Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Madrid a goal down at home after 12 minutes.
    Seems to be normal for them to concede first and then go on to swamp the opposition.
    Hopefully Levante have more resolve.
    It's also normal for Madrid to get a peno and the opposition to have a man sent off in the Bernabeu lately aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Real left off the hook.
    1-1 ,Real gifted a penalty and Levante a man down due to some outrageous refereeing.
    The authorities are doing their best to make sure the league ends up in the Bernabeu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Dotsey wrote: »
    It's also normal for Madrid to get a peno and the opposition to have a man sent off in the Bernabeu lately aswell

You can't argue with the decision.

It was a clear handball in the box which was a penalty, and handball is a mandatory booking in Spain.

2 yellows = red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Almost as regular an occurance as it has been for Barca for a long time now eh!

Real left off the hook.
    1-1 ,Real gifted a penalty and Levante a man down due to some outrageous refereeing.
    The authorities are doing their best to make sure the league ends up in the Bernabeu.

This

this statement is whats wrong with the attitude in a lot of Barcelona supporters.

There was no outrageous refereeing, that is a ridiculous thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Real left off the hook.
    it was only 2 hands he used
    but Real do get alot of penalties
    but they had a Benzema goal incorectly called offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Blatter wrote: »
    You can't argue with the decision.

It was a clear handball in the box which was a penalty, and handball is a mandatory booking in Spain.

2 yellows = red
    It was a handball but Gerry Armstrong exaggerated it, he simply misjudged the flight of the ball in a tussle and it got caught in his arms on the way down.

I know what the rules in Spain are but it was still harsh for something obviously accidental.

It was a handball but Gerry Armstrong exaggerated it, he simply misjudged the flight of the ball in a tussle and it got caught in his arms on the way down.

I know what the rules in Spain are but it was still harsh for something obviously accidental.

But the point is that the referee made the correct call. It's not his fault you perceive that particular rule to be harsh.

kryogen wrote: »
    This

this statement is whats wrong with the attitude in a lot of Barcelona supporters.

There was no outrageous refereeing, that is a ridiculous thing to say.

It was handball but it wasnt intentional.He wasnt even looking at the ball when it hit him and Higuain had nudged him off balance .
    Handball most be intentional to be a penalty .
    Why would he handle the ball ,there was no incentive to do so .

None of the pundits on Sky thought it was a penalty or a booking.

Real have been getting huge amounts of luck with refereeing decisions all season long ,there is no doubt about that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Real left off the hook.

That is a ludicrous statement. It was a definite handball. His hands were up in the air for crying out loud. Handballs are yellows in La Liga. Honestly, come on like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Real have been getting huge amounts of luck with refereeing decisions all season long ,there is no doubt about that .

No offense, but in terms of lucky refereing decisions, Barcelona get more than their fair share. Case in point, Pintos clear handball against Valencia, which was a sending off offence, and he didn't even get carded. And the sending off tonight was the right decision, nothing lucky about it.

I've had the feeling since the pre-season that Barcelona are on a bit of a downward turn. They played an experimental team last night but they need to do this as they need to give the talent they have coming through a chance. The likes of Xavi and Puyol aren't going to be around too much longer and they need experience players to fill their roles. My guess is that there will be a bit of a dip but they'll come back soon enough firing on all cyclinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

don't be all crazy now. Barça have had nowhere near the fair share of calls this season.

I'm waiting and waiting for these things to even out, because they usually do in sport. still though, not yet :(

pity about the game killer before HT in Madrid, CL priority for Barça now. difficult to see past one of the top two in Spain winning the CL too. lightyears ahead of anything in England atm, best bet is maybe Bayern stopping them (not very likely, but obviously possible)

PHB wrote: »
    That is a ludicrous statement. It was a definite handball. His hands were up in the air for crying out loud. Handballs are yellows in La Liga. Honestly, come on like

Must have been a different incident you saw ,because his hands were down by his side .
    It was a very harsh penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Must have been a different incident you saw ,because his hands were down by his side .
    It was a very harsh penalty.

He caught the ball!!!

Hands down by his side? Honestly?

192510.png

It was handball but it wasnt intentional.He wasnt even looking at the ball when it hit him and Higuain had nudged him off balance .
    Handball most be intentional to be a penalty .
    Why would he handle the ball ,there was no incentive to do so .

None of the pundits on Sky thought it was a penalty or a booking.

It was a penalty, it was a yellow card as per the rules, two yellows equal a red. you thinking it was harsh is irrelevant, the ref made the correct decision.

What is this need to blame someone if things go against you?

If you want to look for a reason why the title is heading int he direction of Madrid then surely you could loook at your own under performing team?

Madrid arent influencing them to lose and draw in games they would expect to win are they? come on man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The league is as good as over now but if Real cant actually beat Barcelona in a match this season or knock them out of the CL then it will be a tarnished title. If Barca win the CL and Copa then their laugh is loudest. Barca have proved the past few seasons that they have the edge over Madrid. Madrid can win the League but Barca would still kick their arse in a match. CL here we come for Barca.

As much as you would like it to be a tarnished title it wont be.

It will be a recognition that Madrid have been the best team in Spain over the course of the season, it will be a break in the dominance of Barcelona domestically. It will be as good an achievement as it always was and will be.

You wont be able to take the shine off it, you give a United fan the choice he will happily lose to City home and away as long as United lift the trophy at the end of the season.

Rather then being sad bitter individuals Barca fans would do well to simply applaud and recognize the achievement of the Champions elect and do what they can in the next season to improve themselves again and regain the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Warper wrote: »
    The league is as good as over now but if Real cant actually beat Barcelona in a match this season or knock them out of the CL then it will be a tarnished title. If Barca win the CL and Copa then their laugh is loudest. Barca have proved the past few seasons that they have the edge over Madrid. Madrid can win the League but Barca would still kick their arse in a match. CL here we come for Barca.

Nonsense. Id prefer lose twice to the regime and win the league than beat them twice and not. Nothing tainted about it that way.

I would love if Barca tonked Real again in the CL, but I would prefer it more if CSKA did a job on them in this round and not have to worry about them. Would not make that CL win tainted would it?

Rather then being sad bitter individuals Barca fans would do well to simply applaud and recognize the achievement of the Champions and do what they can in the next season to improve themselves again and regain the title.

Barca are the Champions at the moment, and will be until someone else wins it this season. Now, had you said Champions elect, it would be adifferent story.

• Advertisement

It will be as good an achievement as it always was and will be.

wouldn't really, though.
    you give a United fan the choice he will happily lose to City home and away as long as United lift the trophy at the end of the season.

bit different lol.

Shoe on the other foot I would be taunting "we let ye beat us twice and ye useless fucks still could not win the league".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭TheLynx

A good day for Real Madrid,
    A good day for fans of football and how it should be played

TheLynx wrote: »

you're awful at this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

TheLynx wrote: »

Oh stop, you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Real are a great side & the next time they play Barca they will have more confidence cuz of the 2-2 draw at Camp Nou
    Ronaldo's 3rd goal tonight was some strike

• Advertisement

wouldn't really, though.

bit different lol.

You're wrong.

Your wrong.

I'm never wrong.

I'm never wrong.

Would you settle for, your post was retarded?

Would you settle for, your post was retarded?

Bit rich when you don't know the difference between your and you're, tbf :(

Bit rich when you don't know the difference between your and you're, tbf :(

Now that is brilliant!

Such failure in this post :)

the awkward moment when you try to be clever and end up looking like a bigger tool!

Edit:

Helpful link for you

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

• Advertisement

You did say "Your wrong".

I'm not even a grammar nazi, but if you're going to call my post retarded, glass houses and all that..

Ah come on everybody, lets talk about the football.

Real Madrid have been by far the best team in Spain this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I don't particularly like Madrid or Barca, (well I guess I should state that I despise the former, and don't really like the latter) but the standard of refereeing in recent La Liga games has been disgraceful, and it largely seems to be favouring Real Madrid.

Basically every game that Barca have dropped points in there have been some massive calls that have gone against them, while Madrid have had a number of very soft decisions go in their favour, such as Ramos staying on today, the offside against Mallorca etc.

You did say "Your wrong".

I'm not even a grammar nazi, but if you're going to call my post retarded, glass houses and all that..

Ah but the post you quoted had the correct grammar didn't it!

Your post was retarded, but I have no issue with your grammar, you can use it correctly or incorrectly, won't upset me, just the opinion at the heart of it.

Grammar nazi = strange bunch tbh

Blatter is perfectly right, Madrid have been the best team in Spain by a distance this season, and if they do go on to win the title it will be fully deserved and completely tarnish free.

To say anything else is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Ronaldo is immense

Another Hatrick.

The man is unbelievable.

He is a goal scoring freak plain and simple :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

wrong thread guys...

What is this need to blame someone if things go against you?

If you want to look for a reason why the title is heading int he direction of Madrid then surely you could loook at your own under performing team?

Madrid arent influencing them to lose and draw in games they would expect to win are they? come on man

I didnt realise Barcelona were my team ,I'm a Man Utd supporter .
    I actually have more Real Madrid football jerseys that Barcelona if you must know .:)
    I like both teams,I watch all their matches but I prefer Barcelona.

I agree that Barcelona have been poor in the league this season especially away from home and Real have been the more consistent team.
    Barcelona have already dropped the same number of points this season than in the whole of last season (18).
    Thats the primary reason they are 10 points behind.

Saying that Real have had alot of good fortune ,only last month they should have been 2-0 down against Mallorca but for an outrageous offside decision.The same weekend Barcelona had a ball stopped on the line by an Espanyol player's hand in the last minute.Huge swing of fortune.
    I could list alot more incidents.

4 leagues in a row for Barcelona was always going to be a huge ask,historically its been an elusive challenge for many European greats.

On a side note its seems Ronaldo still hasnt scored from a free kick this season,his success rate last season was ~6% .I'm surprised he isnt removed of his duties.

Dont hate on the guy, it relates to Barcelona because.......that hattrick by Ronaldo tonight has made sure Real Madrid took full advantage of (yet another) Barcelona slip up pretty much guaranteeing that unless they have a monumental **** up then they will win the league.

Barcelona will not be La Liga champions for the first time in a number of seasons, maybe questions will start being asked of the current Barca team?

Although thats a little unfair, Madrid have been excellent and Ronaldo has been unbelievable all season so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭TheLynx

This Real Madrid team will be personified in songs for generations to come,

Viva los Blancos

• Advertisement

Ah but the post you quoted had the correct grammar didn't it!

Your post was retarded, but I have no issue with your grammar, you can use it correctly or incorrectly, won't upset me, just the opinion at the heart of it.

Grammar nazi = strange bunch tbh

hahahaha this guy. you could have just taken it on the chin, no big deal.

hahahaha this guy. you could have just taken it on the chin, no big deal.

Oh I do, and I apologize profusely for offending you with my poor grammar.

As you say, that is no big deal. Just a smokescreen to try hide your foolish post!

Im out, apologies to all for contributing to derailing the thread

it's alright, man.

As you say, that is no big deal. Just a smokescreen to try hide your foolish post!

Im out, apologies to all for contributing to derailing the thread

He is trying to wind you up like Mourinho.
    Next thing you know he will be waiting for you in the car park to give you a bollicking.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just to go back a few posts, I don't think anyone gives a fcuk about correct grammar in the SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

THFC wrote: »
    Just to go back a few posts, I don't think anyone gives a fcuk about correct grammar in the SF.

We do here on the Barcelona superthread. We expect a certain level of class befitting of the club itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    We do here on the Barcelona superthread. We expect a certain level of class befitting of the club itself.

I can't get the letters to fall over and roll around. Will italics do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

miralize wrote: »
    wrong thread guys...

A good point well made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Warper wrote: »

Winners win, losers engage in the above. If Madrid win the league, then they'll have won the league - and their laugh will be very loud indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

tolosenc wrote: »
    I can't get the letters to fall over and roll around. Will italics do?

Very, very nice. :)

Advertisement