Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I would imagine you would have no problem getting a ticket, I would buy one from the website.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets/home
    hibs.jpg

http://www.stadiumguide.com/easterroad/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/stadiumdirections

Omackeral wrote: »
    Any other advice for a 1st timer heading along? Cheers.

Yep. Take a train out to Cowdenbeath that day.

Just saying. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Omackeral wrote: »
    Heading to Edinburgh on a lads trip in April. Hibs are playing Alloa at Easter Road and I'd love to go. Any tips or suggestions on heading along. Can you pay at the gate? Is it near town? Any other advice for a 1st timer heading along? Cheers.

It certainly won't be any challenge getting a ticket at the gate. The atmosphere is fairly grim for these games but at least the fans are believing in the team and management again, and we are playing some decent football. East is the better stand to aim for.

The stadium is about a half-hours walk north-east from the city centre. I would say the better pubs around the stadium (and indeed in the city!) are on the Leith side rather than the town side. For a pint close to the ground I personally would recommend Robbie's on Leith Walk and Tamson's on Easter Road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya good advice there.

If His win on Sunday will be good buzz for the upcoming games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    It certainly won't be any challenge getting a ticket at the gate. The atmosphere is fairly grim for these games but at least the fans are believing in the team and management again, and we are playing some decent football. East is the better stand to aim for.

The stadium is about a half-hours walk north-east from the city centre. I would say the better pubs around the stadium (and indeed in the city!) are on the Leith side rather than the town side. For a pint close to the ground I personally would recommend Robbie's on Leith Walk and Tamson's on Easter Road :)

Thanks for that CH, really appreciate it. I'm a Bohs season ticket holder so the standard won't bother me too much. :pac:

• Advertisement

Missed the game due to work. But fantastic result even if expected.

I saw highlights and there seems to be a determination and passion in the team that has been missing for a while.

Falkirk in semi is a nice draw, but we will be favourites and that will make it more tricky.

Least Hibs are there.

Big game in the race for 2nd tonight.

After the feel good factor of getting to Cup semi is back I be confident we should win.

These are the games we have to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Given recent results seond place is looking more and more likely which considering your poor start to the season would be a very decent effort. Even if the teams below you win their games in hand your now clear in second place for the first time this season.

Hibs bottling it again?

More then likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Good win over the dark side today. Have to get all the points from our remaining games, and hope that Rangers drop some also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Blackjack wrote: »
    Good win over the dark side today. Have to get all the points from our remaining games, and hope that Rangers drop some also.

Falkirk in Ibrox
    Hearts in Tynecastle

They're our best bet for Rangers to drop points. Can't see Hearts doing us any favours though :(

Next weeks semi-final is the focus now:)

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Falkirk in Ibrox
    Hearts in Tynecastle

They're us best bet for Rangers to drop points. Can't see Hearts doing us any favours though :(

Next weeks semi-final is the focus now:)

Falkirk struggling with strikers fitness wise. Have to think Hibernian are favourites for this one.

eire4 wrote: »
    Falkirk struggling with strikers fitness wise. Have to think Hibernian are favourites for this one.

Who knows what will happen this time around. They were beating us 3-0 at half time in Hampden last time in the cup. Went on to beat them 4-3. One of the greatest comebacks I ever witnessed in football. Let's hope they've forgotten it :pac:

Hibs could be playing the Falkirk under 11 women's team and I would not be overly confident.

Only make us slight favourites

Who knows what will happen this time around. They were beating us 3-0 at half time in Hampden last time in the cup. Went on to beat them 4-3. One of the greatest comebacks I ever witnessed in football. Let's hope they've forgotten it :pac:

Yes your right I had forgotten about that game myself but I highly doubt any Hibernian or Falkirk have. Lets hope this weekends clash is just as much a classic.

Glasgow will be proper Green tomorrow.

What a let down. Hit the post and crossbar. The goal killed us

Jesus was a Hibs fan.

Loves suffering and pain.

Jesus was a Hibs fan.

Loves suffering and pain.

Tough one for sure. You certainly had plenty of chances to win it. Hopefully this doesn't have a negative effect on the team heading into the promotion playoffs.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    Tough one for sure. You certainly had plenty of chances to win it. Hopefully this doesn't have a negative effect on the team heading into the promotion playoffs.

Sadly it will.

I have not seen Hibs side play so well since 2007.

But goals when matches. The cup will as always be the dark side of the club.

I will most likely never see them win it in my lifetime. Just way it is.

So. Did Celtic do us a favour buying Scott Allan?

So. Did Celtic do us a favour buying Scott Allan?

Well given you got McGeouch on a permanent deal for nothing transfer wise and got Liam Henderson whom I rate highly on a season long loan deal I think you did fairly well out of the situation. Plus of course Scott Allen cannot come back to hurt you league wise at least unless you got promoted and I am sure you would be quite happy if you had to face Scott Allen on league duty next season.

Let's hope we least give Gers a game this weekend

Can't be any worse then the game a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Think we'll win it ;) but I doubt it'll be by the same scoreline, still think Hibs just had a collective offday then.

We love our off days, especially in big games, the bigger the more likely we have off day

Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen FT.

This is not a joke, I repeat this is not a joke

• Advertisement

Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen FT.

This is not a joke, I repeat this is not a joke

haha I hear you. No way did I see that result coming at all. All credit though to your lads. Hopefully this will be the spur now to go on a great run in the league.

Advertisement