Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Aquila wrote: »
    As i said in match thread,delighted with todays game,great result for us and delighted to see nando hit the net twice!

I say we get carried away and pronounce him the best striker in the Premier League :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Torres......excellent. If Fanny got his head up and passed more like Torres he could have had 5. Brillant from the Spainard. Delighted for him he deserved it.

What slump??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

To the tune of "Shaft"

Who is the man who can turn around a 2 goal euro deficit

Roberto!
    Roberto Di Matteo

And who is the man who can unite a dressing room in disarray after sacking AVB

Roberto!
    Roberto Di Matteo

And who is the man who get our Nando firing again
    Roberto Di Matteo
    Damm straight!

4 wins from 4

Now the real test Roberto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Fantastic is all I can say to describe that, and I know that the opposition was hardly man u quality but under AVB we would have struggled today. I'm beginning to detest sturridge's name on the squad sheet he has some skill but know one benefits from it as he's so ****in greedy, should be dropped for a couple of games imo. Whatever Robbie has done to that dressing room has been nothing short of phonomal, I wasn't keen on AVB getting the sack but it's plain to say he didnt have the skills/experience to take us forward and I think if we finish top 4 possibly win the fa cup and make a good account of ourself in the champions league Robbie should be given the opportunity to undertake his " project " and finally nando's goals lets just hope he can put this spell behind him and go on to find the form that made him one of the best again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Waiting for semi draw now. A Chelsea Liverpool final would be great.

Waiting for semi draw now. A Chelsea Liverpool final would be great.

Tough for us whoever! All bogey sides pretty much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Spurs/Bolton in the semi, probably spurs

Tottenham/Bolton for us.

Liverpool Everton semi would be good if works out that way.

Tough for us whoever! All bogey sides pretty much

That's what I was thinking when draw was on. There was no particular ball I wanted out as all tough games for us. But now that Torres on fire we going to score all the goals!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Great to see Torres score not once, but twice today. Hopefully it's a return to old form, convinced he just needed that one goal to get his confidence back.

Anyone else think Cech could've done better on the second Leicester goal? The game was over at that stage but think he could've done better with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

4 wins from 4, things starting to turn hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lukker- wrote: »
    4 wins from 4, things starting to turn hopefully.

I hope so, but being the miserable glass half empty type, Napoli apart, the other games were all ones Chelsea should be expected to win, and to be honest I think AVB would have won those too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Great to see Torres get two today but Danny was a disgrace. The lad has some skill but he needs to learn how to pass too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Delighted to see Di Matteo settling in so well however I hope we don't get carried away if results continue.
    Wouldn't be shocked to see us beat City during the week, and Di Matteo will be hyped up as the next big thing!
    In reality he's no more experienced than AVB and I don't think it would work out long-term. I'd love to be wrong, but I think we could be back to where we started by this time next season if he's appointed.
    Really think we need an experienced manager and a complete clearout this summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

blue-army wrote: »
    Delighted to see Di Matteo settling in so well however I hope we don't get carried away if results continue.
    Wouldn't be shocked to see us beat City during the week, and Di Matteo will be hyped up as the next big thing!
    In reality he's no more experienced than AVB and I don't think it would work out long-term. I'd love to be wrong, but I think we could be back to where we started by this time next season if he's appointed.
    Really think we need an experienced manager and a complete clearout this summer!
    I agree that he's unproven but results speak for themselves and we might of won yesterday with AVB but definately not in the same style, when was the last time you saw such freeflowing unlaboured football under AVB ? I was buzzing all evening last night after watching that match and in hindsight I never got the same sense of excitement from AVB's side. I know that the real test is around the corner and I'm trying not to get too carried away but if Robbie can turn thus season around then surely he's entitled to a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Great to see Torres get two today but Danny was a disgrace. The lad has some skill but he needs to learn how to pass too.
    If we hold on to Torres during the summer clearout, I can see Sturridge seriously slipping down the pecking order. He has to show a willingness to learn and to fit into a system. Otherwise, a new striker will be acquired and he'll find himself as cover playing League Cup matches.

After his positive and effective CL performance, it has to be a massive boost for Torres to get a couple in the net. He could do it yet. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

The daily fail is reporting that jacob mellis has been kicked out of the club for releasing the smoke grenade at the training ground

Clifford got away wth a fine

Oh and linked with yet another manager

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2117344/Chelsea-eyeing-Borussia-Dortmund-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-managers-job.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

The daily fail is reporting that jacob mellis has been kicked out of the club for releasing the smoke grenade at the training ground

Clifford got away wth a fine

Oh and linked with yet another manager

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2117344/Chelsea-eyeing-Borussia-Dortmund-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-managers-job.html

Really annoyed at this, Mellis is a great prospect what an idiot though, he should of blamed Ashley cole he would of got away with it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

From ESPN
    Chinese Super League side Guizhou Renhe have confirmed Chelsea'sFrank Lampard and Manchester United defenderRio Ferdinand are top of their transfer target list this year.

Guizhou, who have started their 2012 campaign unbeaten after two games, are making moves to rival the likes of Shanghai Shenhua after the big-spending club brought in Nicolas Anelka in January.
    Didier Drogba is another Premier League player understood to be on Shanghai's radar, while Guizhou, from the south-west of China, are reportedly set to offer veterans Lampard and Ferdinand £250,000-a-week each.:eek:
    "I want the best team in China and we are prepared to invest a lot of money to bring Ferdinand and Lampard to us," club chairman Wang Guolin told The Sun newspaper. "Many people here watch the Premier League and know how good the two players are."It is also reported that Shanghai are willing to break the bank to bring in Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho to replace Jean Tigana next season, while former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson continues to be linked with a move to the Chinese Super League after previously being mooted as the next boss of Shandong Luneng.

Mourinho to pocket £300,000 a week after tax, alledgely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

RichT wrote: »
    From ESPN

I thought china was a communist country. Communist my arse:pac:

RichT wrote: »
    From ESPN

Pffffft, I'm earning £375,000 a week in my Football Manager career.

:cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I thought china was a communist country. Communist my arse:pac:

If the Chinnese offer us a nice pack for Lamps id send him packing TBH.
    We got the best from Lamps and the mans a legend but we have to ruthless and rejuvenate the squad. I think its all gutter stories though and not worth reading.

As for Sturridge i was fumming at the TV when Sturridge was on the ball.
    After the match though i saw why he was so selfish, he wanted to score like Cahill and show the undershirt to pray for his friend Muamba.
    Sturridge should e allowed off the hook this time but he is very fond of the ball at times.

what a day wrote: »
    If the Chinnese offer us a nice pack for Lamps id send him packing TBH.
    We got the best from Lamps and the mans a legend but we have to ruthless and rejuvenate the squad. I think its all gutter stories though and not worth reading.

As for Sturridge i was fumming at the TV when Sturridge was on the ball.
    After the match though i saw why he was so selfish, he wanted to score like Cahill and show the undershirt to pray for his friend Muamba.
    Sturridge should e allowed off the hook this time but he is very fond of the ball at times.

Lamps wont be sold though, he may leave for free but I dont think we'll sell him.

Danny is a very selfish player at times, there was on eon the first half where he could have played a ball back to Torres but he tried to lift it over Kasper S. and Torres was really pissed with him.

Sometimes he just makes the wrong choices, hopefully his decision making will improve with time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Sturridge is still young and needs guidance. He's not doing anything that Robben didnt do when he was here and he didnt turn out too badly.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Lamps wont be sold though, he may leave for free but I dont think we'll sell him.

Danny is a very selfish player at times, there was on eon the first half where he could have played a ball back to Torres but he tried to lift it over Kasper S. and Torres was really pissed with him.

Sometimes he just makes the wrong choices, hopefully his decision making will improve with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Terry out of tomorrows game with city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I can't see Lampard wanting to move to China, even if the clubs reach an agreement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Terry out of tomorrows game with city

Thats bad news , had his best game this season against Napoli ,

Kinda confident we at least wont get beaten tomorrow .

Thats bad news , had his best game this season against Napoli ,

Kinda confident we at least wont get beaten tomorrow .

I'm confident we can beat City TBH.

There going through a very indifferent patch at the moment and we on the other hand are in the midst of a mini revival.

It wont be a disaster if we dont win as we still have to play Arsenal and Spurs but a victory against City would give us a huge boost for the rest of the season.

Not jumping the gun too much as City have a tremendous record at home this year but we can do, definetly.

The turn around the players have shown is remarkable, yes I'm sad it was a result of AVB losing his job but this club is more important then an individual so if Di Matteo and the players keep results the way they are, every Chelsea fan will be delighted come May.

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday to Fernando Torres, 28 today.

Hope he can carry on scroing and playing well for the rest of the season, a winner against City would do nicely. ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5u8xwOFwRyCutOuhXfeJpFFnhrBQLGNzu6qlar_JpiusnEIDtaA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement