Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Correct, but their chairman (Jon Pritchett) yesterday replied to a mail from the RST:
    Thank you for your e-mail and introduction. We have purposely avoided any public comments until today because we didn't see the benefit in talking until we knew more about where we were internally. At an early stage, there really is not much value in public statements.

Unfortunately, that did not keep people from talking about us. We read with some humor many of the stories, opinions and rumors about Club 9 Sports. Some of it was accurate; much of it was fictional or factually incorrect. Regardless, as you may have seen, we were never going to bid on the club ourselves. We were working with a group of people in the US and UK for a few weeks to take a hard look at the deal but that group decided not to move forward.

I just wanted to thank you for reaching out and to say that any smart owner (no matter which side of the pond) will most certainly want work with your group and others to ensure the fans, supporters and followers are an integral part of the plans for Rangers. After all, they are the most important asset of the club.

Warm regards,

Jon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Bears, if the club is liquidated, will you be fully behind a 'newco'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I've no doubt they will, might take a bit of time to get used to the new crest

Apqdet-CEAAwla4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I can't speak for anyone else but yes for me.
    Though I don't think that's going to happen :)

I can't speak for anyone else but yes for me.
    Though I don't think that's going to happen :)

How do you think it'll play out BBE?

Any ideas on who you think will be the new owners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Seems like the game against HSV is going through then :)

Can't find tickets for sale anywhere on the site? Anyone think it will sell out? If not I'll buy a ticket but probably wont get over to Scotland on a weekday.

Not available yet, since the game will be in the summer I think (Me thinks HSV have other things on their mind as well).

RoryMac wrote: »
    How do you think it'll play out BBE?

Any ideas on who you think will be the new owners?

To be fair I have no idea who the new owners will be but its reckoned HMRC have agreed in principal a settlement if they have it will help stave off liquidation big time the next couple of weeks should tell the story though

To be fair I have no idea who the new owners will be but its reckoned HMRC have agreed in principal a settlement if they have it will help stave off liquidation big time the next couple of weeks should tell the story though

Yeah it will all come to a head in the next few weeks.

The administrators report released today detailing the creditors makes interesting reading to say the least

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah it will all come to a head in the next few weeks.

The administrators report released today detailing the creditors makes interesting reading to say the least

Had a quick glance not read it in detail yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I didnt see the game today, but a good result it seems - even with all the penalty madness.

It would have been easy for the heads to go down today again after the Celtic result, but it's nice to see that Ally has the team playing well again and hopefully we can end the season without too big a hit to players confidence.
    A clean record, including a win at Parkhead would be nice from here on in.

I saw the game and it was definitely a good performance by the team.

On another note: There was an action where fans held up red cards to say No to any party interested in buying Rangers and going for the liquidation process.

Even people in the Director's Box did it:

WV52-Rangers-v-St-Mirren.jpg

redcardsmall.jpg

p1110543f.jpg

p1110545.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Your woman there must be holding up her red fingernails :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I saw the game and it was definitely a good performance by the team.

On another note: There was an action where fans held up red cards to say No to any party interested in buying Rangers and going for the liquidation process.

redcardsmall.jpg

p1110543f.jpg

p1110545.jpg
    The Rangers will rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

who made the central car auctions banner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

KeithAFC wrote: »

No doubt man, what name will they use though??

bobmalooka wrote: »
    No doubt man, what name will they use though??
    Won't get liquidated. The establishment will make sure of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Won't get liquidated. The establishment will make sure of that.

And you think thats acceptable and fair do you? And how exactly will this scenario unfold?

You're like a bloody child. You change your tune every second day.

And you think thats acceptable and fair do you? And how exactly will this scenario unfold?
    If it can save the club, then yes I do. I think they will be working on this at the moment. I hope they can help us get a CVA.

• Advertisement

If it can save the club, then yes I do. I think they will be working on this at the moment. I hope they can help us get a CVA.

As they have done for other Scottish teams in similar situations? By the way who or what are the 'establishment' that will be working on this at the moment? Who will be doing what exactly?

As they have done for other Scottish teams in similar situations? By the way who or what are the 'establishment' that will be working on this at the moment? Who will be doing what exactly?

Oh for Gods sake he is winding you up there is no establishment.

As for how things will unfold if we don't become a newco. Creditors will agree to accept so much in the pound against the debts the club owe it could be as little as 20p in the pound. This includes any money owed to the tax man.
    Its simple really it comes down to whether the creditors want a little bit of the pie or none at all is this fair well its a common business practice and yes any of the clubs in Scotland that have went into admin have went down this path.
    For the moment no one knows whats going to happen only that the BK will go down the CVA route if they can and Bill Miller the American bidder has said this is also his preferred option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

As for how things will unfold if we don't become a newco. Creditors will agree to accept so much in the pound against the debts the club owe it could be as little as 20p in the pound. This includes any money owed to the tax man.
    Its simple really it comes down to whether the creditors want a little bit of the pie or none at all...

But were Murray Park and Ibrox not just valued by the Administrators at £109m so therefore creditors will get FAR more back through liquidation than through a CVA?

You think Keith is on the wind up??

I know Kieth is on the wind up :)

Nope. :p

Well, it IS funnier to make some Celtic fans believe there is actually an Establishment :D

Its simple really it comes down to whether the creditors want a little bit of the pie or none at all...

But were Murray Park and Ibrox not just valued by the Administrators at £109m so therefore creditors will get FAR more back through liquidation than through a CVA?

Maybe so but The Training complex has to be used for something similar ie a developer can't throw houses up on it this is due to the lease terms
    As for Ibrox when was the last time you were there Bobby the surrounding area is a ****hole and anyone attempting to purchase and put planning permission in has been told no also the front of Ibrox is listed so it can't be knocked down or changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Maybe so but The Training complex has to be used for something similar ie a developer can't throw houses up on it this is due to the lease terms
    As for Ibrox when was the last time you were there Bobby the surrounding area is a ****hole and anyone attempting to purchase and put planning permission in has been told no also the front of Ibrox is listed so it can't be knocked down or changed

so do you think the administrators value is inflated?

If so why would the people who claim to want to avoid liquidation make it look like the most viable solution?

remember these are whytes guys, serious cloaks and daggers stuff going to happen in govan me thinks

• Advertisement

If they were Whyte's guys do you think the court would have approved it ?

Some Rangers fans also claim that they're in league with Whyte, but I can't see it.

Here we have one of Britain's biggest firms, handling a case where the entire Scottish (and possibly British) media and legal people are watching and they would risk jail time to help Whyte ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement