Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Hopefully AVB will show us what brought him to the top of the manager list. Still it is hard to take losing a 3 nil lead. He needs to rebuild the back four and find a replacement for Cech for the long term. You cannot leak goals to that degree.
    If he stays for next season it will surprise me, if he goes before next season it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No Saha tomorrow should help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lukker- wrote: »
    No Saha tomorrow should help us.

Thank fuck! Was at Goodison when he scored twice when they beat us a couple of seasons ago. Will be a tough game tomorrow anyway though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Hopefully AVB will show us what brought him to the top of the manager list. Still it is hard to take losing a 3 nil lead. He needs to rebuild the back four and find a replacement for Cech for the long term. You cannot leak goals to that degree.
    If he stays for next season it will surprise me, if he goes before next season it won't.

So Courtois isn't good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Two cool videos...

Believe it or not, Malouda actually passes a ball to Torres :O

Also, surprised about Torres saying he best moment in his career was the fans at Wolves chanting his name.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

AVB can't have much longer left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Arsenal come from behind to grab a last minute winner , were in big trouble ,

No heart or fight from us in that game ,

Boswinga simply is not good enough, cole has been very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Chelsea are quite simply a shambles of a team at the present minute....

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Wow didnt realize it was this bad

Ian McGarry @garbosj Close
    #CFC lose to #EFC and have now taken just 12 points from last 10 PL matches - the worst run of any manager in Abramovich era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not one player can come off that pitch with their head held high. Shocking shocking stuff.

Johner wrote: »
    Not one player can come off that pitch with their head held high. Shocking shocking stuff.

Simply a shambles , where does the blame lie ?

Players or Manager Johner ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Could be 6th by the end of the day - Depressing stuff.

What next for AVB?

Huge loss if he's to be given the boot... but as it stands we're not gonna make the Champions League next season, which could be even more damaging.

• Advertisement

Both the manger seem to get his tatics wrong more times than he gets them right (IMO of course) and the players don't play anywhere near their full potential either.

Could be 6th in the league come tomorrow evening :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Didn't think it could get more depressing than losing a 3-0 lead to Utd, but we're actually getting worse every game and AVB and his incomprehensible substitutions and misguided faith in Torres is going to see us playing UEFA cup football next season, if we're lucky. We have a load of talented youngsters who couldn't play any worse than this lot, they need a chance and AVB needs to come up with a plan very quickly.

Chelsea Youth @chelseayouth Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    RT @BluesChronicle: AVB: "I think today was one of our worst games of the season. The worst in every sense of the word.

Duncan Castles @DuncanCastles Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Interesting Chelsea stat. #CFC have not come back from a goal down to win away from home for two and a half years.

This is more worrying to me , gutless and no fight in us any more , gone are the mighty Chelsea days of team bending over for us!

I fear for AVB's job now , I hope not Id like to see him given time to turn it around and get the full season next season but with Guss waiting in the wings and Jose maybe free again at the end of the season I think time is rapidly running out for AVB

East Upper Snoozer @EastUpper3 Close
    You're getting sacked in the morning sung by our fans...says it all. Hopeless performance.
    from Liverpool, Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sack AVB Sack him !!!!
    Sack him while there is s chance a decent manager can come in and rescue 4th !!!!

Joke

Joke. Especially being behind arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the_monkey wrote: »
    Joke. Especially being behind arsenal

What has that got to do with the price of spuds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

#CFC lose to #EFC and have now taken just 12 points from last 10 PL matches - the worst run of any manager in Abramovich era.

Wow - Didn't realise it was this bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Now am I being dramatic?

I just have, imo, an expectation for a team thats had squllions spent on it to be doing rather better

Aquila wrote: »
    Both i think
    Absolute disgrace

Oh I think its the owner. He has been both the cancer and cure.
    Badly advised, has gotten rid of too many top class managers and let the dressing room rule.

You wonder is it time to cut the cord?
    But I dont think we can, and we simply need that CL money to much.

Pity AVB - he's making Grant look talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Terrible result today, distinct lack of quality on the bench to change things when they don't start well, and not playing a big solid Centre Back you have just spent money on, from the start against a team good in the air like Everton is baffling.

Pity AVB - he's making Grant look talented.

but he was, cannot see how you can think otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

AVB has been unfairly slated at times, but that was f ucking unbearable, the man's way out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

If we hired Martin O'Neil a couple of months ago we'd be winning the league!! :pac:

I dont want AVB sacked.
    I just want us to play with some passion and organisation.
    And honesty. Play the players who deserve to play, not just those that AVB feels has to play

oh and win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Malouda for me sums up the attitude/committment of alot of players in that squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Whats' the story with Cahill - why's he not playing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Dreadful.

Clueless bunch of individuals masquerading as a team.

By the time the manager decided to change it the game was long gone.

I was hoping AVB would get a decent run but he'll be gone soon - definitely by end of March unless we turn this around in next two games.

Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he made mistakes during Chelsea’s 2-0 loss to Everton.
    Goals from Steven Pienaar and Denis Stracqualursi were enough for the Toffees to secure a win against the Portuguese’s side.
    And the former Porto coach claims his players could not have put any more effort into the match.
    “I’ll reflect hard on my preparations,” Villas-Boas said. “I’ll take full responsibility for the defeat.
    “The players did everything they could to try and get the result. Maybe I need to look retrospectively at what I did and think about the preparation.
    “It was our worst performance of the season. We just couldn’t be ourselves and express ourselves.”

Should have played Cahill - hope JT is back next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Panthro wrote: »
    What has that got to do with the price of spuds?

i hate that undeserving joke of a team and that moan wenger...

Maybe its Torres whos holding the team back and draining confidence?

Hurry back Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

greendom wrote: »
    Whats' the story with Cahill - why's he not playing ?
    I don't know he couldn't be any worse than the muppets that we had on show today! shocking defending in every sence of the word to let Pienaar through for the first goal from a Chelsea throw beggers belief, far to many mistakes trying to pass the ball out which could of costed us more. Never really belived that we could come back from the first goal.

Maybe its Torres whos holding the team back and draining confidence?

Hurry back Drogba
    I know that Torres is not his usual self in front of goal but it's not as if he's getting **** load of service in fact recently he's been our best crosser of the ball.

At least Betrand actually got on to play - but hope cole is ok.

We started a lot better without Lamps and cole last time, maybe it is time to play a few more kids?

Why has he dropped Romeu? He looked nailed on starter earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

At this stage I don't care, but ya can blame the gaffer for all ya llike, its up to the players on the pitch to go out and get the job done and they aren't doing it, Common sense on a pitch is all and well and good and none of our lads are radiating that desire. Had it up to the teeth of lacklustre player going out and giving 70% on a given day.

The difference between the CFC we know now and the CFC we saw in 2004/05 is they won nothing, feared the manager, then went on, won trophies and feel their lot is done. Torres, pft, faith in him me arse, if that were a youths player we'd have him hung by now, which would be totally out of order. Which should perform on the highest level, a youths player thrust into the first team or a 50m player from another club? Torres is first team, world cup wining professional and its expect of him to perform at the highest level. A youth player brought is expect to **** up at some point but he's given a chance to prove himself and step up, not like Torres and get shot the last 3 weeks and not do what a striker does: Score. One Assist doesnt cut it.

Its all down to a mixture of a manager trying his level best to get results and his soldier failing and an owner trying to get a result from a failed investment. At this stage now, the current first XI arent doing their job and its time, given our league position, our next generation of player get 90 minutes over a period of time. I've had enough of the Ashley Coles, Nando Torres, Maloudas, to hell with them. I am sick of it to the teeth.

Let the young lads that have some heart and desire come through and do a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It's obvious to me that the players are not playing for avb and must want him out. They played for guss, not this spoofer.

I also think that avb wants to be sacked. After each of our our recent two losses, he's said he didn't prepare the team properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm an Arsenal fan so am delighted to see you guys dropping so many points. That being said, I think you would be mad to get rid of AVB this soon.

The current Chelsea team is nothing compared to the teams that won the League a few years back. Thats down to the constant changing of managers and, as such, the constant changing of players. AVB is a quality manager with the potential to be great, I thought taking the Chelsea job was a bad move as he would be under a lot of pressure to work miracles. Now it's beginning to look like he'll need miracles to keep his job for much longer.

On top of being a weaker Chelsea team, it's not his team for the most part. There is a good core of players (Essien, Mata, Sturridge etc) but still a lot of dead weight that needs to be replaced. Lampard is past it and Terry hasnt been that great in several years now. Even the likes of Cole are on the slide. Torres, I dont think is going to make it at Chelsea. AVB needs to be given the time to replace those players with his own players, not the squad players that he has been left with from last season.

Abramovich needs to sit back and let AVB do what he is paid to do. I think Abramovich believes that the near instant success he got from Mourinho should happen every time, but, the team Mourinho inheritied was already very good and it didnt need to be rebuilt, just added to. AVB needs to rebuild and for that to happen he needs time. If the situation is still the same this time next year, then maybe Abramovich can start to sharpen his axe but I think it would be insane to sack him this soon.

Just my opinion, anyway.

It's obvious to me that the players are not playing for avb and must want him out. They played for guss, not this spoofer.

I also think that avb wants to be sacked. After each of our our recent two losses, he's said he didn't prepare the team properly.

err what?

He said quite clearly he wouldnt do a Man City and WOULD prepare properly. Its just an excuse designed to take pressure off the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭The Davestator

err what?

He said quite clearly he wouldnt do a Man City and WOULD prepare properly. Its just an excuse designed to take pressure off the team

I don't agree at all. He knows he'll get millions if he got sacked and getting sacked by CFC is not really a stain on your CV anymore as everyone in the football world knows what roman is like.

If I had to pick a line up:
    (pretending there are no injuries)

Cech
    Ivanovic--Cahill--Terry--Bertrand
    Ramires--Luiz
    Bosingwa
    Mata----Lampard
    Sturridge

Keep:

Turnbull, Cole, Essien, Romeu, Torres*, Drogba*, Mikel*, Meireles*, Lukaku
    *one more season tops

Show the Door:
    Kalou, Ferreira, Malouda, Hilario

• Advertisement

If I had to pick a line up:
    (pretending there are no injuries)

Cech
    Ivanovic--Cahill--Terry--Bertrand
    Ramires--Luiz
    Bosingwa
    Mata----Lampard
    Sturridge

Keep:
    Turnbull, Cole, Essien, Romeu, Torres*, Drogba*, Mikel*, Meireles*, Lukaku
    *one more season tops

Show the Door:
    Kalou, Ferreira, Malouda, Hilario

Not sure about Luiz in midfield, but worth a go, Lamps wouldnt start every match and thats why we needed to keep Josh

But yeah, I like that team, Cole is in decline.

Not sure about Luiz in midfield, but worth a go, Lamps wouldnt start every match and thats why we needed to keep Josh

But yeah, I like that team, Cole is in decline.

It would be a virtual coin toss between Luiz and Romeu, but I honestly think Luiz should be played futher up the pitch than what he is. He is a terrific passer of the ball and is well capable of bombing forward and looking to create something.

I wouldn't have sturridge anywhere near the team, what about giving Piazon and Lukaku a run I can't see how much worse it could get at least they would give 100%

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I wouldn't have sturridge anywhere near the team, what about giving Piazon and Lukaku a run I can't see how much worse it could get at least they would give 100%

I think he would be far more effective in the centre than where he is played now wich is out wide.
    Think back to his time at Bolton, played in the centre and was scoring goals for the fun of it.

It would be a virtual coin toss between Luiz and Romeu, but I honestly think Luiz should be played futher up the pitch than what he is. He is a terrific passer of the ball and is well capable of bombing forward and looking to create something.
    Luiz does have good drive! and I hold more faith in him than I do Torres, when Chelsea are playing good football Luiz can be remarkable but when we are playing **** as we have been for most of this year then hid defensive weaknesses are exposed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement