Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS system update - Delayed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Very disappointing to see that Links Awakening is not a launch release. They were showing it in VC promo videos. Next Thursday I guess. 3-D Xevious sounds pretty good. At least Exitebike is free. I wonder if the browser will be better than the Wii's and the PSP's browser.

Virtual Console
    • Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge (Capcom, Game Boy, 400 Nintendo Points)
    • Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    • Baseball (Nintendo, Game Boy, 300 NP)
    • Phantasm (Jaleco, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    • Downtown Special Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (Arc, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    • Super Mario Land (Nintendo, Game Boy, 400 NP)
    3D Classics (NES titles re-made for the 3DS)
    • Excitebike (Nintendo, free until 31st July, then 600 NP)
    • Xevious (Nintendo, 600 NP)
    3DSi Ware
    • Mystery P.I Kieta Film (G Mode, 600 NP)
    • 3D Block Kuzushi (Silverstar Japan, 500 NP)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

When exactly does the update go live? I've not found a time anywhere, do I then assume that it will be midnight on Tuesday morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Nollog

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    When exactly does the update go live? I've not found a time anywhere, do I then assume that it will be midnight on Tuesday morning?

Between 6pm monday and 6am wednesday is the window.
    June 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone know when stores like gamestop will have estore cards in stock? Hoping for monday...and denominations..presuming 1000/2000/3000 for 10/20/30 euro.

This is what we will be getting tomorrow.

* Excitebike (NES) 3-D remake: Free (As long as you download it within 30 days of release.)
    *Pokedex 3D application: Free

*Super Mario Land
    *Tennis
    *Alley way

*All first party Nintendo DSI ware

*Web browser: 3DS web browser: Does not support flash but will allow users to view 3D images on websites, as well as the uploading and downloading of 3D photos taken using the 3DS cameras.

* Store will update worldwide every Thursday. This goes into effect on June 16.

*DSi and DSi XL owners will simply download a transfer tool on their handheld and initiate the transfer process. Then on the 3DS, users will accept the transfer and that's it. The transferred games will automatically be deleted from their original source.

*Lastly, there'll also be the chance to sign up for a short form 3D video service in the future, which will provide music videos, movie trailers and comedy videos all in 3D, all through SpotPass and all for free.

*Purchasing games will be a lot more transparent now too as the amount you have in your eShop wallet is displayed in real currency as opposed to Wii Points.

The American lauch differs slightly and of course Japan has the best selection.

http://3dsvc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/europe_this_is_your_eshop_launch_day_line_up

http://www.destructoid.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-3ds-eshop-launch-202487.phtml

It's really dissapointing that Links Awakening DX is not a launch title considering the store was delayed so long but I'm assuming it will be released with the next batch of games, which I predict will be GBC games.
    Very dissapointed the browser does not support flash but the 3D pictures is nice. Of course getting Excitebike 3D for free is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Will we be unable to use youtube?

shizz wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to watch any vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The iPhone and iPad don't support Flash and you can watch YouTube videos so I wouldn't rule it out totally on the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

No youtube. Browser does not support html5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

So will this update become available at midnight does anyone know?

Hopefully, as it'll be in the morning for Japan...and this evening for the US apparntly.

Maybe even 11pm if going by the idea Nintendo Europe is based in Germany and they're an hour ahead.

Nobody know's for certain though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm hoping it's available at midnight tonight, although it might tie in with their conference (at 9am PST/5pm GMT).....so far, no official word....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's available now! :)

I really advise people to get Plants vs Zombies on DSI store. One of the best games on XBLA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great update but do be careful updating the DSi so you can transfer your shop purchases, you have to update the DSi as well and this has just killed my flashcart. A firmware update for the cart should fix it in time, just beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dammit I woke up too late for work today so no chance of updating my 3DS yet:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,247 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I managed to get the update but Excite Bike 3D wouldn't download. Kept saying the site was under maintanance. So had to leave for work! Really wanted to give it a go on the bus.

Oh yes its finally here =) Im currently writing this on the browser. Any one found facebook to be a bit dodgey on it? Ive downloaded excite bike and super mario land. Ive never played excite bike before and it doesnt seem that great. Ill give it another go haha

I downloaded Excitebike, Pokedex 3D thing, and Super Mario Land, which is just as good as I remember! :D

Downloaded the update this morning and it went pretty fast. I downloaded Excite Bike. I never played it on the NES. It is actually a fun little game and the 3D effect works well.

I'm not impressed by the browser but I will never use the 3DS as a web browser. At last count I have 7 other devices in the house that can access the Internet so I don't really care about the 3DS browser.

Are any of the DSi Ware games good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Downloaded it this morning, but I'm now ready for the **** to hit the fan, basically wanted to transfer my saved Club Nintendo points into points for using on the EShop and was told
    Please note that you cannot use Nintendo Points with a Nintendo 3DS system.

This is despite the fact most of the games I have registered are 3DS games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Does the new update delete that 3D sample video? I don't want to part with it, I really like it! :rolleyes: Is there any way of saving it?

Does the new update delete that 3D sample video? I don't want to part with it, I really like it! :rolleyes: Is there any way of saving it?

Yep, that video has disappeared from my 3DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Thanks! Damn, I wish they'd let you keep it. It was handy for showing people the 3D capabilities too, you'd imagine Nintendo would have seen its potential for immediate word-of-mouth marketing, getting a quick sample of glasses-free 3D.

Yep, that video has disappeared from my 3DS.

Don't worry. The next update will have crap loads of them too download supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Says on ign that links awakening dx will be available in the shop later today. With an extra dungeon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

An extra extra dungeon, or just the extra dungeon that was in LADX (compared to LA)? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

update your 3DS today through the system updates and get internet browser and nintendo eshop.

finally i can surf the web from my 3DS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not to sound ungrateful but I was really looking forward to the 3d video recording feature that has now been delayed to the next update, I think, bugger!

The shop stated prepaid cards won't be available in stores til the end of june...:(

And yay zeldaness! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr E wrote: »
    An extra extra dungeon, or just the extra dungeon that was in LADX (compared to LA)? :)

Ah, i see! Guess i should take a little longer reading these things. Just the regular non-extra extra dungeon, then. :o

The shop stated prepaid cards won't be available in stores til the end of june...:(

And yay zeldaness! :D

You can add money to your account using a debit/credit card.

You can add money to your account using a debit/credit card.

Presume they don't take laser though....
    And the hassle of getting a disposable 3v voucher or whatever...And the fact i had a 30 euro gamestop gift card just waiting to be used to buy estore credit :cool:

well give it a try. They only say credit card but i used a debit card and it worked.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Says on ign that links awakening dx will be available in the shop later today. With an extra dungeon.

Sounds too good to be true. The next update isn't due until Thursday week. I hope you're right though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Sounds too good to be true. The next update isn't due until Thursday week. I hope you're right though.:)

Its there now! :)

Downloaded Links Awakening DX this morning :D

me too. I already dunno what to do haha

Decent price at 6 Euro too. Looking forward to the Oracle games next.

• Advertisement

Will they be releasing the pokemon games?

Will they be releasing the pokemon games?

Probaly not.

The first two generations (the gb ones) aren't compatible with the 3rd gen and up....
    Maybe when they get around to GBA games they might give us the remakes of Red/Blue but that won't be for a while.

Would this be considered one of the better Zelda games?

Probaly not.

The first two generations (the gb ones) aren't compatible with the 3rd gen and up....
    Maybe when they get around to GBA games they might give us the remakes of Red/Blue but that won't be for a while.

I haven't played any of the new gen pokemon games but I have to say they look muck compared to the good old 150 :) Ahh i wanna play Pokemon RED.

Would this be considered one of the better Zelda games?

Yes. It's definitely in my top five Zelda games. It has a look and feel which is reminiscient of Link to the past on the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

maybe do with pokemon Black and White, so they catch all 649 pokemon.

• Advertisement

I was reading on another forum that the US eShop has lots of 3D videos up from E3. Us Europeans have nothing yet. At least not a couple of hours ago when I checked.

I was reading on another forum that the US eShop has lots of 3D videos up from E3. Us Europeans have nothing yet. At least not a couple of hours ago when I checked.

Complained to the two addresses it listed (the uk one and germany)
    No answer from UK yet, German one told me to contact the uk one for my region.....then when i asked "Well are the trailers available in germany?" i just got
    "Thank you for your eMail.

The trailers you are asking for are not available in Germany yet. We do not have information about when the trailers will be available on the german eShop at this time."

They should just put them up...can't be that much work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Nollog

Complained to the two addresses it listed (the uk one and germany)
    No answer from UK yet, German one told me to contact the uk one for my region.....then when i asked "Well are the trailers available in germany?" i just got
    "Thank you for your eMail.

The trailers you are asking for are not available in Germany yet. We do not have information about when the trailers will be available on the german eShop at this time."

They should just put them up...can't be that much work!

It's stupid because Miyamoto said two nights ago in California that the videos will be available in all regions by that night.

Did you get a confirmation email when you emailed UK?
    I sent them two emails about a different problem and don't have a clue if they even got the emails.

Does anyone know what the PAL releases will be on Thursday?

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the PAL releases will be on Thursday?

Well America got Radar Mission, we got Tennis.

For the gameboy, Japan also got:
    Baseball
    Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shūgō!
    Kirby's Dream Land
    Avenging Spirit
    Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

and also the 3D Classics version of Xevious.

Bar Downtown Special I'd say maybe 2 titles from above could be likely?
    edit: PR release is Mondays.
    edit: And Japan are getting DK 94 in this weeks update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement