Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Boothroyd has tweeted that he's not yet made his mind up what he's doing.

QPR interested in him as well.

Never heard of him - is he any good?

Anyone heard of http://twitter.com/#!/RhysMWilliamson ? According to his twitter he's signed for us.

According to this link of wiki he played for us in the Hong Kong 7s tournament in May http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_HKFC_International_Soccer_Sevens but according to this he's with Crystal Palace Youths http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_F.C._Academy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

williamsons an 18 yr old winger we signed fom crystal palace! won't become official til july though

• Advertisement

Never heard of him - is he any good?

I'm afraid haven't seen anything of him. A quick glance at his career to date doesn't exactly point to him being anything special

Brown's also been linked with another move away, this time to Turkey

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/254054/Celtic-shock-as-Scott-Brown-now-on-turks-hit-list

and we've been linked with Kranjcar again

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/celtic-enter-running-for-spurs-ace---reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cant see us getting Kranjcar but he'd be an impressive signing, cant see Brown wanting to go to Turkey just to make Kenny Miller happy.

I see Burspaspor claim they've come to an agreement with Brown, they just need to agree a fee with Celtic now.

I see Burspaspor claim they've come to an agreement with Brown, they just need to agree a fee with Celtic now.

We'll have enough to buy Kranjcar out of it anyway, those Turks are loaded :D

From the HB:

"CELTIC have made a cheeky bid to try and land £8m rated Barcelona winger Jeffren Suarez on a loan deal next season Barca officials have confirmed the Hoops interest in the 23 year old Spanish international who is also being monitored by Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs for a possible summer transfer bid. Barca sources say they may decide to farm o...ut Suarez next season for more experience rather than sell him and their good relationship with Celtic could help smooth a temporary move to Parkhead for the former CD Tenerife starlet who has represented Spain at every level from under 16 to under 21. "

Not sure of the original source.

• Advertisement

How many windows has a rumour about Jeffren going to Celtic happened? 4? 5? I remember us being linked to him since before we got Crosas.

Dempsey wrote: »
    How many windows has a rumour about Jeffren going to Celtic happened? I remember us being linked to him since before we got Crosas.

Yup, t'would be nice is this little link up we had with Barca actually started to bear some fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Don't see why they have to put the games on at those times for the first few weeks when there's no Premiership matches on. 2 or 3 o clock would be much better especially for the support travelling to Aberdeen.
    Personally, I don't mind the early kick off for Aberdeen, means getting an earlier train home and back down the road at a more reasonable time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

From the HB:

"CELTIC have made a cheeky bid to try and land £8m rated Barcelona winger Jeffren Suarez on a loan deal next season Barca officials have confirmed the Hoops interest in the 23 year old Spanish international who is also being monitored by Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs for a possible summer transfer bid. Barca sources say they may decide to farm o...ut Suarez next season for more experience rather than sell him and their good relationship with Celtic could help smooth a temporary move to Parkhead for the former CD Tenerife starlet who has represented Spain at every level from under 16 to under 21. "

Not sure of the original source.

Jeffren is part of the Alexei Sanchez to Barcelona deal mate, him plus 40 million which is 80% done according to SSN.

I really can't see Krancjar moving to Celtic when he won't be playing in the CL, I think its just papers churning out past rumours as usual.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Jeffren is part of the Alexei Sanchez to Barcelona deal mate, him plus 40 million which is 80% done according to SSN.

I really can't see Krancjar moving to Celtic when he won't be playing in the CL, I think its just papers churning out past rumours as usual.

Jeffren won't be part of that deal according to the latest reports.

What a waste of talent he was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

What a waste of talent he was

Just another example of a boy getting too big for his boots imo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

How many windows has a rumour about Jeffren going to Celtic happened? 4? 5?

About the same number of times there's been a rumour about Kranjcar I reckon! :D

PauloMN wrote: »
    About the same number of times there's been a rumour about Kranjcar I reckon! :D

But Celtic made at least 2 formal approaches for Kranjcar, compared to diddly squat for Jeffren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Be great to see Kranjcar join us. I can't see the Jeffren move really happenin though. Kranjcar might be bit of a long shot too but I'd say there is more chance of it than the Jeffren move.

Rumour going around that we've bid for Forster.

Wanyama negotiations also progressing

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7000965,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

How many windows has a rumour about Jeffren going to Celtic happened? 4? 5? I remember us being linked to him since before we got Crosas.
    Considering he's being linked with Liverpool and Celtic, it's fairly unlikely Celtic are remotely in the running to take him.

Considering he's being linked with Liverpool and Celtic, it's fairly unlikely Celtic are remotely in the running to take him.

How is your comment relevant to what I said?

You'd be a terrible statistician mate, a 50/50 chance would never be deemed to be "fairly unlikely" or "remotely".

You'd be a terrible statistician mate, a 50/50 chance would never be deemed to be "fairly unlikely" or "remotely".

I think he was trying to say that once an EPL club like the mighty Liverpool is looking at a player, Celtic should just give up trying to sign them. :rolleyes:

Anyone read this? Well worth a read!!!

It's a submission from the Rangers Supporters Trust in relation to the new and ill advised "anti-sectarian" law.

They actually do make a few valid points in it such as shying away from the definition of "sectarian" and that apart from Bombs, death threats, bullets being sent to Lenny and players etc... (which they hilariously try and "even out" by adding Donald Findlay to the list of folk targetted!) there's been very little violence at games and the media have blown the rest completely out of proportion (McCoist having a pop at Lenny).

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/s4/committees/justice/inquiries/OBFTCBill/OB7.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Exactly.

I remember the outcry after the Cup Replay.

What happened ?
    A red card for a foul, another for going to the own fans and two managers having some words.

Hardly shocking, yet it was described as 'the worst Old Firm game in years' :confused:

Anyone read Kevin Myers in the Indo today?

Sounds like someone has kidnapped him and replaced him with a Celtic fan!

Here's his article:

IT was good of the UVF thugs of East Belfast to give me a cue with which to follow my Fenian column of yesterday (which, as it happens I had started before the unprovoked attack on the Short Strand). For we should be clear about this; the culture of the Billy-Boy tribal bigot predates the emergence of Fenianism as a powerful force amongst the Catholic working classes of Belfast and Glasgow.

Paradoxically, the rabble-rousing leaders of these drunken louts have usually been teetotal clergymen, such as Roaring Hanna and Ian Paisley. The compulsory Sunday closing of pubs was once a primary element of their identity -- provided that their own drinking clubs were allowed to remain open. Logic is never the strong point of any strongly held tribal identity, but particularly so for these people, who have remained locked in a historical enigma wherein they are 'British', though living in Ireland, and generally lawless though they 'loyally' support the Crown, and sober in their general political aspiration, though usually enough drunk at the time.

They have a church, too. In their illiterate and incoherent scheme of things, Calvary is probably a collective for horses and maybe Gethsemane is something mysterious that happens in a sperm-bank. No, their real religion is Rangers Football Club.

Glasgow Rangers is the sporting icon for loyalist bigots. The club's own words are irreproachably neutral. It is law-abiding. It is patriotically British. Its outward message is of harmony and ecumenism. But to the large thug element amongst the Rangers fans the key to their identity is almost like the Third Secret of Fatima. It is this: NO FENIANS here.

There is a congenial, indeed government-backed myth, in both Scotland and in Ireland, that "one side is bad as another": that Sinn Fein-IRA are pretty much the same as the UDA/UVF. This is simply untrue. There is no republican equivalent to the Romper Rooms of the UDA, wherein men were routinely beaten to a pulp by loyalist thugs, and from which both the term and the practice became celebrated. And then there was Lenny Murphy and his merry gang, the Shankill Butchers, who for years in the mid-1970s abducted, tortured and murdered Catholics -- usually by cutting their victims' throats.

This culture did not emerge simply as a response to IRA violence. It was there already. It was feckless, violent, drunken, lost, lumpen proletarians for whom a perverted tribal identity conjoined with a Godlessly Calvinist sense of superiority, even as they stewed in their ghettoes of suffocating illiteracy and economic failure. But they were nonetheless elevated by the insane delusion that they are the chosen people, who have been deprived of their birthright by some vast conspiracy between the Catholic Church and the British government.

This psychiatric condition affects almost an entire under-caste, thereby placing their minds and aspirations almost beyond ordinary analysis.

This Sunday, it will be 45 years since their hero, Gusty Spence, murdered the teenage barman Peter Ward and seriously wounded William Doyle in the Malvern Street shootings. Thus the Troubles got under way. (Nineteen years later, the Catholic barrister who had defended Spence at his trial, also called William Doyle, was shot dead by the IRA for the hideous crime of being a judge. And so it goes.)

Now we know: these Troubles of ours haven't gone away, you know. And they're at it again in East Belfast, with a lost tribe of illiterate, paranoid barbarians wandering the bleak landscape of their own brutal imaginations, about no purpose that any one of them could possibly explain. Except they probably know this is a period of rather enjoyable violence, before the much-loved Orange marches -- plus riots, with luck -- can begin.

And next comes Rangers' first match of the season, to be followed by a night of paralytic alcoholism, and rounded off, no doubt, with a complete short-term memory lapse. (This is called "culture", by the way.)

For once, let history be our guide. Our political classes must not be swayed by the violence of these cretins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Read that too, I don't know what triggered this but it's a disgraceful article.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement