Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Time needs to be taken now for a new appointment. I have faith in Dempster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Agree, we need to take time. If its going to take baby steps in right direction Hibs fans should be happy.

Jaysus lads. Beating up on seagulls now. Sheesh.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/football-hits-seagull-1581440-Jul2014/

we cant even beat a seagull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

The fact that one of our trademark hoofs in the air cannot even down a seagull upon full contact says a lot about our current predicament.

Getting rather concerned with the lack of signings. I accept that a number of the players who were brutal under Butcher have a player in them, but Stubbs will need to work wonders if the nucleus of our team is basically the same as last year.

• Advertisement

Hibs sign Scott Allan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Scott Allan, tried to run before he could walk. 8 clubs at 22, thats Andros Townsend level!

A good chance to get his career back on track.

Looks like a promising signing.

Many of our best players over the last decade have had colourful personal lives, so might be a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Looks like a promising signing.

Many of our best players over the last decade have had colourful personal lives, so might be a good sign.

Prepare to be disappointed so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Think its a decent signing for us considering the level we are now at, still gutted Suarez turned us down to go to Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I don't think there was enough quality brought in and on that basis I'm going with 3rd.

Early days, I think Hibs should certainly make the play offs but don't think the current squad is strong enough to challenge for the title. A couple of injuries in key positions and we will be struggling.

However, seeing how incredibly ****e The Rangers over the past week is enocuraging :D

4th for me.

not one bit confident in this team..

I hope this raises a few laughs next May.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Early days, I think Hibs should certainly make the play offs but don't think the current squad is strong enough to challenge for the title. A couple of injuries in key positions and we will be struggling.

However, seeing how incredibly ****e The Rangers over the past week is enocuraging :D

What's the set up with play offs? 2nd, 3rd and 4th and 2nd from bottom of the SPL, think that's what it was last season?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    What's the set up with play offs? 2nd, 3rd and 4th and 2nd from bottom of the SPL, think that's what it was last season?

4th plays 3rd in two legs. Winner of this plays 2nd in two legs. Winner of that plays 2nd last in 2 legs. Winner of that goes into premiership next season.

Treble still on!!

At 2-0 down I was thinking it was going to be just another one of those seasons.

Three cracking goals in that game. Stanton has appeared lost and timid all season so hopefully that goal will give him some confidence. The Farid fella should get us a few goals this year, we haven't had a striker of that style in a long time.

Should change our name to A Laughing Stock Fc

• Advertisement

Its going to script nicely alright. The only potential goal source now out for the season, once again will be making grim last minute panic loan deals as our targets fall through, and already the signs of the insipid hibs disease have began to infect the newcomers. Could be bottom next week if we don't beat Cowdenbeath. Should be some interesting supporters consultations meetings this week for Dempster.

Yaba daba dooooooo!!!!

Twas like the good old days of 05/06 but with extra surprise.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Yes I would imagine that will shut a few players up who were taunting your lads before the game. Hopefully that will kick start your season now and see you climb up toward at least the playoff spots. As bad as your start to the season has been your only 4 points out of second spot with that win.

PauloMN wrote: »

Lovely :pac: Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Great result last night totally deserved,that has to instill confidence in the team, now we can hopefully get a good run of results under our belt onwards and upwards GGTTH

League push starts today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Hibs looking well worth their lead, Hearts are trying to get back into it but being closed down pretty well.

edit: What a goal!

Some goal in fairness. I thought we deserved the kick in the teeth because we sat back after they went down to 10. We are still poor

• Advertisement

From where I was sitting:

frustration.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7PBXdXyO_qJWWoOu7jRVDqfWfuimH8bPNc-ye74eZsP033zXI

Bank%20Robber.jpg

Just saying.

Advertisement