Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon black Friday week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Will amazon uk have cyber Monday deals today?
    I cannot see no cyber deals on amazon ?

There are deals they're just not very good and not very cyber. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/deals-offers-savings/b/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27?ie=UTF8&node=350613011

It's kind of strange really, Amazon.de don't seem to have any cyber monday deals either despite the fact that they had a banner on the homepage counting down to it the whole of last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've been keeping an eye on Amazon most of last week and maybe it's me but their "deals" weren't particularly great for the most part I thought, and anything that might have been of interest sold out so fast as to be pointless.

January sale next I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nero123

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on Amazon most of last week and maybe it's me but their "deals" weren't particularly great for the most part I thought, and anything that might have been of interest sold out so fast as to be pointless.

January sale next I guess.

Found it was the exact same.. I felt I was trampled on by a virtual queue for anything good that came up!!..waste of time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I had a couple of things I was looking for come up and I got maybe 20% off. Which isn't earth shattering but I was going to buy them> very anyway. Nothing so cheap I couldn't say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

got stuff earlier in the week but saw that some prices went up not long before the sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Was going to post about amazon Germany, but here is a list of a lot of stores/sites partaking in cyber monday - http://www.cybermonday.de/

Unfortunately feck all links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i think it was important to check camelcamelcamel.com because you need to see what exactly is a good bargain on amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

TheDriver wrote: »
    i think it was important to check camelcamelcamel.com because you need to see what exactly is a good bargain on amazon

Very handy site, as you can set it for email reminders if the price changes, although Amazon's Wishlist sometimes tells me on the way to the checkout also if the price increases/decreases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i got everything that i tried to get....didnt get let down once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Got an email this morning to say that none of my items could be delivered. This is the same address I use all the time for amazon. Anybody else have the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have got everything so far, I was out of work sick yesterday, came in this morning and there was 10 packages there for me including the TV from Amazon Germany :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

tony1980 wrote: »
    I have got everything so far, I was out of work sick yesterday, came in this morning and there was 10 packages there for me including the TV from Amazon Germany :D

that the buggering LG one I missed out on and am still annoyed about ?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

The feckers still havn't even shipped mine :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got an unexpected mail from them yesterday giving me a goodwill refund on a netgear wifi repeater because they felt they could have offered a better price! €5 back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

My TV is being "transported to the delivery depot" since 2:50pm yesterday. Hoping it gets to me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

Still haven't received my gopro, account says dispatch process started. Was on to support, want to get annoyed but remembering this
    http://www.channel4.com/news/anger-at-amazon-working-conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

shipping is very bad. they seem to be using fastway couriers now too instead of an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

deegs wrote: »
    Still haven't received my gopro, account says dispatch process started. Was on to support, want to get annoyed but remembering this
    http://www.channel4.com/news/anger-at-amazon-working-conditions

Mine arrived today. Ordered on Tuesday the 26th. So took 9 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, delivery is slow at the minute, my multi orders are taking around 7-9days to deliver when at normal times I'd expect 2-4days.

I received 3 books I ordered within about 3 days, came via An Post. These weren't part of the Black Friday deals but it seems delivery a bit hit and miss at the moment. Not too surprising when Monday was busiest day of the year for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i made two separate orders,

1: 27th November - Dispatched Due today - just arrived with An Post, its all books though, i have more books arriving on monday so i'll update then with which courier.

2: 30th November - Dispatched due monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Some stuff I ordered took longer than usual, others super quick. I guess they are getting hammered at this time of year. Stupid amount of orders per second.

I'd love to see the stats! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Every thing I ordered more than 5 days ago has arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

jmch81 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. Ordered on Tuesday the 26th. So took 9 days.
    Yep I ordered Friday.
    Was hoping it was outta stock and I'd get a black+
    But alas no, shipping today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

mcg1987 wrote: »
    that the buggering LG one I missed out on and am still annoyed about ?? :p

That's the one :D

jid3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

tony1980 wrote: »
    That's the one :D

bolocks ye ! hope it's as good as it looked!

mcg1987 wrote: »
    bolocks ye ! hope it's as good as it looked!

I would like to second this :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Are Amazon not using An Post?

• Advertisement

Are Amazon not using An Post?

I got Books delivered by An Post so still using them. Maybe not for all orders.

Said something would be delivered yesterday hasn't come today yet, any hope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They sometimes use a courier. Don't know how they decide, but I got powerline adapters through Fastway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

shot2go wrote: »
    shipping is very bad. they seem to be using fastway couriers now too instead of an post.

I had pre-ordered a PS4, it has been stuck in An Posts Dublin Depot since Friday and they say they are massively backed up on Amazon orders and it might get to me by next Tuesday!!!

Meanwhile my Amazon orders coming by Fastway are coming very fast, arriving 2 days ahead of schedule!!!

I wish Amazon had sent my PS4 by Fastway :(

PS Maybe Amazon know about this backlog at An Post, so they are sending everything by Fastway now instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I've had 5 packages from Amazon all arrive by An Post within 3 days of ordering since the lightning deals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My last two orders were via UPS, another on today via UPS also...last week was via Fastway and An Post, nearly there with the XMas shopping now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eimerom

Ordered 5 items in the same order last week, one of those is coming with An Post while the rest are with UPS.

Got it (An Post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Bought stuff Monday and Tuesday of last week, both were being sent with iparcel/fastway. Got my Monday order delivered on Monday just gone, and my Tuesday order might be here tomorrow if im lucky, its going around the country at the minute! So it'll be nearly two weeks wait.
    An Post used to have my orders to me in 2 or 3 days.

My TV from Amazon.de is going with DHL. Still no update since it arrived in Ireland on Tuesday. As usual, Irish side of things slowing everything up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Got an email to say they couldn't deliver to Ireland. Informed them that the address was in the UK. They said that's ok they'd ship them.

2 days later no change in order status, emailed them again. Day later they emailed to say they would only ship to the UK. Told them it was a UK shipping address, day later they emailed back to say goods were in stock and would be shipped.

2 days later, no change in order, requested a callback. Callback came within minutes. Was told they couldn't ship to Ireland, asked them to check my delivery address, UK. Then was told they were probably out of stock, that a lot of items were out of stock.

Absolute disaster dealing with Amazon. Have wasted 12 days already on this item and it's looking like it won't ship at all.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Got an email to say they couldn't deliver to Ireland. Informed them that the address was in the UK. They said that's ok they'd ship them.

2 days later no change in order status, emailed them again. Day later they emailed to say they would only ship to the UK. Told them it was a UK shipping address, day later they emailed back to say goods were in stock and would be shipped.

2 days later, no change in order, requested a callback. Callback came within minutes. Was told they couldn't ship to Ireland, asked them to check my delivery address, UK. Then was told they were probably out of stock, that a lot of items were out of stock.

Absolute disaster dealing with Amazon. Have wasted 12 days already on this item and it's looking like it won't ship at all.

Is that Amazon UK? They're customer service is usually pretty good, odd that they're being so unhelpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

My ssd came from UK. Ordered Friday arrived today by AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

So far this week (I was busy at deals ) I got deliveries with An Post, Fastway(from i-parcel), UPS, DHL

I also have one thing that was returned undelivered to amazon, but tracking number never worked...

Other item has been delivered twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once dispatched, only the item using iParcel took a while. Seemingly takes 3 days between the time it leaves UK and arrives in Ireland. Still waiting on Hobbit blu ray I ordered on Sunday. Dispatch mail received yesterday at 4:30 so be interesting to see if i get it tomorrow or Monday.

Wonder how they decide to ship items. I assumed larger items use a courier but if sending PS4 by An Post, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Sorry I haven't been following the post in case you've already said but what did you order? There are certain items that they will only deliver to UK mainland and won't deliver to Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

cam across a seller on adverts selling the gopro, crucial ssd, 3ds xl and logitech ue phones at near original retail prices - chancer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

sweetie wrote: »
    cam across a seller on adverts selling the gopro, crucial ssd, 3ds xl and logitech ue phones at near original retail prices - chancer!

Did you report them?

Edit - found his profile - he has tonnes of items from Black Friday for sale! Scumbag!

In fairness, he's not doing anything the shops aren't. Also, he would've paid for them all, and is risking a bit. He may be left with many of those items for a while, and may have to eventually drop them to a lower price, as they may all go down. It's a risk i wouldn't take.

For example, I doubt he'll sell the UE 4000 for €90.
    If someone knows how to use adverts, you'd imagine they know how to use google.

- I just checked it there, he's in luck. First result IS logitech website, but typical Google fashion, it's the U.S. page. If it had been a European result, it would show the proper price for them.

TP Link is cheaper on amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA850RE-300Mbps-Universal-Extender/dp/B00AHXXJVW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote: »
    In fairness, he's not doing anything the shops aren't. Also, he would've paid for them all, and is risking a bit. He may be left with many of those items for a while, and may have to eventually drop them to a lower price, as they may all go down. It's a risk i wouldn't take.

For example, I doubt he'll sell the UE 4000 for €90.
    If someone knows how to use adverts, you'd imagine they know how to use google.

- I just checked it there, he's in luck. First result IS logitech website, but typical Google fashion, it's the U.S. page. If it had been a European result, it would show the proper price for them.

TP Link is cheaper on amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA850RE-300Mbps-Universal-Extender/dp/B00AHXXJVW

I might make an offer for them! :)

sweetie wrote: »
    I might make an offer for them! :)

and the SSD and the Go Pro Black edition.. :)

If anyone searches for any of them, they'll find them in the first results cheaper than he's selling them, and with a shop to go return to/warranty/peace of mind. I can't imagine he'll make much selling them at those prices.

Fair play to him if he does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement