Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool -vs- Arsenal, 1245, SS2

1181920212224»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Look, I have been out plenty of times on this side of the world watching many a soccer game, Everything from World cup knock outs games to EPL, CL and La Liga. At all hours of the night. Nothing should excuse what happened. Drink or no drink invovled. The closest I got to any thing like this was a few years ago in NZ when Arsenal were playing spurs at 2:00 am!. About 10 v 10. All fair game but as usual one or two take it personally. It was all good. Arsenal won 3-0 in the end!:D

What I was tonight was a disgrace and I hope the bar in question will consider their continued support for this supporters club. Somehow I am not surprised though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jank wrote: »
    Yeap! Bunch of twats if you ask me.
    Singing "cockney scum" when they are all from western Sydney. Get a ****ing life!

Ha I'll pass on your feedback when I'm talking to them next :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ha I'll pass on your feedback when I'm talking to them next :D

Tell them to try that in Liverpool or any English city if they are brave enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

jank wrote: »
    Look, I have been out plenty of times on this side of the world watching many a soccer game, Everything from World cup knock outs games to EPL, CL and La Liga. At all hours of the night. Nothing should excuse what happened. Drink or no drink invovled. The closest I got to any thing like this was a few years ago in NZ when Arsenal were playing spurs at 2:00 am!. About 10 v 10. All fair game but as usual one or two take it personally. It was all good. Arsenal won 3-0 in the end!:D

What I was tonight was a disgrace and I hope the bar in question will consider their continued support for this supporters club. Somehow I am not surprised though.

Well at least you admit it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Unbelievable scoreline. Liverpool absolutely hammered Arsenal in all but scoreline. We should have been three or four up at half time. If it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it!

It sums up our season though. Too many silly points dropped at Anfield when we should have got all three. I can't even say any Liverpool player was poor. It was an absolutely brilliant performance from Liverpool.

We really need to get an out and out goalscorer into that club.

Van Persie's goals were quality. The cross from Sagna for the first was sublime!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Liverpool's starting 11 had 12 goals between them, missed a penalty and needed us to score for them. We have Robin van Persie in our team and he scores when he wants, maybe it's not so surprising we took all 3 points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

tumblr_m0b936SzSv1r1f2u6o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

kmart6 wrote: »
    tumblr_m0b936SzSv1r1f2u6o1_400.gif

Good saves, but a bad penalty and as flaccid a shot as you'll see for the rebound.

Penalties are supposed to be beyond the reach of even the best saves.
    Sods law we'd have Gerrard out.

After the shoot out penalty last week I thought it might've been a blip after having a magnificent record in penalties but that's curtains for the Dirkmeister i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ah **** it, I don't care. What's the point? We'll beat them up and down the park and still lose and then be told that Arsenal actually "deserved" it.

Carving them up and not having it reflected on the score board is so annoying. Too many times this year.

Quote of the thread, summed it up perfectly. Felt exactly the same after that Suarez miss where he tore past five of the Arsenal backline. Sometimes yer destined to not win a game, unfortunately too common this season

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Gbear wrote: »
    Good saves, but a bad penalty and as flaccid a shot as you'll see for the rebound.

Penalties are supposed to be beyond the reach of even the best saves.
    Sods law we'd have Gerrard out.

After the shoot out penalty last week I thought it might've been a blip after having a magnificent record in penalties but that's curtains for the Dirkmeister i'd say.

Not only that but Henderson is running straight on to the rebound and Dirk blocks him off when he didn't have time to get his foot around it himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ha, love how confident Adam is that he's gonna take the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LOL @ the commentator on MOTD saying it was a peno :) Even using the zoom in replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

copacetic wrote: »
    Not only that but Henderson is running straight on to the rebound and Dirk blocks him off when he didn't have time to get his foot around it himself.

I dont think Kuyt knows he's there, he doesnt look around. At the very least I doubt he was fully sure it was one of his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

:) i made it on to tv lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Adam was pathetic yesterday. I know people six feet under that would have been more use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Adam was pathetic yesterday. I know people six feet under that would have been more use.

Like who? they would be available fairly cheap I assume? Can they help me lay a wooden floor?

Advertisement