Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Q/F Draw - 16/03/12 @ 10:30am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

If Chelsea get to the semi's ,Their away for the 2nd leg which makes a BIG BIG different IMO ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    If Chelsea get to the semi's ,Their away for the 2nd leg which makes a BIG BIG different IMO ,

I'm sure Roberto Lampard JT is already plotting a way through! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we beat Benfica and Barca and then had to face Mourhino and Madrid in the Final I think I'd cry.

Mourhino would be goign for 3 champls geaue victories with 3 teams in 3 different countries in his 3rd final.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Did Barca get drawn in the semis directly or something? I thought they had to play Milan first? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

gavredking wrote: »
    If we beat Benfica and Barca and then had to face Mourhino and Madrid in the Final I think I'd cry.

Mourhino would be goign for 3 champls geaue victories with 3 teams in 3 different countries in his 3rd final.

:(

I hope he wins it out. When he wins it out he leaves the club in the summer. Then he can come back and get working on his 4th victory with 4th club in 4th country in his 4th final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Set up nicely for a Barca - Real final, the best chance really Mou has of beating Pep. Real vs Bayern will be a cracking semi, along with Barca vs Chelsea, providing all those teams get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

gavredking wrote: »
    Benfica wont be push overs, Witsel in midfield for them is a good player, I rate him.

is that the Belgian international with the Fellaini style afro? if so yes hes a great player.

Did Barca get drawn in the semis directly or something? I thought they had to play Milan first? :rolleyes:

It'll be clsoer then most people think.

2-2 in the Camp Nou and then Barca won 3-2 in the San Siro.

All the ties are interesting and tough to call, bar the Apoel v Real game, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Barca Vs Milan!! Can't wait!!!

is that the Belgian international with the Fellaini style afro? if so yes hes a great player.

Thats him, hes only 21, 22 as well. Been watching him this year after some impressive games with Leieg and hes progressed even further. I'd love to have him at Chelsea but dont see it happening anytime soon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPpcLRSTiD7KgaPmoxYaj8zNJJcrVYDcDxSDISZ8qk20eEvrTF3A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

THFC wrote: »
    Set up nicely for a Barca - Real final, the best chance really Mou has of beating Pep. Real vs Bayern will be a cracking semi, along with Barca vs Chelsea, providing all those teams get through.

Barca-Real final, the Sun headlines: "Pepé le Mou"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I Honestly think that Milan have enough about them to go at barca and possibly sneak something.

Milan are good at home, Barca's form away from home this year has not been great also I could see Milan scoring at Camp nou.

Bayern are a TOP team I think I'd fancy them against Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hope its Barca v Chelsea semi for quite number of reason's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I hope he wins it out. When he wins it out he leaves the club in the summer. Then he can come back and get working on his 4th victory with 4th club in 4th country in his 4th final.

Well after City getting dumped out of every compition this season and if he fails to win the PL i think Mancini will get the chop and id cry if Mourinho went to City. City have the type of squad Mourinho dreams of and he will dominate the PL for years to come:(

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Can see both Real and Barca being kept apart.

Benfica v Chelsea
    Apoel v Barcelona
    Bayern Munich v Marseille
    Real Madrid v AC Milan

Not a bad guess at all. I think everyone knew Real and Barca were getting kept apart im delighted UEFA have fixed drawn it like that. If Chelsea go into that tie the way their fans are carrying on about it im sorry but you will get your arses handed to you. If there is one team not to be underestimated in that draw, its Benfica. Im actually willing to bet Chelsea will not win the away tie, however a good home showing could see them through. Take a look at recent English teams' results in the Estadio de Lúz, it does not make for good reading and Chelsea need to be aware of that.

No doubt Real got what would seem on paper to be an easier draw but Apoel may make it a little harder than Real would expect. Jose has had previous difficulty with Αnorthosis Famagusta. Bayern and Marseille will be an interesting tie and I fancy Marseille to get a decent result at the Velodrome, its how well they do at the Allianz that will be the decider. Hard to see past a Bayern victory though. AC and Barcelona have both met in the group stage and it is the tie of the round. AC held Barca at the Camp Nou and Barca bet them in the San Siro so anything could happen here you never know, you'd fancy Barca to do them though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pretty good draw from an Arsenal and Spurs pov, assuming the ties go the way youd expect, two games against Barca in April wont do Chelsea any favours.

what a day wrote: »
    Well after City getting dumped out of every compition this season and if he fails to win the PL i think Mancini will get the chop and id cry if Mourinho went to City. City have the type of squad Mourinho dreams of and he will dominate the PL for years to come:(

Except he wants the united job and always has :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Except fergie wont retire for another 16 years.
    Manc City already have the squad he likes, has more money than any one else and has nothing to lose. Mourinho will be at Chelsea or Man City next season after he wins the CL this year with Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Cant see bayern or RM not getting to the semi, could be a good game that one if Bayern get their full early season form back.

The other two quarters are not anyway near as clear cut, people seem to think Barca just have to turn up and its all over. In the second leg in the Nou Camp they will be playing both Barca and the ref as always but they can certainly give themselves something to play for in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Bayern against Marseille? Did somebody related to Munich did the draw? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Pretty good draw from an Arsenal and Spurs pov, assuming the ties go the way youd expect, two games against Barca in April wont do Chelsea any favours.

Unless Chelsea win the CL, which would mean that whoever comes 4th won't get a CL place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Unless Chelsea win the CL, which would mean that whoever comes 4th won't get a CL place.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Bayern against Marseille? Did somebody related to Munich did the draw? :rolleyes:

What?

Renn wrote: »
    What?

Well...Bayern got the easiest possible draw, imo. And they host the final.

Would love to see Bayern win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

yes he often speaks of his fondness and love of Utd :rolleyes:

He wouldnt like it there - no money and only one cinema.
    And he's have to sit behind Tevez and his kids making all th enoise and throwing popcorn around ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Mourinho will take the City job if he is offered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Well...Bayern got the easiest possible draw, imo. And they host the final.

Haha. If they got APOEL you'd be saying the same. Probably Benfica too. Why didn't they put Real and Barca on the same side to make the route easier for them?

EH?

Renn wrote: »
    Haha. If they got APOEL you'd be saying the same. Probably Benfica too. Why didn't they put Real and Barca on the same side to make the route easier for them?

EH?

I wouldn't say. APOEL are that easy to play, the might have that kind of underdog-status ;)

Anyway, the media in Germany hope, there will be a final between Bayern and Barca...or shall I say between Gomez and Messi? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I wouldn't say. APOEL are that easy to play, the might have that kind of underdog-status ;)

Anyway, the media in Germany hope, there will be a final between Bayern and Barca...or shall I say between Gomez and Messi? :pac:

Apoel won't get through. End of.

Advertisement