Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demba Ba or Andy Carroll?

• 18-11-2011 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Was discussing this with two of my Liverpool mates last night. I asked them would they swap Carroll for Ba and they dismissed it and said they'd never do it as Carroll will become a much better player than Ba.

I have to say that I wholly disagree and I think Carroll will be lucky to become the player Ba is now.

So if you were building a team tomorrow, who would you pick given the choice between Ba and Carroll, taking into account current ability and potential ability?

Who would you prefer? 37 votes

Andy Carroll
    0%
    Demba Ba
    100%
    super_furryRaskolnikovzAbboChucky the treeapplehunterSappy404MelionmuletideBig Knoxronan.hJesus WeptredzerdrogWarperseanwhite20steve frenchDDC1990skippy15kingshanklyx43r0daithijjj 37 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Carlton Cole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Both, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Demba Carroll for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I'd have Andy Carroll + £15m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Demba Ba
    facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I'd have Andy Carroll before Demba Ba. But I'd have Demba Ba on a free before I'd have Andy Carroll for £35m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Atari Jaguar .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Neither, they both have not fully proven themselves in the league yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I personally would rather Ba in my team and Carroll as a session buddy....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Demba Ba
    Daddy.

No, chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Emile Heskey !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Obviously anyone who chooses Carroll is a racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Obviously anyone who chooses Carroll is a racist.

Sepp Blatter is setting up numerous accounts just to click on Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Demba Ba > Jonathan Walters > Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Demba Ba
    tommyhaas wrote: »
    I'd have Andy Carroll before Demba Ba. But I'd have Demba Ba on a free before I'd have Andy Carroll for £35m

If it wasn't for the stupid price tag it isn't an issue-

Ba having good few games where as Carroll is an England international but just off form slightly overweight, a pisshead and a bad lawyer away from string of convictions...still Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Demba Ba, all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I like Andy's hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Will have to see how Ba continues. Didn't really see him as a stunning player at West Ham but he's been great so far. Think Carroll will be better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Shola.

*serious answer: Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

They'd be quality upfront together. Ba's pace and strength and Carroll's height and physical presence. They'd be a serious pairing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

On current form it has to be Ba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

How can anyone answer this?

Anyone who does is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

On current form it's Ba but Carroll hasn't been playing poorly either.

If it was Carroll's form this time last year vs Ba then it'd be Carroll all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

For the money they cost, Ba any day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Demba Ba
    Ba looks the much better player at the moment because Newcastle are playing to his strengths, just like the way when Andy Carroll was there.

Thats not the Liverpool way, the Liverpool style is all out passing and moving,running with the ball, etc. This does not suit Carrolls style in the slightest, he is not comfortable on his feet and is more of a target man than anything else. Liverpool's style suits Saurez and the likes of Torres, they would do well to cut their losses on Carroll and get a player similar in the mould of above two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

value for money = Ba. he has form too, carrlol is off form and badly at that.

newcastle have him plus 35million to potentially spend, liverpool have carrlol warming the bench. newcastle seriously got the better deal here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

leonidas83 wrote: »
    , he is not comfortable on his feet and is more of a target man than anything else..

surely a a 35million quid striker is more than that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Demba Ba
    Carroll and it's not really that close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Carroll and it's not really that close.

So you'd prefer a striker who doesn't score goals over a striker who does score goals?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No doubting Newcastle got the better deal but it's impossible to compare the 2 players.
    Carroll looked very good at Newcasle as does Ba currently but would Ba fair any better at Liverpool???Who knows???

On current form it's glaringly obvious who's playing the better football but then again one is playing regular the other isn't.

I think it's very dismissive to say its not even close ^^^^^^^^^^

Advertisement