last year a bit though. A few years ago you had Lampard, Ronaldo, Gerrard always delivering loads of goals and assists from midfield. Last year players like Nani, Silva and Bale only really delivered in terms of fantasy football for half/two thirds of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Remember last seasons balls up on the first weekend of matches,the site crashed,nearly brought fellas to tears!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

i suppose.

Nani too.

I think the opposite is true. Surely there's a lot of players around the same price, it will lead to a greater variety of teams? At the minute there's 15 players between 8.5 and 10.0. And a lot of them are pretty attractive, I know I'll have a hard time which 2 or 3 of those to go with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

yeah, the winners of each quarter get a VIP trip to watch their team

Their also including facebook integration this year that allows you to post your confirmed lineup on there - good enough feature, especially in the weeks your doing good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Is there a boards.ie league, does anyone know?

I missed the first game week but would still like to join if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

RVP goes off at half time with suspected thigh injury. extent unknown. cue mass ff panic :p

Advertisement