Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sensitive skin when shaving.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Clinique for men is the best I have tried! Going to cost a bit more than the usual things, but its so worth it! Have great feel to my face and neck after it, even the OH approves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

andrewg82 wrote: »
    king of shaves gel is your only one

Tried it on your recomendation.EXCELLENT

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Lads looking for advice

Been getting sever burns after shaving which last for a couple of days,they then dry and start to flake.The burns are in the exact same place every time and are around the goatie area.
    I've tried electric razors and double edged blade but no change.My routine is usually shower,apply shaving gel,shave,apply silcoks base,wash and apply moisturiser.

Any tips or advice much appreciated

Sounds like something you could show your doctor.You might be better off in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

never mind your King of Shaves and other gloop in a can stuff. You need to go back to traditional basics and try DE (double edge shaving) using good quality shave soaps and creams.
    You will find lots of help over in the "Facial Hair and Hats" forum here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I haven't read the whole thread...

I used to suffer while shaving with sensitive skin for years. In the end, the only way I got around it was giving up all the lotions, creams oils etc etc. Nothing except soap. It was an accidental discovery born out of laziness!!

When you have sensitive skin, the natural instinct is to try to fix it. Over a period of years I noticed that while trying all the different things on the market that they would work to varying extents but the more effective the lotion, the more I needed to keep on using it. After running out of the latest thing and not knowing what I wanted to try next, I just used soap and water and after a week or two of being raw after shaving, it all settled down. I realised that a little discomfort was far superior to a regime of chemicals that ultimately left me more susceptible to sensitive skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MrDetective

Just had the BEST shave of my life thanks to reading this thread and buying the King of Shaves range.

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST if God could shave a person, I imagine that's what it would feel like.

I've got sensitive skin, always got razor burn etc. I even tried using oil once but that was a disaster. And I've never had any luck the Mach 3 or any of that sh*t.

So I said f*ck it, might as well give it a go since people here recommend it, and I bought the KOS scrub, oil, azor 5 blade and face balm. And it was INCREDIBLE!

*And it all smells great too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Could we get a one post general advice? I suffer from irritation after using an electric razor. I'm getting a little bit lost in the advice here.

What I would really appreciate advice on is the following:

What razor to use?
    Should I use a pre-shave? If so, what pre-shave?
    What cream should I use?
    Should I use a post-shave? If so, what post shave?

Avoid anything in a can,buy a brush and cream or soap.Pre and post creams I would say yes if you have sensitive skin.Best to use a five blade razor such as gillet or the cheaper wilkinson hydro which last longer.

• Advertisement

Is there a shop around Dublin where I could pick some products up? I know I could use shaving.ie but I'd like to get going this weekend.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Is there a shop around Dublin where I could pick some products up? I know I could use shaving.ie but I'd like to get going this weekend.

From Wexford dude,no idea.

kneemos wrote: »
    From Wexford dude,no idea.

Grand I think I've come across somewhere on Westmoreland Street in Dublin.

Just after wet shaving there with Pamolive for lather.

I'm beginning to get a lot of after burn from it. We'll see how it goes.

Advertisement