Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(LOI): League Of Ireland fixtures (WEEK 4): 23-25 March 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fair play to Rovers, no excuses on our part. We really need a better sub keeper.

Would like to think that was a one-off freak result, in between the ridiculous individual errors we played decent enough I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Friday week mate. We've Bohs next Friday and youse on Good Friday.

We have Shels away next week, its not all about you Stovie :p

Bohs 1st :( Gonna miss most of it, on the brightside my lad signing for Pats under 13s who are fairly decent.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We have Shels away next week, its not all about you Stovie :p

Bohs 1st :( Gonna miss most of it, on the brightside my lad signing for Pats under 13s who are fairly decent.
    What league do Pats schoolboys play in? Have seen no sign of them in schoolboys upto this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

CSF wrote: »
    Fair play to Rovers, no excuses on our part. We really need a better sub keeper.

Would like to think that was a one-off freak result, in between the ridiculous individual errors we played decent enough I thought.
    Agreed. Shels' defence was a complete farce. Stunning.
    Don't think it was a great idea to take Conan Byrne off either - the game was over anyway but he was actually having a decent enough match.

What league do Pats schoolboys play in? Have seen no sign of them in schoolboys upto this point.

Should be in 13 A next season, there was some "issues" when Mahon was here. Seem to be resolved and the club actually own the schoolboys now. if not my kid aint signing.

• Advertisement

Should be in 13 A next season, there was some "issues" when Mahon was here. Seem to be resolved and the club actually own the schoolboys now. if not my kid aint signing.
    DDSL?

DDSL?

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fair play Dreamers. You must be chuffed. My fear is that my sons will want to play Gah because my area is heavy into it. :(

stovelid wrote: »
    Fair play Dreamers. You must be chuffed. My fear is that my sons will want to play Gah because my area is heavy into it. :(

My lad has heard about Gah, the fcuk he playing it :p ..... played for SDFL league team but needed to move from the "worst team in Dublin" to a premier side but wanted to stay with his mates.

Nothing better than answering the door to "certain" DDSL clubs looking to sign your kid (midseason) with an offer of free boots and trip to Man Citys stadium.....with a Pats jersey on. One of them even had a picture of Robbie Keane ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No complaints about tonight. Sending off ruined the game but everyone I talked to said it was a red and a peno so can't complain. Was still in the queue buying tickets at that stage. I thought at 1-0 we were the better team but then individual errors cost us from there. No surprise who the errors came from though. Gareth Matthews, Ian Ryan and Paul Skinner are all first division standard players and it showed tonight. I'd actually blame Matthews more than Hurley for the own goal. I think we are good enough to challenge for the Europa League spots on the back of our first four games. If I'd been offered 7 points from playing 4 games which included the top 3 from last year, I'd have bitten your hand off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Nothing better than answering the door to "certain" DDSL clubs looking to sign your kid (midseason) with an offer of free boots and trip to Man Citys stadium.....with a Pats jersey on. One of them even had a picture of Robbie Keane ;)

Back when I played underage ball the likes of Lourdes/Belvo and such used to go around to the poorer lower level league teams and offer the best players a dishwasher/dryer/washing machine if they came to play in the premier/major.

Hilarious this stuff still goes on.

Ebbs wrote: »

Hilarious this stuff still goes on.

**** im old it was windows in my day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

As bad a mafia as the gah, some of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent crowd, longest queues I've seen before a game, easily 200-300 when I was going in at 7.55. A lot of 'covert' Shels fans around me too.

Excellent game...:pac:

So it's only Bohs left to score their first goal..

dfx- wrote: »
    So it's only Bohs left to score their first goal..

Cnut you just had to say it :(

:)

As long as it's not next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

At 4-0?? I'd struggle myself to look for any!! You're back in the big time now. I notice Fatty Hughes didn't score tonight!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ebbs wrote: »
    Great banner from Shels, put ours to shame. Bar that good crowd from yous understandably quiet though. What was the big Gardai rush for? Breaking chairs or?

Banner nearly didn't go to plan, got a bit "tangled" trying to bring it up! The rush was because of a minor dispute within the stand between two lads nothing more.
    dfx- wrote: »
    Excellent crowd, longest queues I've seen before a game, easily 200-300 when I was going in at 7.55.

Always great to see matches delayed by 10 minutes tbh in LoI.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I notice Fatty Hughes didn't score tonight!!!

Wait till Friday! ;)

Anything good for Shels did come through Hughes though.

The pattern of the game was Rovers passing the ball around, Shels get it up to Hughes, he falls over, Shels win a freekick, the freekick is looped up where Jansson claims or punches and repeat. Oman could've been sent off in the first half for three or four 'fouls' on him and maybe why he was taken off at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Cherry Orchard by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wexford Youths picked up a win away to Finn Harps tonight. Amazing turn around from last season, Shane Keegan could go far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Wexford Youths picked up a win away to Finn Harps tonight. Amazing turn around from last season, Shane Keegan could go far.
    Speaking of players that could go far Lee Lynch played well again last night. The lad is the absolute balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Longford win AGAIN! Top of the league! :D

3-2 agin Waterford. Two crackers from Waterford which were allowed bu our lax defending and not closing the ball down. Don't give a fuck though, we scored three!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Something's going very right up there for sure, Drogs will be safe enough this year. Shane Keegan's actually our manager though, very different approach to football from Wallace for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Something's going very right up there for sure, Drogs will be safe enough this year. Shane Keegan's actually our manager though, very different approach to football from Wallace for sure!
    Ah sorry about that. Haven't followed the comings and goings in the first for a while.

Lynch plays for Sligo Rovers now btw..

Team v Bohs; Clarke, O'Brien Bermingham Kenna Browne, Chambers Russell Bolger, Meenan O'Connor O'Flynn

Subs; Murphy Flynn Carroll Forrester J Kelly Daly Fagan

Right off to kids match, phone off as far i will know when i watch it later it will be live :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Never a good sign when you can makeout the letter on the seating.

ah, where are the Bohs supporters?

How the mighty have fallen.

Bohs look very limited.

George Hamilton is very underwhelmed by it all.

His cardiologist will be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

How Id love to have O'Brien back playing in green and white hoops.

Not an overly bad crowd for a sunny Sunday, with one side being arguably being one of the main candidates for relegation. Im not sure if Pats didnt sell their tiny allocation or if they opened up more of the stand. They look like they're closer to the Bohs fans than we were allowed.

Advertisement