Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great win today, total domination from start to finish. The scoreline reflected the fact that Hibs were pretty woeful as well as Celtic bring in control. Hibs just seemed to fluff any of the rare opportunities they got.

Glad they've kept the run going - there was the danger of complacency given the happenings elsewhere this week. Looks like Lenny and the team want this title done asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Fantastic result today and no sign of complacency which is good to see. On current form we would win the title easily even without the 10 points penalty to Rangers,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great performance today, the team don't look like they've lost any of their focus, in fact look determined to keep this winning run going and win the league by a huge margin.

Great athmosphere created by the fans too, hopefully we can keep the party going till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Over in Govan, a pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ColeTrain wrote: »

Lol, loving it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

ColeTrain wrote: »

The brilliant thing is that if we lost to Motherwell, we'd still be miles off in front of Rangers anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

spiralism wrote: »
    The brilliant thing is that if we lost to Motherwell, we'd still be miles off in front of Rangers anyways!
    As well as that, if Motherwell weren't so keen on lying down to rangers then they could actually be in 2nd place just now.

I was over at Swinecastle then at the ICT game, have to say it's a joy to watch this team just now. Going over again on Saturday and think yet again it will be tough, but rather than just being a team with individual players who are performing, we are playing as a team and a unit and will be tough for anyone to break down.

God Bless Neil Lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

As well as that, if Motherwell weren't so keen on lying down to rangers then they could actually be in 2nd place just now.

I was over at Swinecastle then at the ICT game, have to say it's a joy to watch this team just now. Going over again on Saturday and think yet again it will be tough, but rather than just being a team with individual players who are performing, we are playing as a team and a unit and will be tough for anyone to break down.

God Bless Neil Lennon

17 points clear and still full of paranoid bull****.

Police concern over potential "Old Firm" (puke) title decider:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17100404

Would be nice to win it at iBroke of course, but probably best it isn't tbh. Would be some amount of hassle though to change that fixture if it came to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

PauloMN wrote: »
    Police concern over potential "Old Firm" (puke) title decider:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17100404

Would be nice to win it at iBroke of course, but probably best it isn't tbh. Would be some amount of hassle though to change that fixture if it came to it.

They will simply be postponing the inevitable. Whether its a title decider or not the huns are gonna have the **** ripped out of them and for this there will be a typical backlash from their fans before and after game. If the police think that having it later in season (and having 2 glasgow derbys closer together) will solve things then they are deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Well here we are at the start of a new week. I am still like most Celtic supporters on cloud 9 after the past 7 days.

What a perfect end to the week too with that classy demolition of Hibernian yesterday. Absolutely fantastic. Credit to Lennon and the players for not just winning and extending our lead at the top but for producing such a quality performance. I must admit I wondered would we see a distracted Celtic team at Easter Road. But did we ever not. That was just brilliant. Roll on Wednesday now and Dunfermline. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

TheBuilder wrote: »
    17 points clear and still full of paranoid bull****.

Say that again :)

You come on here spouting about how the media have it in for Rangers, and I'm the one spouting paranoid bs. Carry on

YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Surely Celtic can't condone this ? :confused:

if5ytv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Surely Celtic can't condone this ? :confused:

if5ytv.jpg

What has it got to do with Celtic as long as it is outside the stadium?

The fact it's advertised as at Celtic Park I thought ?
    Isn't the Gallowgate Entrance one of the entrances of the ground, and therefore on the stadium grounds ?

The fact it's advertised as at Celtic Park I thought ?
    Isn't the Gallowgate Entrance one of the entrances of the ground, and therefore on the stadium grounds ?

Nope, nothing to do with Celtic.

The National Front were planning on distributing anti Catholic material outside of Pittodrie in the game against Celtic last December, Aberdeen could do nothing as it was outside of the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Peaceful demonstrations outside the park are nothing to do with Celtic - the police on the other hand can move them on if there's a whiff of any disturbance(don't understand why this should be held in Scotland though)!

Madam wrote: »
    (don't understand why this should be held in Scotland though)!

Why not? Scotland is in the UK and so is Maghaberry prison. Where is the problem?

Why not? Scotland is in the UK and so is Maghaberry prison. Where is the problem?

Well, they could demonstrate in front of the actual prison ;)

But fair enough, I thought since it specifically stated 'Gallowgate Entrance, Celtic Park' it was part of Celtic Park, and therefore a responsibility of the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well, they could demonstrate in front of the actual prison ;)

But fair enough, I thought since it specifically stated 'Gallowgate Entrance, Celtic Park' it was part of Celtic Park, and therefore a responsibility of the club.

(quick google)

They have.

http://saoirse.21.forumer.com/a/apr-25-pow-picket-maghaberry-jail_post4171.html

They are doing their demonstrations all over the place

http://saoirse.21.forumer.com/a/Apr-25---POW-Picket,-Maghaberry-Jail-9/

Anything else bugging you today Jelle?

Thats ok then - any trouble in Barlinnie and we'll send some protestors over to NI:( You know as well as I do why they've chosen Celtic Park for their venue!!

Thats ok then - any trouble in Barlinnie and we'll send some protestors over to NI:( You know as well as I do why they've chosen Celtic Park for their venue!!

Yes I do and it makes perfect sense. They go to places where they feel they are likely to find a certain amount of support. As long as they have a peaceful demonstration off Celtic property and are not passing out material which is considered illegal then where is the problem?

I have seen public protests against the Chinese and Israeli governments over the last few days here in Sydney, a city which is on a completely different continent to the areas concerned in the protest, that fact didn't strike me as odd so certainly I don't see what is odd about a protest against a UK prison being made in the UK.

Dempsey wrote: »
    (quick google)

They have.

http://saoirse.21.forumer.com/a/apr-25-pow-picket-maghaberry-jail_post4171.html

They are doing their demonstrations all over the place

http://saoirse.21.forumer.com/a/Apr-25---POW-Picket,-Maghaberry-Jail-9/

Anything else bugging you today Jelle?

It was a question, nothing more.
    No need to get all defensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What am I defending?

I was pointing out how useful google can be

The problem as I see it - it's back to the old Celtic supporters tarred with the IRA/PIRA 'sympathisers' tag from certain parts of the media and of course our 'friends' across the city of Glasgow:rolleyes: I had thought this would be frowned upon by most supporters and I really can't see the point of it - sure isn't the war over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Use your heads lads, there are 32CSM branches in Scotland and England for the diaspora, thats why its in scotland, its were the members live.

Why Celtic park? Lots of people to distribute leaflets to etc.

Despite not agreeing with them on nearly everything, I wish them the best of luck, the brutality and disregard for human rights in that prison needs to be highlighted. Its not even a case of 'they deserve what they get' cause many are on remand in there and have not been convicted of anything.

No offence, but it looks like a desperate attempt at straw-clutching. Something you probably saw on a Rangers forum, and something you decided to assume was allowed within Parkhead by Celtic.

PauloMN wrote: »
    No offence, but it looks like a desperate attempt at straw-clutching. Something you probably saw on a Rangers forum, and something you decided to assume was allowed within Parkhead by Celtic.

I'm aware it's not 'within Parkhead', but I just wondered if, since it specifically stated 'Gallowgate Entrance, Celtic Park' Celtic had given permission, or were at least condoning it because I thought that they were also responsible for the immediate vicinity of the ground.

• Advertisement

The problem as I see it - it's back to the old Celtic supporters tarred with the IRA/PIRA 'sympathisers' tag from certain parts of the media and of course our 'friends' across the city of Glasgow:rolleyes: I had thought this would be frowned upon by most supporters and I really can't see the point of it - sure isn't the war over?

Yes it is over and the 32 County Sovereignty Movement will get very little support but it is a free country and they can go where they like as long as they obey the law and don't cause trouble.

Would you prefer if Celtic were to break the law and deny them the freedom to protest by illegally moving them off a public area?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement