Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

My head hurts . This song does not suit either girl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That long dress on yer one is awful!! This is a good duet though!! I am so happy Bressie has great singers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Dat girl jumping so funny like as if there's ants in her pants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

great performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Dodgy dress alert!!!!!

And THAT dancing! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Engrish pliz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

Both good again but the bigger girl wins by a shade for me.

The one on the left is stronger!

amdublin wrote: »

Engrish pliz

The way in which the lady on the right was dancing made me wonder if there was ants in her pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is that tears in Bressies eyes,man up man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

God. Kathryn Thomas, you are a terrible presenter for this show.

Is that tears in Bressies eyes,man up man

Aaaaw :-) he's such a sweetie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

leahyl wrote: »
    The one on the left is stronger!

She also twice as heavy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

If west life didn't happen Cian said he would be on one of these shows. My arse, if west life didn't happen he would be a bin man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,025 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kian: If Westlife didnt happen I'd be on one of these shows

Yep and he'd get f*cking no where talentless arrogant git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

That Corr one has that Heroin look goin on, and I like it...

I really think Sharon and Bressie are genuinely nice people....the other two not so much....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kian: If Westlife didnt happen I'd be on one of these shows

Yep and he'd get f*cking no where talentless arrogant git

And how does him saying he'd be on this show justify it? He's not exactly oozing with talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

lee3155 wrote: »
    If west life didn't happen Cian said he would be on one of these shows. My arse, if west life didn't happen he would be a bin man!!

..imagining that every time he lifted a bin that it sang "You raise me up" to him.

..imagining that every time he lifted a bin that it sang "You raise me up" to him.

You raise me up, so I can stand on rubbish
    You raise me up, to walk the stinky streets
    I am strong, when I have a bin on my shoulders;
    You raise me up... To more than I can be.

• Advertisement

You raise me up, so I can stand on rubbish
    You raise me up, to walk the stinky streets
    I am strong, when I have a bin on my shoulders;
    You raise me up... To more than I can be.

Post of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

amdublin wrote: »
    Carolann needs Operation Transformation.

She's only 21 :eek: Thats not healthy.

Not healthy I agree but dont be unkind ........ she was a much better singer - her voice was def stronger & she should have gone through

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kian Egan needs a slap around the head with a dead fish .Arrogant cocky little git that he is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 storminateapot

Brian Kennedy was not very respectful towards that contestant with his "hunchback" remark. I do think that the contestant did take it well and on live television.

B. Kennedy threw a glass of wine over someone who disrespected him. The Saturday night show was a publicity stunt and bad acting from all three 'adults'! I went to a few BK concerts as a fan and I do think he is a very talented vocalist BUT why does he pretend to value Eddi Reader's opinion about his 'difficult decision' when it is clear from his remarks that he can make harsh judgments effortlessly?

The blind audition slant was definitely a new way of doing a talent show BUT what is the point of choosing SO MANY contestants, building up their hopes and dreams and then discarding SO MANY of them like someone throwing old sweet papers in the bin? The show is not for me. I won't be watching it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Brian Kennedy was not very respectful towards that contestant with his hunchback remark.
    He threw a glass of wine over someone who used bad language in describing a song that he did not like. I went to a few BK concerts as a fan and I do think he is a very talented vocalist. Why does he pretend to value Eddi Reader's opinion about his 'difficult decision' when it is clear he can make harsh judgments effortlessly.

The blind audition slant was definitely a new way of doing a talent show. What is the point though of choosing all these contestants, building up their hopes and dreams and then discarding them like someone throwing old sweet papers in the bin? The show is not for me. I won't be watching it again.

Time for a mid term review at this point.
    Well, it is obvious from the talent on show here that a serious amount of research has been done by the producers. The amount of exband/semi pro singers that have gone into this competition make me wonder whether some of them have been approached to enter the competition before it started. Indeed, I am aware that there is a level of pre audition screening however one would have to ask why a lot of these people never showed up in X factor type auditions.
    No doubt the level of talent is a lot higher than most Irish talent shows, the productions is generally far better also but I would echo the post quoted.
    The whole blind auditions thing is a bit pointless if in the next round looks are as important as "The Voice". It is only a matter of time (if they havent started doing it already) that the judges will be talking about "the whole package". It would be very difficult to implement a "voice" all the way through however but still, apart from that "unique" selling point, ultimately it isnt much different to any other generic talent show.

As far as the judges go, Cian is trying to hard to be Simon Cowell, although perhaps that's his natural demeanour. He is overly negative towards, even his own contestants.
    Brian Kennedy, I believe was either edited or taken up wrong regarding the hunchback comment, overall I think he has been decent in this show and he is by far the most talented and experienced of all the judges.
    Sharon is grand, has some strong talent and in general is pretty positive.
    Bressie, he's grand. Interesting enough picks but the guy is making himself out to be more than he is.
    This, no doubt, will help all of the judges own careers and of course probably launch the career of one or two of the contestants (maybe more, depending on the level of handcuffs contracts that the contestants signed up to) however, as with any of these shows one has to be wary of the level of editing and scripting that is done to make the show more entertaining to a larger audience than it normally should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The sound in the Helix is still horrible for TV. IMO I don't understand for the need to use the venue, do RTÉ/Shinawhil have shares in DCU? Suppose most of them studied there.
    Well, it is obvious from the talent on show here that a serious amount of research has been done by the producers. The amount of exband/semi pro singers that have gone into this competition make me wonder whether some of them have been approached to enter the competition before it started. Indeed, I am aware that there is a level of pre audition screening however one would have to ask why a lot of these people never showed up in X factor type auditions.

I thought the same, have to say though Fame did show up some good talent, in the line of musicals. But even the X-factor has gone down hill, pretty much since Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I love Westlife but Kian Egan is a prick, he's well known for it. I went to a signing in HMV and he was on the phone the whole way through, didn't say anything to the fans to thank us for coming etc and actually told the girl in front of me to be quiet because she was crying too loudly. All the other lads were lovely but he is a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Kian is a muppet. Enough said!

I'm a bit sceptical of how much success TVOI winner will really have after all the names of other talent shows have faded away.
    Anyway, I do think that Brian Kennedy's remark was harsh tonight but perhaps, it sounded like that due to editing. He is a very gifted singer. One of my own favourites actually. I have been to a few of his concerts. His recent tv appearances have not been his best though. Sharon Corr is a good judge and a credible one. She is my favourite on so far. I don't know who Bresie is. I've not heard of him at all before this show. Kian Egan is able to play ten instruments and sing so being multi skilled in so many areas of music should guarantee viewers lots of performances from him in the future. Something to look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I think I have seen too many x factor type shows to take this current one seriously. I don't think I will be watching them anymore. I'm a bit tired of them tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement