Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

25 - The age where hangovers get worse.

• 20-08-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

They get worse every year after 24 or 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭locked_out

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Im 25.The hangovers are worse now.The 'tiredness' lasts two days instead of one now.I used to be able to party all night,sleep,get up then do it all over again.Not anymore unless i really push myself.

Maybe im drinking more than i used to i tell myself to make me feel better,but i now better than that.

I know people are different but i think 25 is the general age going by my friends an myself?

Anyone experience this?

Any data to back this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Pfft... lightweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Don't think they get any worse but I do think youbegin to ask yourself why would you bother killing yourself and end up writing off the next day as a result (and quite often the majority of the following week)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Im only 21 and there is a marked difference btween now and at 17, I could easily, and often did, drink 7 nights a week during the summer. Now however one decent session and im wrecked for the entire next day as opposed to virtually nowt at all, and my stomach takes at least 2 days before it operates on a regular level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Lads & ladies i know this is after hours but for your info Over the years -- slowly and insidiously -- alcohol begins to take more and more control in a subtle and stealthy manner until it finally comes to dominate all aspects of the drinker's life. The drinker may still view his drinking as a harmless relief from stress or a casual recreational activity, but gradually it can begin to affect his decisions, job, relationships, and quality of life.
    Because the change is so gradual over a long period of time, few drinkers notice the point at which their drinking metamorphoses from occasional abuse into full-fledged dependence by which time your life is fcuked, cheers and have a great night :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

realies wrote: »
    Lads & ladies i know this is after hours but for your info Over the years -- slowly and insidiously -- alcohol begins to take more and more control in a subtle and stealthy manner until it finally comes to dominate all aspects of the drinker's life. The drinker may still view his drinking as a harmless relief from stress or a casual recreational activity, but gradually it can begin to affect his decisions, job, relationships, and quality of life.
    Because the change is so gradual over a long period of time, few drinkers notice the point at which their drinking metamorphoses from occasional abuse into full-fledged dependence by which time your life is fcuked, cheers and have a great night :-)

I'll drink to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Ths cycle has already played out in my life.It took 8 years and now i have transformed like a butterfly,gracefully from a young innocent teenager to a mid 20's fully fledged drinker and wife beater.

All it took was 40000 euro and abit of dedication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

What's with all these threads about alcohol recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Don't think they get any worse but I do think youbegin to ask yourself why would you bother killing yourself and end up writing off the next day as a result (and quite often the majority of the following week)

I never had any problems with hangovers til i hit 35, now they are just mind blowing, i seem to be suffering exactly the way slasher decribed it. If i want to go on the piss i have to write off the next day, so before i put a drink to my lips i have to ask myself is it worth it, 9 times out of 10, it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

That's because all your other drinking sessions have begun impacting your health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I say we ban drink and legalise weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I have to plan for my hangovers these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wait til you hit 30. then you will know what a hangover is

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm 30, never had a hangover...I'm fcuked if/when I eventually do though:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You're not doing it right.

Did you remember to finish the night on top shelf and grap a bottle of wine from the chinese after the club?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

You people are looking into the eyes of the hangover and you're flinching. You're taking a step back.
    This is a death battle.
    This is a battle of wills.
    You look into the eyes of the Hangover. And you take a goddamn step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

After years and years of practice I can now almost drink as much as I like in one session, practically never get sick from drinking unlike in my younger years.
    The result of this champion drinking ability is earth shattering hangovers.
    I decided that rather than waste all these piss ups getting wasted I'd dedicate my drinking time to science, and after several years of research I have, I believe, dispelled the theory that hangovers get worse wih age.

Several mitigating factors contribute to hangover severity,
    -smoking: if you've just given up smoking, you need something to do with your hands, which generally is drink more, resulting in a more severe hangover.
    Conversely, when you have been off the fags for a while in a ratarsed state conclude going back on the smokes is a sound idea, you will find that the the next day the resulting mouth like you've been sucking on one of Ghandi's flip flops has an exacerbating effect on the hangover..

Bed time: this one is a bit simpler... stay up too late, you will feel more sh1tty next day, however arrive home full of beer, go straight to bed, be prepared to suffer the next morning,
    paradoxically, stay up for a period of time after finishing the imbibing and the hangover can besignificantly reduced...

But the single biggest contributer to the severity (assuming no "bad pints£ are drank) is the amount consumed.. drink enough of anything alcholic and be prepared to methaporically "die" the next day.. So as I get older and am physically able to consume more beer, my hangovers have been gettingworse..

In a nutshell I believe drink more = worse hangover

ok not rocket surgery or brain science...
    now, I'm off out to get sh1t faced

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Which step are you on?
    Doesn't sound like 12 yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

5starpool wrote: »
    You're not doing it right.
    No, your doing it wrong.

This sums up the day after the night before

Edit : More day after a three day session really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I have to plan for my hangovers these days.
    Same as that. Nothing will get done the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

apparently milk thistle tablets are they way to go. Just picked up a packet today to try it out. Several people told me it really helps with hangovers

When i drank in pubs i could consume at least 11/12 pints of guinness and easily a half bottle of vodka a night/day,I could do that fri night,saturday and most of the day on sunday,I then would get the mother of all hangovers on monday and promise anyone who would listen that that was it, finished now never again, until about wednesday when i started to feel great again and by friday back to the sameo sameo, Rough circle and glad i am out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I find you get more sensible with age. Drink more water, pace yourself better. Still have crazy nights out but my not trying to be a cheap ass and skulling cans back at your house before going. Followed by what ever else. Nights are still expensive, but you learn to eat food before, mid way through and drink loads of water. Little or no hangover.
    Right as rain the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I say your jacks took some abuse after that amount of Guinness!

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I say your jacks took some abuse after that amount of Guinness!

;) Everything took abuse after that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I'm 26 and I refuse to face any facts of aging until I'm at least 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I definitely got worse hangovers when I was younger than I do now sickness wise. I shuck them off easier then though and could easily go out two nights in a row, now the tiredness gets to me.

Advertisement