Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Dublin Street Photography

• 30-12-2011 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

I was wondering where is/might be the best spot in Dublin city centre-ish for candid street/people photography?

A broad question - I'm not sure how I'd feel if I was at the other end of the lens so...

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

depends on what you mean candid/street phptography really.

you could just stand at the top of grafton street and photograph random punters walking past...or you could goto henry street/moore street for the street traders...and their customers.

goto smithfield for the flower market - nice people around there :D ...wander up capel street and head to o'connell street and photograph some people outside the GPO.

also there is my personal favourite...wander down grafton street and photograph the beggers, have a look through side streets off Grafton street and try find the busy ATM's (for beggers)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Grafton street. Cliched yes, but has variety so a good place to start out while aquiring your candid taste. Always enjoy around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭bullpost

Camden Street area is interesting with lots of characters and colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

PCPhoto wrote: »
    also there is my personal favourite...wander down grafton street and photograph the beggers, have a look through side streets off Grafton street and try find the busy ATM's (for beggers)

Nothing says 'cliched' and 'unchallenging' quite like 'street photography' of beggers or the homeless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,920 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would expect grafton street could be harder to begin with as people would be walking faster; go somewhere where there will be more milling around.
    i'm not sure if the george's arcade would welcome people taking photos in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Nothing says 'cliched' and 'unchallenging' quite like 'street photography' of beggers or the homeless.

or buskers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sparklehorse

Thanks all! A lot of what I figured....I guess I just have to get over directing a lens into oncoming people or 'at' faces...Good suggestion though...Camden St and down to Georges St I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

The great thing about street is it can be taken anywhere even not on a street. :D

Try ordinary streets, off the beaten path. They are generally imo easier to get good shots on than streets milling with people. You'll also have more time to seek out shots, compose and get what you want without interuption.

Advertisement