Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Or maybe he's not willing to pay over the top for guys like Goodwillie :)

He had the money for Hemed, but Hemed decided he liked Spain more, which makes sense.
    Cuellar, I don't even know why he's in there, no bid has been made.

McLeish has said he is willing to let Cuellar come back to Ibrox for +-3 million.
    With Whitaker's agent saying that he doesn't want to stay we can get rid of him for a bit of money and then get Cuellar back, would be a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    McLeish has said he is willing to let Cuellar come back to Ibrox for +-3 million.
    With Whitaker's agent saying that he doesn't want to stay we can get rid of him for a bit of money and then get Cuellar back, would be a great deal.

Whitaker leaving would be a massive PR failure imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Whitaker leaving would be a massive PR failure imo.

Why :confused:

Why :confused:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3571796/Ill-pay-you-stay.html#ixzz1LtwIeEGf

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6992449,00.html

They shouldn't have emphasised so much that they want to hold on to the lad. You could argue that they were trying to push up the price but I think they risk swaying the fans against them.

• Advertisement

Doesn't mean anything if he wants to go fine he will be the loser as many fans will say he forgets all the times we have stood by him when his football has been garbage

And we are the big bad bigots :D

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/06/23/shock-for-hoops-fans-as-gaa-star-signs-for-rangers/

AN upcoming GAA star from Co Derry has confirmed that he has signed for Rangers.

Catholic Aaron McGregor, 17, is a regular with Limavady Wolfhounds GAA club and has just signed a two-year professional contract.

And it seems Rangers are going after more players from Ireland with a GAA background.

For Aaron won’t be the only player with a GAA background in the Rangers reserve and Under-19 squads he’ll initially be joining.

“Rangers is full of lads who have played Gaelic: there are five in the squad that Aaron’s joining, three Dublin fellas and one from Omagh, and three or four of the Rangers scouts had Celtic tattoos on them,” said his dad Michael.

“At this level it’s all about professionalism.

“The reaction locally has been brilliant, from all sides of the community. We have had so many phone calls wishing him well.

“We had a going away party for Aaron at the weekend and the turnout was mixed right down the middle. Everybody is very proud of him,” he said.

Said Aaron: "

“I was delighted when Rangers made an approach, it’s an opportunity to make a career as a full-time professional footballer,” he said.

“When you see Rangers’ facilities and their coaches, it’s a fantastic set-up. I’d been on trial with a few other teams — Bradford, Burnley and Aberdeen — but the Rangers set-up was the best.

“Bradford actually put a deal on the table, they offered a contract straight away. I was over three times with Burnley and they were in the process of bringing me over again when Rangers moved in between times. They moved very quickly once they had made their decision.”

So the prospect of a GAA-playing Co Derry man scoring against Celtic for Rangers has moved a step closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

So the prospect of a GAA-playing Co Derry man scoring against Celtic for Rangers has moved a step closer.[/QUOTE]

If he ever gets to play for the 'big' team that is - has any other Irish player been brought forward to play after the two year apprenticeship? Is this just not a cloak for Rangers to say they are not a sectarian club?:(

Madam wrote: »
    So the prospect of a GAA-playing Co Derry man scoring against Celtic for Rangers has moved a step closer.

If he ever gets to play for the 'big' team that is - has any other Irish player been brought forward to play after the two year apprenticeship? Is this just not a cloak for Rangers to say they are not a sectarian club?:([/QUOTE]

No its not and they have only started scouting here because of the abuse youngsters were getting from their own communities and I know this from at least one young boy personally

And Rangers as a club are not sectarian and haven't been for many years
    Yes we have an element within our support that we could do without but so do every other club including Celtic ;)

If he ever gets to play for the 'big' team that is - has any other Irish player been brought forward to play after the two year apprenticeship? Is this just not a cloak for Rangers to say they are not a sectarian club?:([/QUOTE]

The young goalie is about to break into the U19 at Rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

A proper scouting regime in Ireland could save Rangers a fortune and increase their PR no end.

If RFC were serious about the bigotry/anti-Irish nonsense that is a cancer on their club then there are a myriad of things they could do... but they seem to have no interest in stopping it.

The recent debacle with the authorities in Europe has always been a case of "We can't sing those songs because we'll face UEFA sanctions", not "We can't sing those songe because they're WRONG!"

Increase PR ?
    Bollocks, people who keep on about the whole 'No Irish players' thing will always find a way to blast Rangers.

First we didn't sign Catholics, that was proven wrong.
    Then we didn't sign the right Catholics (Italian, Spanish,...), that was wrong too.
    Then we didn't sign Irish Catholics, which we did.

What next, we never signed an Irishman from the Falls Road ?

We have signed more Irish players than we did Bosnians, Canadians, Chileans, Belgians, Croatians, Czechs, Egyptians, Finish, Germans, Greeks, Israeli's,...

If he ever gets to play for the 'big' team that is - has any other Irish player been brought forward to play after the two year apprenticeship? Is this just not a cloak for Rangers to say they are not a sectarian club?:(

A proper scouting regime in Ireland could save Rangers a fortune and increase their PR no end.

If RFC were serious about the bigotry/anti-Irish nonsense that is a cancer on their club then there are a myriad of things they could do... but they seem to have no interest in stopping it.

The recent debacle with the authorities in Europe has always been a case of "We can't sing those songs because we'll face UEFA sanctions", not "We can't sing those songe because they're WRONG!"[/QUOTE]

Actually Bobby you will find most people are saying these songs deserve to be left in the past pity Celtic fans can't don't seem to feel the same about there songs

No its not and they have only started scouting here because of the abuse youngsters were getting from their own communities and I know this from at least one young boy personally

Only started scouting here, or only started scouting for Catholic players here? :confused:

Only started scouting here, or only started scouting for Catholic players here? :confused:

Only started scouting here

If you know anything about Rangers you will know the scouting system at all levels was torn apart and we were left with a system that was worse than useless
    Really this whole not scouting for RC players has been over and done with for years its time people got used to the idea everyone that still thinks that way will have to find another stick to hit us with ;)

It's amazing that they're really only scouting a market so close to them now, as I said it's good PR and could potentially save them a fortune.

So it's only a money making thing for them, if they were serious about tackling anti-Irishness they could... but they choose not to.

Increase PR ?
    Bollocks, people who keep on about the whole 'No Irish players' thing will always find a way to blast Rangers.

Then we didn't sign the right Catholics (Italian, Spanish,...), that was wrong too.

We have signed more Irish players than we did Bosnians, Canadians, Chileans, Belgians, Croatians, Czechs, Egyptians, Finish, Germans, Greeks, Israeli's,...

In the last 60 years how many Irish fellas have played for RFC?

In the last 60 years how many Irish fellas have played for RFC?

Bobby Bobby Bobby not again :p
    You talk about moving on but the record seems to be stuck at this point
    Anyway lots of Irish Fellas have played for us maybe not the sort you want though
    It seems we are dammed if we do something positive and dammed if we don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ye sign a GAA player and think yer the epitome of social inclusion & tolerance, LOL

Dempsey wrote: »
    Ye sign a GAA player and think yer the epitome of social inclusion & tolerance, LOL

Where has that been said :confused:

• Advertisement

Seems like a broken record.

Where has that been said :confused:
    Increase PR ?

Bobby Bobby Bobby not again :p
    You talk about moving on but the record seems to be stuck at this point
    Anyway lots of Irish Fellas have played for us maybe not the sort you want though
    It seems we are dammed if we do something positive and dammed if we don't

This waffle, sounds like ye want to wear blinkers or forget the past.

The big hullabaloo about this player is that he is gaa player signing for Rangers and the reaction of those around the player and those at your club, not a sentence about this kids ability or potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

Agree with the above. That being said its a small, and welcome, step down on a long journey to maturity for this club.

Well, it's not that clear in my post but yes, I do agree that Rangers accepts everyone.

Remind me: How many Northern Irish Protestants have Celtic signed ?
    I won't bother with certain periods, you can just go back in the entire club history.
    Little hint: You don't need an entire hand to count them on.

Well, it's not that clear in my post but yes, I do agree that Rangers accepts everyone.

Remind me: How many Northern Irish Protestants have Celtic signed ?
    I won't bother with certain periods, you can just go back in the entire club history.
    Little hint: You don't need an entire hand to count them on.

To quote a protestant manager of Celtic

"Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?"
    "The Protestant"
    "Why?"
    "Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

You really going to convince yourself that Celtic didnt try to sign Northern Irish Protestants or discriminate players based on religion and background?

This waffle, sounds like ye want to wear blinkers or forget the past.

The big hullabaloo about this player is that he is gaa player signing for Rangers and the reaction of those around the player and those at your club, not a sentence about this kids ability or potential.

Se the point you make is invalid as the story or rather the reporting of it was nothing to do with Rangers I took it from a Donegal web paper
    No one is saying we should forget the past in fact its important we remember it so the same mistakes are never made again.
    But whereas we are moving on or at least trying to people like yourself still seem to want to revel in the past as far as Rangers are concerned is it because you know you are slowly loosing another stick to beat us with

nordydan wrote: »
    Agree with the above. That being said its a small, and welcome, step down on a long journey to maturity for this club.

Do you actually know anything about the club or are you just listening to other peoples waffle ??

To quote a protestant manager of Celtic

"Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?"
    "The Protestant"
    "Why?"
    "Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

You really going to convince yourself that Celtic didnt try to sign Northern Irish Protestants or discriminate players based on religion and background?

Jeez were you even born when the man said this that has been redundant for many years

Yeah the same manager that won the European cup for you and your great club offered him a job as a glorified salesman

Se the point you make is invalid as the story or rather the reporting of it was nothing to do with Rangers I took it from a Donegal web paper
    No one is saying we should forget the past in fact its important we remember it so the same mistakes are never made again.
    But whereas we are moving on or at least trying to people like yourself still seem to want to revel in the past as far as Rangers are concerned is it because you know you are slowly loosing another stick to beat us with

The source of the article is irrelevant to my point.

• Advertisement

The source of the article is irrelevant to my point.

I really give up how can Rangers get the blame the story came from the boys community but never mind eh as long as you believe its something else to have a dig at the club about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement