Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Draw
    Because he's a hugely proven player over his whole career - did a lot of good work in Italy.
    Not only is he decent defensively, he'd offer much more to the attack than Barry would, with his passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

gerryo777 wrote: »

Oh noes. We're ****ed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Draw
    With all the media hype about this game I can see it being a bit of a let down. Huge game in terms of the title and I can see it being a nervy game to start off with, I hope I'm totally wrong though and it will be another 7 goal thriller but I doubt it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A penalty in the 94th minute to win it courtesy of an outrageous Ashley Young dive, please :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man United
    Draw 2-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

kryogen wrote: »
    Draw 2-2

Deal.

Man United
    I just don't think the team will lose this one, I can see it playing out like one of our big away European games (this season excluded obviously) probably going to bore the life out of me but I would absolutely love a draw right now. I think we will have chances to win the game so hopefully we can do that, but a draw is all thats needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

****ting myself at the thought of this game. City favourites. Hope for a big performance from us. Cmon United!

Man United
    Im the opposite, I actually cannot wait for this game!

This is what competing for titles is all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Couldnt agree with you more. Win lose or draw I wont be going the school the following morning. Fearless I know :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This pub is showing the match!!

view.php?actionID=113&index=12985&mailbox=INBOX&id=1.2

Man United
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

?

sorry got a tad carried away there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Man United
    Leiva wrote: »
    I just really really hope the game is not ruined by a early red card as it has the potential to be an absolute cracker.

I hope Rooney and Welbeck don't ruin the game for the neutrals again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United

I much rather be in this situation then many others and I cannot wait for it.

Man United
    sorry got a tad carried away there

I was questioning the other post not you, dont understand his post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,470 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2-1 to United,a late winner after Tevez equalises in the 88th minute-just to see his face turn from joy to despair.

I want no controversial goals to ruin this and have the usual baying mob claiming it was a fix or we didn't deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

zerks wrote: »
    2-1 to United,a late winner after Tevez equalises in the 88th minute-just to see his face turn from joy to despair.

I want no controversial goals to ruin this and have the usual baying mob claiming it was a fix or we didn't deserve it.

I couldn't give a ****. I'll take an Ashley Young dive in the 97th minute to win a penalty and Rooney to score with 5 United players encroaching, thus winning the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I couldn't give a ****. I'll take an Ashley Young dive in the 97th minute to win a penalty and Rooney to score with 5 United players encroaching, thus winning the match.

On second thoughts, feck it any kind of win will do.I'll put up with the ABU whingers afterwards and ask them to show me pictures of their team lifting the EPL trophy.:pac:

• Advertisement

Man United
    I hope United win from an offside goal that hasn't even crossed the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    Just can't see United winning this. But at the end of the day they don't have to really, a draw will seal them the title surely. It will be a brilliant result.

While I hope City win the title you cannot deny United are thoroughly deserving of it (despite being average on many occasions this season) if they can get something in this game.

Saying that if City win I think they'll win the title as they'll win their remaining two games imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Draw
    cgpg5 wrote: »
    Just can't see United winning this. But at the end of the day they don't have to really, a draw will seal them the title surely. It will be a brilliant result.

Barring the hiring of contract killers to remove the opposition, I don't think that you can argue that the team who wins the league doesn't deserve it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Draw
    City to win for me. They have the quality to beat Man U and should have the bit between their teeth now.

Can Man City fans tell us what they make of Mancini's downbeat comments and attitude in his dealings with the press. Is he trying to play some kind of mind games or what? His demeanour is kind of strange at times. I could be wrong but it looks to me like he'll pack it in at City whether they win the league or not, something else going on behind the scenes maybe. Anyway as a neutral, hope City win and keep the race going.

Draw
    Gbear wrote: »
    Barring the hiring of contract killers to remove the opposition, I don't think that you can argue that the team who wins the league doesn't deserve it.

(At the risk of aggravating Utd fans!) If City hypothetically went out and hammered United on Monday and somehow lost the title from there you'd have to feel the second best team won it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

6 -1 to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can Man City fans tell us what they make of Mancini's downbeat comments and attitude in his dealings with the press. Is he trying to play some kind of mind games or what? His demeanour is kind of strange at times. I could be wrong but it looks to me like he'll pack it in at City whether they win the league or not, something else going on behind the scenes maybe. Anyway as a neutral, hope City win and keep the race going.

Not a City fan but to me it looks like Mancini is trying not to get too far ahead of himself. Better for him to come back in a few weeks time and be told he was wrong than to build City up to be the ones to beat and have it come back to bite him in the ass.

I don't think he'll pack it in. They'd be stupid to sack him as well imo. They need a manager in there for at least a few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I cannot wait till Monday night - Really am looking forward to it.....

I'm going over to the Swansea game next Sunday, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a win on Monday and us seeing the trophy presented after thumping Swansea.

Is it??????

Draw
    City to win for me. They have the quality to beat Man U and should have the bit between their teeth now.

I somehow don't think he's being serious. Anyway the talking will be done on the pitch. As others said, I hope it's not ruined by a stupid penalty/sending-off/goal decision!

• Advertisement

Man United
    cgpg5 wrote: »
    (At the risk of aggravating Utd fans!) If City hypothetically went out and hammered United on Monday and somehow lost the title from there you'd have to feel the second best team won it.

Why? Just because Crystal Palace beat United in the FA cup didnt make them the better team, in any one game anything can happen.

The best team wins the league

Edit: ;)

Advertisement