Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2011/12 (FSA link in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I think I should break 60. Somehow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

JPA wrote: »
    I think I should break 60. Somehow!

Might just clear 50 if I'm lucky.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How poxy am I, Aguero my captain didnt play so the captancy goes to dempsey, not only that mcauley and caulker come in for aguero and silva, a measly point for mcclean coming on for bale so in total so far without bonus pts I have 87 points:D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hey

Whats the name of that website that shows price rises anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

How'd you do this weekend? Bit of a strange one for everyone methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

smokingman wrote: »

How'd you do this weekend? Bit of a strange one for everyone methinks...

Cheers mate

47 not bad considering how everyone else did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

http://www.totalfpl.com/

or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

There's a large list of FF resources here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550109

If you scroll down a handful of posts, you'll see my addition, laid out semi-competently with some extras. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

What a bizarre week.

First I choose Krul over Mignolet with my benched keeper saving a pen and my chosen one failing to do so. Amongst the rest of my squad, I had two players receive minus points, three not play at all (Silva, Richards and Bale) and had two red cards and a missed penalty.

And I still come out with close to 70 points! Thank you Dempsey (c), RVP and sub McAuley. I'll take that!

I'm trying to sort my head out for some kind of strategy for the rest of the season now and to be honest, there's a lot to think about..

The main thing is, despite the current bandwagons, you have to ask yourself, which team has most to play for in the remaining matches?
    Do I pick someone from a mid-table team that might be safe from relegation and not entirely up for it or do I risk someone from a team at the bottom that may well be putting in a huge effort over the next while.

I'm not talking about the likes of Wolves seeing as they're a headless chicken right now but maybe a more stable team like Villa, QPR or Blackburn (yeah, I know...).

Looking at Blackburns matches in the next while, they could shine (as pointed out by Carlcon in another thread). Villa could be a better option seeing as they have, on paper, more talent at their disposal.

I remember at the end of last season, it was worth investing in the teams hovering around the relegation line. Something to factor in this year maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I wonder is Young of Utd starting to hit form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Who are good candidates to replace Sess with now that he is out for 3 games?
    I also have Dyer! !

I also have Dyer! !

A lot of people are going for McClean from the same Sunderland squad. I'm thinking of going for Pederson or N'Zonzi from Blackburn seeing as I'm not replacing any of my strikers for the rest of the season which is blocking Yakubu from coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I also have Dyer! !

I downgraded Cisse to Holt and got in Walcott, who though being a terrible player, does seem to deliver in FF terms (except for the one or two times I've gotten him in ;)) hope it works out this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Dempsey cost me BIG yesterday. Rivals in my league had Aguero as captain, I went with him too but had RvP as VC. Watched the game and the head dropped as he banged in those goals. Even with one of them having Sess and Ba I still lost ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

A bit gutted this week, even though I had Dempsey as captain. My rival in my cash league, who was 80 ahead of me before this weekend, had Aguero as captain, but his VC was Van Persie the jammy bastard!

The hardest thing to take though was the fact that two of my subs were used, bringing 2 points into play for me, and my third sub was McAuley with 15 bloody points! I would have cut his lead by 25% had he come on. Catching him is worth €150 to me too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Fizman wrote: »
    A bit gutted this week, even though I had Dempsey as captain. My rival in my cash league, who was 80 ahead of me before this weekend, had Aguero as captain, but his VC was Van Persie the jammy bastard!

The hardest thing to take though was the fact that two of my subs were used, bringing 2 points into play for me, and my third sub was McAuley with 15 bloody points! I would have cut his lead by 25% had he come on. Catching him is worth €150 to me too. :(
    McAuley was my third sub as well, but with Silva, Richards and Bale not playing, he came in. You must be gutted! But what can you do? You made the right call... Four times out of five, McAuley would score two points at home to Chelsea. It was a fluke... With a bit of luck, you'll catch a fluke in your favour to narrow the gap in the next week or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Bad things this week - Aguero(C), Silva, Bale, Richards not playing, Ba peno miss(VC), Sess red

Good things - Subbing in Pogrebnyak and he gets hattrick, Caulker assist/clean sheet, not having enough players so Aguero remained my captain instead of it switching to Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

your captaincy would have switched to Ba regardless how many players played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

podge018 wrote: »
    your captaincy would have switched to Ba regardless how many players played.

Ah just had another look at it and noticed it. Ah well another for the bad list I suppose!

McAuley was my third sub as well, but with Silva, Richards and Bale not playing, he came in. You must be gutted! But what can you do? You made the right call... Four times out of five, McAuley would score two points at home to Chelsea. It was a fluke... With a bit of luck, you'll catch a fluke in your favour to narrow the gap in the next week or two!

Here's hoping. I need to start making some pretty bold moves now to catch him. We have a few too many of the same players for my liking so last night I made the very bold (I'm being kind when I say bold) decision of taking Aguero out and getting Suarez in. I know how incredibly frustrating Suarez is (both from a FF point of view and a Pool supporters pov) but with the double game week and what not I said feck it. Also have 3.0 in the bank for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Wildcard week!

Aguero, Ba, Bale, Valencia, Sessegnon, Assou-Ekotto, Krul...... OUT!

Suarez, Rooney, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Enrique, Mignolet..... IN

Gamble, gamble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

roryc wrote: »
    Wildcard week!

Aguero, Ba, Bale, Valencia, Sessegnon, Assou-Ekotto, Krul...... OUT!

Suarez, Rooney, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Enrique, Mignolet..... IN

Gamble, gamble...
    I just took an 8 point hit to get rid of Ba, Aguero and Silva and brought in Rooney, Suarez and Yaya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I just took an 8 point hit to get rid of Ba, Aguero and Silva and brought in Rooney, Suarez and Yaya.

Yaya crazy man

72 hours since the last post in this thread, easy knowing that many are doing too well. :p

Komapny being out for about 2 weeks will affect many (myself included). Great news considering I ran the risk of getting Suarez in early this GW and also having two suspended for a few weeks (Sess + Dyer).

• Advertisement

Well would you look at that, there's a Fantasy Sports Area now! :D News to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Fizman wrote: »
    Well would you look at that, there's a Fantasy Sports Area now! :D News to me!

where is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

why has it gone so quite in here ? usually there are a lot more treads with peeps talking about there teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I presume the majority are going with a Liverpool player as captain this GW?

I have the choice of 3 of them, suarez, enrique and henderson.

I went with the obvious choice of suarez but very nearly went with enrique with memories of spurs dgw when ade did sfa and BAE cleaned up points wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Suarez capt for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

redzerdrog wrote: »

I went with the obvious choice of suarez but very nearly went with enrique with memories of spurs dgw when ade did sfa and BAE cleaned up points wise.

So far, of 88 boards members;
    RVP = 42%
    Suarez = 26%
    Rooney = 23%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've gone for VP. Think he's due a big week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I went with Adams.

He's been part of 50% of their goals this season (goals/assists)

I needed the differential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

No one for Liverpool is getting big points, I don't think most are risking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PopTarts wrote: »
    I went with Adams.

He's been part of 50% of their goals this season (goals/assists)

I needed the differential

Tony Adams is retired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

JPA wrote: »

No one for Liverpool is getting big points, I don't think most are risking it.
    The 8 points from playing 2 games as captain is a massive difference to my captain last week coz neither played :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've gone for Rooney as captain, he's picked it up the last few weeks, albeit on a non-domestic stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Frisbee wrote: »
    I've gone for Rooney as captain, he's picked it up the last few weeks, albeit on a non-domestic stage.

I've stuck with RVP.. Newcastle have been leaking goals recently and Arsenal are flying. I did transfer in Rooney though.. he looks set for a strong finish to the season.

Lots of ground could be made/lost this week. I've seen Enrique, Rooney and Suarez with the armband for teams that I'm competing against in private leagues.

Need a Suarez goal with a Skrtel assist.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A fairly dull day for the FPL enthusiast!

• Advertisement

As a Toffee, I'm pretty pleased with today. More giant killing from Moyes and I'm hoping for good things for the rest of the season. On the FF side of things, I didn't get any pool or Toffee players in because I had a plan I was trying to stick to before I knew about the double gameweek and to be honest, I wasn't going to get a pool player in on principal. ;D

Have 20 points from 5 players (Mignolet, Senderos, Warnock, N'Zonzi and Dempsey) with Captain Van Pirsie, Rooney, Evans, Aguero, Silva and Surman to play. I'm hoping Aguero will be a differential seeing as everyone and their granny dropped him lately...we'll just have to see but I have a gut feeling it might be worth keeping him.

Fock sake. Need a miracle by the looks of things. Nine played so far, and the bench has more points on it. And none of them eligable to come on.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

58 points with just the Ox to play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Not a bad week, 64 so far with RvP, Cisse and Jenrique to play. 18 points from my Swansea defence, Vorm and Caulker repaying my crazy risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Am I mad to consider dropping Silva at this point? Really want to get Ashley Young back in asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Devia wrote: »
    Am I mad to consider dropping Silva at this point? Really want to get Ashley Young back in asap.
    good idea if you ask me, silva has been off the boil for weeks now.

Need Liverpool to massacre Everton tonight. GW has been absolutly dire.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Need Liverpool to massacre Everton tonight. GW has been absolutly dire.

Agreed. Im on 48 which isn't too bad but a Liverpool clean sheet and Suarez doign SOMETHING will make it a decent week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm wishing for a Jose Enrique hattrick and clean sheet.

In reality, I reckon it will be a score draw 1-1 or 2-2. Anyone take a punt on Jelavic for the DGW?

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    Need a Suarez goal with a Skrtel assist.

Suarez has repaid the faith...

Advertisement