Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours

• 10-11-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

This thread is for team talk, News and Rumours pertaining to the national team. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any country.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - In-Match discussion will be deleted.

This is so there's a place to put everything.

I think there was a Republic of Ireland Superthread at one stage, but i can't find it. this will have to do!

I'm going to bang about 6/7 threads in here, so bear with me.

Hi Lads,

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the current Ireland jersey without the 3 logo on the front. Didn't see it on elverys website and a few others also

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not unless you get one from the players unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sadly not and it's just another example of the FAI screwing Irish football fans for a few quid.

There's no other country in Europe that refuses to sell their country's national jersey without it being plastered with an ugly corporate logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Greedy buggers. Ah well, least there's still my Italia 90 jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I have actully seen it on sale without the sponsors logo.

:)

Unfortunatly you had to buy it preprinted with one of the players names.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

irish-stew wrote: »
    I have actully seen it on sale without the sponsors logo.

:)

Unfortunatly you had to buy it preprinted with one of the players names.

:(

Where abouts, I have no shame having McShane No 1 on the back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Where abouts, I have no shame having McShane No 1 on the back:)

Think it was only a temporary promotion at lifestyle sports, preprinted with Keane. Might have been towards the end of the 'Eircom' days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

This thread comes up every so often. I presume no new sponsor will settle for having no logo on the jersey, seeing all of their predecessors getting away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Such a stupid looking logo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You can get one on various special occasions. The last home jersey was on sale with players names pre-printed when it was first released. A limited number were in the Umbro shop on Westmorland street. You could get the white kit with 50 on the front as well celebrating Keane getting to 50 international goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

You could get the white kit with 50 on the front as well celebrating Keane getting to 50 international goals.

That's gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Just buy a t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

GrumPy wrote: »
    That's gay.

Sorry I thought I was posting in Ireland where it would be OK to celebrate our top scorer reaching a landmark figure like that.

Also, are you 7 and from 1960? How is acceptable to call something you dislike gay? Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sadly not and it's just another example of the FAI screwing Irish football fans for a few quid.

There's no other country in Europe that refuses to sell their country's national jersey without it being plastered with an ugly corporate logo.

If people stop buying the shirt, they'll stop putting the logo on the shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

OP head over to ybig.ie and contact jonnycee. If anyone can sort you out, it's him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Never had a problem with OPEL,it suited the jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Just buy a t-shirt.

A green T-Shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Greedy buggers. Ah well, least there's still my Italia 90 jersey.

wouldnt that have OPEL written on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

OP head over to ybig.ie and contact jonnycee. If anyone can sort you out, it's him.

OP, any luck from jonnycee? I really want to get one too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Anyone ever had any luck, eh, "removing" the sponsor's logo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pity because its probably one of the nicest Ireland jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Just looking at this from another angle does anybody know why international soccer jerseys don't have the sponsorship logos on them? Club soccer and Rugby (except for the world cup) have the logos on the players shirts. Is there some FIFA thing that says no sponsorship?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

ALthough unrelated, one thing I have always wondered is why dont Ireland have player names on the back of their jerseys during a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it just me that actually likes the jersey with the logo on it then? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have bought a few jerseys before without the sponsor,much nicer imo.
    I havent bought any from ebay but they do often crop up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Paully D wrote: »

Think its just you.I have the current home and away without the sponsor and got a number on the chest and back,looks much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

you can buy a retro euro 88 jersey they have no logo, seen a few floating around, have one myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't necessarily have a huge issue with it it's just that they're too big! The old Eircom one was god awfully gaudie. The Three one isn't as bad but I don't like walking around like bill board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

You could get the previous home shirt sponsor-less around August 2010 before we played Argentina in the first match at the Aviva. It had the game details plus a #9 front and back. Lovely jersey but they we're looking for €90 [Carrolls, Westmoreland] for it. Sorry I didn't get it now cos that type of jersey is somewhat timeless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

http://www.euro-soccerjerseys.co.uk/ireland-11-12-away-soccer-jerseys-p-4669.html

Customs have been going after the fakes coming in from Asia recently. So it might not get through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement