Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Absolutely BBE, why would I not? Anything I say in any forum I stand over. I can't understand how someone can go on about a FB page with some real nasty stuff written on it, yet have posted nasty stuff themselves elsewhere.

I don't get the whole trying to be something you're not bit on the internet. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have 20 different personas on 20 different sites. :confused:

Agreed any forum you find me on and its not that many you will find me using the same name Or BBE on a couple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If the best anyone can come up with is ''better than Samaras'' then that really does sum it up, both are terrible excuses for pro footballers and it is a sad day for the SPL when both are on the starting 11 in an old firm game.
    Why? Lafferty does a very good job for The Rangers and is proving that at the moment. Samaras on the other hand isn't. He is obviously good enough to play for us and our "lower" standards are doing well and perhaps Celtics aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

As much as I hate to admit it Lafferty looks world class compared to Samaras. That is not really a compliment to Lafferty it is just illustrates how terrible I think Samaras is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Is it? Why was he banging on about grammar then?

Pathetic is people who give it the "I despair" line on here, and post stuff just as bad elsewhere.

he mentioned the grammar as an additional point. Oh forget it, it seems some people just want to be offended.

henke wrote: »
    As much as I hate to admit it Lafferty looks world class compared to Samaras. That is not really a compliment to Lafferty it is just illustrates how terrible I think Samaras is.
    What has happened to Commons? Was brilliant I thought last season for periods. Near the end he was good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

he mentioned the grammar as an additional point. Oh forget it, it seems some people just want to be offended.

Nope, wrong again.

Ah yes.... the old classic "oh some people just want to be offended" retort when someone is picked up on writing offensive comments. Maybe you're another one with a dual personality when it comes to the internet. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Why? Lafferty does a very good job for The Rangers and is proving that at the moment. Samaras on the other hand isn't. He is obviously good enough to play for us and our "lower" standards are doing well and perhaps Celtics aren't.

Thats my whole point Keith, Rangers are not doing well as you say, they are doing considerably better than Celtic, that should not be the sum ambition of either club, look at the bigger picture, football is bigger than the SPL and being top dog in a sh*te league that gets weaker by every passing week should not be considered success IMO, I am supporting Celtic for 20 years or so and the current squad is quitre frankly an embarassment, rivaled only by John Barnes's reign of terror.

Thats my whole point Keith, Rangers are not doing well as you say, they are doing considerably better than Celtic, that should not be the sum ambition of either club, look at the bigger picture, football is bigger than the SPL and being top dog in a sh*te league that gets weaker by every passing week should not be considered success IMO, I am supporting Celtic for 20 years or so and the current squad is quitre frankly an embarassment, rivaled only by John Barnes's reign of terror.
    Not a great argument. Of course it is success. Give Rangers or celtic the money the likes of Premier League clubs get and they would attract better players and do better in Europe.

They can't help the league they play in, they can only do their best.

The main aim every season of either club is to win the SPL.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That's it in a nutshell unfortunately, if Rangers are dominating Celtic they will not spend more money that they have to, and vice versa. Why should they? They don't have the money for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Not a great argument. Of course it is success. Give Rangers or celtic the money the likes of Premier League clubs get and they would attract better players and do better in Europe.

So you are quite happy that Celtic and Rangers are becoming the laughing stock of European football as long as Rangers are ahead of Celtic domestically?? Might explain the demise of scotish football!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

So you are quite happy that Celtic and Rangers are becoming the laughing stock of European football as long as Rangers are ahead of Celtic domestically?? Might explain the demise of scotish football!

I agree but what can you do when the money isn't there only try and win the league.

I don't think anyone one is happy with the situation but it's a reality at this time by winning the league it gives either team a slightly better chance of qualifying for the CL which is a joke of a name for the competition anyway. We can't compete money wise with the falsely inflated EPL for Players so have to do the best we can you stated earlier you had been following Celtic for twenty years well I have been going to Ibrox for fifty two and seen this demise coming a long long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭RoryMac

They might be a "laughing stock" to the Spanish and English leagues but every other league in Europe is suffering because all of the money is going to the top 2 leagues. Look at some of the other teams knocked out of Europe in the qualifing rounds and there are big teams that are having exactly the same problems as the Scottish clubs.

What else can Celtic & Rangers? They just can't compete on wages or transfer fees with the top sides so they get lesser players, the years of signings like Klos, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Lambert, Sutton, Hartson etc are long gone.

The future for Scottish teams now lies in finding a way to produce players of a good standard and it's no coincidence that both Rangers & Celtic now have some of the best training facilities in Britain, it will take a few years to see the benefits but for me that's the only way they can begin to bridge the gap.

Its Rangers V Celtic. It is always going to be massive.

Today is the anniversary of arguably the greatest Rangers manager ever on this day in 1956 the great Bill Struth died I would ask all the Rangers fans especially to take a minute and think of the positive things he done for our club.
    R.I.P. Bill Struth

positive thongs

You gotta fix that BBE... :D

positive thongs

You gotta fix that BBE... :D
    Cheers mate done it from my phone and I am all fingers and thumbs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mr. Struth sure was a character, sending players home when they didn't show up for training dressed in suits etc.

A true Rangers legend.

Falkirk v Rangers in the Scottish Communities League Cup third round. Be interesting to see what sort of team Ally will put out tonight will he do the normal and play Alexander in goal or will he go with McGregor to make sure is confidence is built up again, what about the back four I think he may go with the same four who played against Celtic at the weekend it gives our two central defenders more game time together so they can build on the understanding they already have and Papac because he needs the game time to build his fitness up so the only position there may be a change is at right back bringing in Broadfoot in place of Whittaker and I don't think that will happen.
    In midfield we are almost certainly going to see McCulloch :mad: I hope if McKay gets a game if fit and Edu plays in the hope his confidence keeps growing it will be interesting to see who else slots in there, up front Jelavic and Lafferty both are reported to have slight knocks but I think Healy may start anyway so it may be just a case of who starts with him.

Now that I have said all that it will probably be all wrong lol

Anyway whatever the team I am going for 0-3 to the gers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Nope, wrong again.

Ah yes.... the old classic "oh some people just want to be offended" retort when someone is picked up on writing offensive comments. Maybe you're another one with a dual personality when it comes to the internet. :rolleyes:

Well, thats me well and truly told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Mr. Struth sure was a character, sending players home when they didn't show up for training dressed in suits etc.

A true Rangers legend.

He caused quiet a splash for you's alright

tommyhaas wrote: »

If your alluding to what I think you are its rather pathetic what age are you 10

tommyhaas wrote: »

No need for that.
    But then again, 'it's all the craic innit' ?

Absolutely pathetic at the moment 1-0 to Falkirk :(

It's sheer madness that McCulloch is still somewhere close to the team.

Total disgrace ah well :(

So far for the credit he built up last weekend, ffs McCoist!
    After such a game on sunday, his need to keep playing McCulloch will soon turn into a sackable offence.

edit: 2-1 Goian.

McCulloch and Healy should be no where a near a Rangers shirt ever again

2-2, JELAVIC!

• Advertisement

That Tom Miller on Rangers TV is absolutely brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement