Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1H 2014 Technic Sets

Options
  • 04-09-2013 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I see there are rumours out at this stage on sets with names but no pics yet. Also noted is a gap for 42025 which might be something big!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, list already sounds cool as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Came across this too with some more speculation, although no idea on the accuracy of it! :) 42024 sounds like only one I might be interested in and maybe the other one if one get announced later.
    42020 Twin-Rotor Helicopter - It's a small set, circa £9.99 it's like a chinook helicopter, uses shot blades only about 8 studs long per blade, both sets of blades rotate, but that's about it. It's blue and black in colour, maybe 4- studs wide by 16 studs long.

42021 Snowmobile - It's a small/medium 1st half set, black and lime green in colour, maybe £20 - £25 at a guess, only technic functions appear to be steering, front suspension, and a rear track, can't see if there is a lego engine or not, but I suspect there might be a little 2 cylinder one.

42022 Hot Rod - This was almost model team quality in terms of looks, maybe a £35 set, has a V6 lego engine up front, the hot rod is blue in colour, and the front half (engine and steering is light blue grey). Nice looking set, but again limited technic functions

42023 Construction Crew - This is a nice set, although slightly lacking compared to what people are hoping. It's a set with no figures (sorry to disappoint). It's a set made up of three construction vehicles, all 3 models are about 20 studs in length by about 8 - 10 studs wide. There is a 6 wheel american style dump truck, blue big rig shape cab, light grey tipper, functions appear to be steering and tipping. There is a red excavator, looks to have minimal functions, maybe 1 [/font]dig/lift function and finally a yellow loader, on a similar scale to 8453, maybe a tad smaller. I think this is a nice mixed set, with a likely price range of £49.99

42024 Container Truck - This is the highlight of the sets (possibly not including the special set which is normally added later) It's a European style Skip Truck, 6 wheels, similar scale (wheel size) to the flatbed truck of the other year. It has a Yellow Cab, Red lifting arms and comes with a Blue Skip. Likely also a £49.99 set. Power functions can be added but are not included. It's functions appear to be steering, and loading the skip. I guess you will be able to tip the skip as well. No sign of an engine. Looks like the truck below, but imagine with a yellow cab and the blue bits are red.

42026 Black Champion Racer. This is a simple £9.99 pull back racer

42027 Desert Racer. This is a simple £9.99 pull back racer

Damn, I expexted the racer sets to be big ones. :( Still, love them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

42024 Container Truck:

I was driving behind a skip truck last week and thought they would make a pretty cool set.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

42024 Container Truck:

I was driving behind a skip truck last week and thought they would make a pretty cool set.

I just hoe it will have solid walls like in the Unimog set, not the skeleton carcass.

• Advertisement

Found info on another of the sets:
    Top set of 1H will be a HUGE cargo aircraft with price about 150 Euro. It will be equipped with L motor. Functions:
    retracting chassis,
    opening rear platform,
    lifting whole cabin to open access to cargo bay,
    rotating propellers
    And a stick near the tail that controls ailerons and flaps.
    2013_10_%2525208_%2525200_32.jpg

No idea if it's true or not but seems to be a good bit of talk about it. Apparently TechnicBricks.com had something much more detailed up but had to take it down - anyone see that?

2014 sets starting to be announced.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=8036

Looks really good to me, however a bit on the small scale, looks about the same size or smaller than 8109

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's something different which is welcome, but I think the execution looks poor from those admittedly not great photos. Wonder if it's the same designer as 42008.

Images at last! :) Courtesy of brickshelf.com
    42020.jpg
    42021.jpg
    42022.jpg
    42023.jpg
    42024_front.jpg
    42025.jpg
    42026.jpg
    42027.jpg

Not a single set that I would even remotely want :(.

• Advertisement

I like the Skip truck, not so sure on the Cargo plane, although I'll hold out final judgement until I see what the B models are like and pricing.

Very little interest in the smaller models myself though.

Definitely picking up the plane... and that's it. I was curious about the snow mobile, but having seen it there's not a hope I'm touching it. Hate these pull back yokes, really do feel the standard has been pretty poor lately.

Definitely picking up the plane... and that's it. I was curious about the snow mobile, but having seen it there's not a hope I'm touching it. Hate these pull back yokes, really do feel the standard has been pretty poor lately.

The only thing I can see in a plane - a good source of white panels and parts. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

When will these be out? I've only recently started with lego technic so would like to expand my collection :)

That plane looks great, definitely picking it up. Skip loader looks worse every time I see it.

Review of the Snowmobile http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=8693

I think the plane is a bit plain (sorry) without the stickers on it, the pictures in the above review are a bit bland imo. I'll still be getting it though.

Another review of the Cargo Plane http://www.technicbricks.com/2013/11/tbs-techreview-29-42025-cargo-plane.html

Check out the B Model, it's a hovercraft!!

42025_B1.jpg

135eu for a plane... No thank you...

Review for the skip, not too sure on the b model.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89103

• Advertisement

Some news (well speculation) about the h2 sets here http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85899&st=875#entry1777628. A Hungarian site has published prices and piece counts for two h2 sets. A lot of speculation that the flagship model may be RC with the price/piece count.

If flagship going to be an RC car/truck, then I am going to be a very happy bunny. I have to be honest, mk2 crane was a disappointing flagship ( for me).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I've ordered the little helicopter on Lego.com (to get the free shipping :D) so will post up when I get it.

I have to say 42024 is growing on me. I think I will get it for sure when it is available again. Though date got changed 3 times today alone on lego.com...
    Those wheels will become very handy.

The planes has a lot of white parts that I would kill for, but 130eu is not worth it. Way too overprised in my eyes.

Flagship model this year appears to be a Volvo L350F Front Loader. It will apparently be fully RC. The only picture I can find is this fuzzy one http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vcztee&s=5#.UthYbbSFOp4

Flagship model this year appears to be a Volvo L350F Front Loader. It will apparently be fully RC. The only picture I can find is this fuzzy one http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vcztee&s=5#.UthYbbSFOp4

Aye, it is floating on euro bricks for some time. I have to say that I am very very disappointed. I was glad to hear RC bit, but god dammit... another construction vehicle! :mad:

The sad thing is, that most likely I will buy it because of all the Motors and servo.

Argos are taking forever with the new sets. Have an all-for-one voucher thats crying out to be used.

Can it be used in Smyths? According to the Smyths website some of the new sets are already in stock in some stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Can it be used in Smyths? According to the Smyths website some of the new sets are already in stock in some stores.

All the new sets bar the huge plane are in stock...lol, the plane is the only one i want so......:rolleyes:

Not the best sets this year, really wish they would make HUGE sets....even bigger then 42009, 3 or 4 thousand piece sets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

There is already one of them :confused:

Advertisement