Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NUIM's favourite music video/songs thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Ah the o2 ad song. The quality in that video is terrible though. No radio edit available yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Haha, I know! I've been looking all over for a better version but there's none that hasn't got the O2 voice over on it. :(

Placebo playing in December. Tickets on sale tomorrow. Defo gonna hit that. Wait for it, it's on the Olympia :eek: Think I just got a little excited there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYQgBy7sJt4

Ladyhawke- Dusk Till Dawn

She is teh lovely.

ladyhawke.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

A bitta happy happy trance music to compliment this beautiful sunny Sunday.

No vocals, just music.

Make sure you listen to them in HD!

...MatZo.jpg...

...1233159474_tranceformation.jpg...

...10686907.jpg...

• Advertisement

Anyone else here have a Last.FM account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Anyone else here have a Last.FM account?

Now there's something I haven't used in a while! :) I think my account is illbeBach.

My favourite piece of music at the moment:

Actually...has been my favourite for nigh on 2 years now!

Close second:

and third:

Arctic Mokey's, Bowie, Avishai Cohen, Rachmaninov, Medtner, Scriabin, Beethoven, Bach...meh there's alot on my current playlist, but Esbjorn Svensson takes up the majority of the space.

Two classic Ben Folds Five tracks here. They're not the greatest act in the world but they do have a magical quality about them. Great summer music.

Brick

Battle Of Who Could Care Less

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Two classic Ben Folds Five tracks here. They're not the greatest act in the world but they do have a magical quality about them. Great summer music.

Brick

I was just listening to this yesterday!

We can have a Ben Folds Five mini discussion at the beers :P

• Advertisement

Anyone ever use archive.org to download? It's got like 65,000 live concerts available for free download and other audio files and such. There's some stuff I want to take from it but I dunno if it's safe and what not, also, for extenuating circumstances it can't take ages to download. Any experiences of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jane says

Anyone ever use archive.org to download? It's got like 65,000 live concerts available for free download and other audio files and such. There's some stuff I want to take from it but I dunno if it's safe and what not, also, for extenuating circumstances it can't take ages to download. Any experiences of it?

100% safe in my experience.

Uploaded this tune already, but I've decided this is now the best version. Brilliantly catchy.

I like Ben Folds too, high five.

Cracking tune here:

This just seems to have grown on me.... Love it whenever it comes on in work.
    Not my type of music but I enjoy their stuff still.

Are they alright in the head? I mean look at the apparel they wear in the videos!

The video actually makes the song. It doesn't have the same effect without it. I love the get up. It's not my cup of tea either like but I do like the odd catchy pop electronica song!

The video actually makes the song. It doesn't have the same effect without it. I love the get up. It's not my cup of tea either like but I do like the odd catchy pop electronica song!

Dya think so? Video is creative, I like the cultural influence, but I prefer listenin to it on its own.

A lot of videos tend to let the actual song down, i.e. EVERY Armin Van Buuren video :p

Down's Ghost along the Mississippi would definitely be an exception though.

This song falls into the same category as We Are The People. If only the played stuff like this in the Roost you might all get to see me dance :cool:

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

For fans of The Wire! Just hearing the song gets me excited.

This song falls into the same category as We Are The People. If only the played stuff like this in the Roost you might all get to see me dance :cool:

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

Good lad, class chewn, love the remixs even more. Video is bizarre but entertaining none the less. As for the Roost's music, bie-jesus, please, enough of the hippity-hop and more dance music, even if its just commercial stuff, everyone seems to descend to the floor whenever the likes of Darude's Sandstorm comes on.

I suppose the Roost are afraid of too many scumbags coming if they play more dance music. On top of that, they're always at full capacity on thursdays anyway so I dont see any reason for them to change their winnin' formula of sh*ite songs.

Song o' the week for me.

This weather has certainly taken a turn for the worse.

• Advertisement

John Spillane, Christy Moore, Declan Sinnott, Donal Lunny.

Whatyalookingfor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

^ Probably my favourite tune by the Manics, yep.

"In The City there`s a thousand men in uniform.
    And I heard they now have the right to kill a man"

Reminds me of a much better song called In The City by Joe Walsh of Eagles fame ;)

Just heard this song there. It may not be trance but for hard house, its pretty awesome.

Check it out in HQ and put on your best headphones!

2nd best best film evarrrrr.

One of the greatest lyricless songs I've ever heard, and made me fall in love with BoC. Also, the video is made up of 1980s UK TV Adverts, so it makes for great viewing.

PrivateEye wrote: »

One of the greatest lyricless songs I've ever heard, and made me fall in love with BoC. Also, the video is made up of 1980s UK TV Adverts, so it makes for great viewing.

Are BoC from the 80s?

Boards of Canada only released their first album in the late 1990s, but they have a real late 70s/early 80s sound that I love.

from teh wiki:
    BoC's sound is a product of their use of analog equipment, mix of electronic and conventional instrumentation, use of distorted samples as well as live and recorded lyrics, and their layering and blending of these elements.[3][4] Their avoidance of a purely synthetic sound gives their music a warmer, emotive quality often meant to inspire nostalgia. This is helped by the use of samples sourced from 1970s television shows and other media prevalent in the era of the brothers' shared childhood, especially the nature-inspired documentaries produced by the National Film Board of Canada.

• Advertisement

Listening to these for the last 2 days

New album is reallllllllly good, it's no Begin to Hope but still... Gooooooood.

Advertisement