Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

tommyhaas wrote: »
    This is my point though, they're not a religion, they're separate to the religion. People may have legitimate gripes with the Orange order that aren't religiously motivated, so I think the argument could be made that the term dob, while highly offensive, is not sectarian

Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted

You're apologising to me??:confused: No need, i can throw it out so dont mind taking it

Yes I can admit when I am wrong and I said these things in temper I presume you didn't realise we had some lowlifes in our support because you have had no reason to encounter them

And you will find I am always man enough to apologise if its warranted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Try telling that to Police in Scotland along with the term Fenian Bastard the point is they used the tern OB to mean Protestant of that I have no doubt so in my mind its bigoted

Yea point taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It seems celtic fans have nothing to talk about in regards to their own team, so the next best thing is to talk about The Rangers.

Oh I think they will have plenty to talk about now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

PauloMN wrote: »

Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon ;)

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not really Paul they have been hitting us a lot harder than you so those numbers don't surprise me I won't be surprised to see you lot catch up fairly soon ;)

Even funnier you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground with these numbers

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:

Not at all, just keeping things in perspective mate. Are you suggesting The Rangers have been unfairly targetted?

This below is taking moral high ground if ever I saw it:

Hardly taking the moral high ground I pointed out you would have plenty to talk about
    No I am not suggesting that at all as I have said we deserve all we get of morons sing songs
    But there seems to be some sort of shock among many tic fans that you are being liked at and that is what I find funny for years a significant amount have sung songs glorifying a proscribed terrorist organisation and got away with it I don't think they will anymore
    As I have repeatedly said I remember when songs were sung and people just got on with it.

• Advertisement

It is always off the field discussions these days with celtic fans. If it isn't the tax case, it is offensive singing. Perhaps a discussion on how The Rangers are walking to the title would be good. And I say that because it seems no matter how bad the result is for celtic, Neil Lennon will still have a job.

It is rather incredible. Any other manager and he would be sacked by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

It is always off the field discussions these days with celtic fans. If it isn't the tax case, it is offensive singing. Perhaps a discussion on how The Rangers are walking to the title would be good. And I say that because it seems no matter how bad the result is for celtic, Neil Lennon will still have a job.

It is rather incredible. Any other manager and he would be sacked by now.

I think if you opened your eyes you'd see there has been plenty of dicussion on how Rangers are walking to the title but the other things are being dicussed as like it or not Rangers tax case could have a huge bearing not just on the destination of the league title but also the future of the SPL.

I'm sure you're also aware that Lennon is far from secure in his job and in truth is on the brink of losing it but let's not let the facts get in the way of your petty little rant! ;)

RoryMac wrote: »
    I think if you opened your eyes you'd see there has been plenty of dicussion on how Rangers are walking to the title but the other things are being dicussed as like it or not Rangers tax case could have a huge bearing not just on the destination of the league title but also the future of the SPL.

I'm sure you're also aware that Lennon is far from secure in his job and in truth is on the brink of losing it but let's not let the facts get in the way of your petty little rant! ;)
    On the brink? He was on the brink 4 or 5 games ago. The truth is the celtic fans just won't put real pressure on Lennon like they did with Mowbray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

RoryMac wrote: »

On the brink? He was on the brink 4 or 5 games ago. The truth is the celtic fans just won't put real pressure on Lennon like they did with Mowbray.

I don't see a big difference between the treatment of Mowbray and Lennon to be honest although I do think Lennon deserves a bit more time after turning around the mess Mowbray left.

When I say Lennon is on the brink I mean he's 1 really bad result away from losing his job, similar to the situation that ended Mowbray's time in charge. Although Celtic's so far decent performances in Europe may buy him a little more time.

I suppose that means Ally is just a few bad league performances away from the sack after his poor European record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Sure why not, how's the tax case coming along? Not heard much lately, is it all over and done with now?? Good on you

Sure why not, how's the tax case coming along? Not heard much lately, is it all over and done with now?? Good on you
    Don't know. I ask celtic fans for the latest on it. They are good at updating us on it. They come to us when they need to know about the league table positions.:p

• Advertisement

Don't know. I ask celtic fans for the latest on it. They are good at updating us on it. They come to us when they need to know about the league table positions.:p
    That's it, pretend it doesn't exist.

That's it, pretend it doesn't exist.
    What the same as you lot on here are ignoring the singing charges ;) lol

Who's ignoring those BBE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Hillarious. No one is ignoring them.

Who's ignoring those BBE?
    Wasn't aimed at most of you Paul but you know as well as I do when it was us certain people were never off telling us how bad we were as fans and how bad the club was you lnow it's true

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

A Muslim Rangers supporter who chanted sectarian remarks at a game at Ibrox Stadium has been fined £600.

Abdul Rafiq, 41, the only Muslim member of the English Defence League, was arrested at Rangers friendly game with Chelsea on 6 August.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court he pleaded guilty to religiously aggravated breach of the peace by shouting, swearing and uttering sectarian remarks.

Sheriff John McCormick also imposed a five year football banning order.

The court heard that Rafiq, from Kelvinbridge, Glasgow, was heard shouting phrases which hit out at Catholics and the Pope.

Fiscal depute Seana Doherty, prosecuting said: "The accused was standing in the Govan front stand wearing a flag around his shoulders bearing the Red Hand of Ulster logo.

"He was wearing an umbrella stand hat which was red white and blue and also had the Red Hand of Ulster logo on it, and carrying a blue Rangers backpack.

"He was seen by three police officers to stand up from the seat and chant sectarian phrases."

The court was told Rafiq was warned by the officers to stop but continued and was arrested.

Defence lawyer Ashley Kane told the court: "Mr Rafiq is a member of the English Defence League, as a result of his membership to this and him being the only Muslim member of the organisation he does stand out."

She said that he has been a Rangers fan for the majority of his life and has attended matches and sung songs.

Ms Kane added: "At the time of the offence he didn't believe that his actions were offending anyone."

She also said that if he had known he was offending anybody he would not have acted in that way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-15777852

What a strange chap:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

How does a Muslim end up as a member of the EDL?

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    How does a Muslim end up as a member of the EDL?

I'm lost with this chap although I've heard about him before. He tried hard to fit in and obviously too hard because he's got himself nicked:D

Young Celtic fan is one of the leading members of the BNP here in Scotland, he's afraid to show his face around Celtic park now he's been outed by the press. And with good reason ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Abdul Rafiq, 41, the only Muslim member of the English Defence League, was arrested at Rangers friendly game with Chelsea on 6 August.

Reminds me of this lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Like the recent IRA chants at Celtic, all sectarian chanting will hopefully be wiped out in Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mod Note:

Rangers fan news story moved into this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=99

So anyway, it looks like ESPN will be covering the HSV - Rangers friendly. Their schedule says ''LIVE FRIENDLY MATCH'' for the 29th at 18.15 :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    2h2p0mq.jpg

I see they've started tearing down Ibrox, must be close to bankrupcy then.
    Oh no, wait, that's a club which is about to be stripped of all it's titles and cups putting in brand new screens.
    Don't think the pic works.

But yeah, let them talk away. While we win the title. Follow Follow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Politics forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=99

This is to talk about football. Everything on politics was deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

What a strange chap:D

To say the least.
    Everyone who's seen him or talked to him can testify that the guy isn't exactly right in the head.

Pish, awful, dreadful performance. Sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

If,and its a big if we keep winning-the OF game at Paradise over the Christmas could make things very interesting.Rangers were always papering over the cracks.Lets all hope those cracks develop into chasms:D.Nae Naisy

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    If,and its a big if we keep winning-the OF game at Paradise over the Christmas could make things very interesting.Rangers were always papering over the cracks.Lets all hope those cracks develop into chasms:D.Nae Naisy
    Celtic are still not that good, so it should be ok. This happens after international week.

Celtic are still not that good, so it should be ok. This happens after international week.
    Celtic are not that good.Agreed. But rangers arent exactly the Brazilians of Scotland.This league is far from over.All Im saying.Nae naisy:D

Celtic are not that good.Agreed. But rangers arent exactly the Brazilians of Scotland.This league is far from over.All Im saying.Nae naisy:D
    OF games are always big but I do fancy this Rangers side to win the title. I think the mental strength and defence is on our side.

If Rangers are papering over the cracks, what are Celtic doing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Re-plastering the wall :P

With what, ****e ? :D

• Advertisement

Rangers can't be accused of papering over the cracks. Look at our clean sheet records, our unbeaten record and our points lead in the title race which is still a lot in terms of the SPL.

A league season is long. It is a long road ahead.

Rangers can't be accused of papering over the cracks. Look at our clean sheet records, our unbeaten record and our points lead in the title race which is still a lot in terms of the SPL.

A league season is long. It is a long road ahead.
    Exactly.Wheres yeer saviour?The boy naisy?OH. There she is on the sideline.She tried to break an Aberdeen lads leg and 5 mins later fcucked up shes leg:D.Boo hoo.Naisy got KARMA. BIG STYLE.

Exactly.Wheres yeer saviour?The boy naisy?OH. There she is on the sideline.She tried to break an Aberdeen lads leg and 5 mins later fcucked up shes leg:D.Boo hoo.Naisy got KARMA. BIG STYLE.
    I think you are overrating Naismith. A fine player indeed but we can cope without him. We dropped points but the same happened at the last international week and I am pretty sure Naismith played then.

I think you are overrating Naismith. A fine player indeed but we can cope without him. We dropped points but the same happened at the last international week and I am pretty sure Naismith played then.
    Yee dont need that diving,cheating b? Your history dictates that ye need at least one cheat in yeer make up.Oh silly me-Your manager springs to mind.;)

With what, ****e ? :D

When january comes, we'll have money to buy things. Ye wont, infact the tax fraud case will be starting around then, wont it?

Dempsey wrote: »
    When january comes, we'll have money to buy things. Ye wont, infact the tax fraud case will be starting around then, wont it?
    Now,now the queen wants whats rightfully hers:D.Ha ha.Gotta laugh at the deluded rangers fans.Singing God save the queen, when the queen is hunting em down for their tax rebates:)

• Advertisement

Sums what up?

You will still be rubbish. The Rangers will win 4 in a row.

the rangers are taking a lot for granted.Lets see how it pans out.Lets see.

Did I hit a nerve?! :pac:

Did I hit a nerve?! :pac:
    How could it? Its celtic who are behind in the race.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement