Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Before emailing them you should look a peoples responses here with dates about when their app was sent, acknowledgement, payment email received etc. If your enquiring about processing times that are shorter than these dates don't bother sending an email if its anything to do with how long the process takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Canadabound87

Hi,

I sent my forms a while ago and my friends sent them same time. Sent them by registered post an were delivered on 16th March. My friends both got confirmation emails nearly three weeks ago. I wasn't too worried as I haven't received my forms back either but just double checked all my forms and realised I left out my email on one (idiot I know!). I checked on their website and they have a form you send if you have a change in contact details. I did this but wondered if anyone has experienced this before will I eventually have to resubmit or will they except my 'Update of contact details'.

Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I sent my forms at the beginning of March and received my confirmation of receipt email on the 22nd of March, I'm still waiting for a follow up email on whether my application is successful or not, however, today I realised that I didn't seem to have the IMM 1295 form validated with the bar codes in my computer documents and I'm now worried incase this is how I sent it. If that's the case it looks like my forms will all be sent back to me and I'll have to apply again and with only 2,729 places left it looks like I'm totally screwed as there's a high volume of people applying. Do people think I should be ok to eventually get a place if I apply again because I really don't want to have to wait until the 2013 season?

lindzation wrote: »
    I just saw this on the British Expats site...
    Might be worth having your husband email the IEC from a different email address? (If he's using hotmail..)
    "
    icon1.gifRe: International Experience Canada
    Just got my LOI....buzzing!!!

Just some advice to applicants with a hotmail account: I emailed the IEC because it has taken nearly 5 weeks since being passed to CIC to receive LOI. They emailed me back saying they already sent my LOI on 14th March but must be security settings on my hotmail account. The visa section then re-sent the email a few mins later.

Timeline:
    sent application - 19/01/12
    delivered - 20/01/12
    COR - 07/02/12
    Conditional Acceptance - 24/02/12
    Payment - 25/02/12
    Sent to CIC - 01/03/12
    LOI - 14/03/12 (but only just received LOI today due to email issues)

also just to let everyone know.....i sent them an email via my gmail account and then they sent the LOI to my gmail account instead of hotmail account. here is the actual email they sent me if it helps anyone:
    Good afternoon;

Our records indicate your application was approved by the Visa Section on March 14th, 2012. If you have not already received a Letter of Introduction via email, then it must indeed be because the security settings on your hotmail account prevented the email from going into your inbox and was instead forwarded to your 'junk mail' folder directly. We have forwarded your inquiry to the Visa Section who will re-send the LoI to your gmail address listed below. We would advise you to keep a close eye on your email folders over the next few days to make sure you receive the second email from the Visa Section.
    Kind regards,

The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland"

That all reminds me, ever since I received the confirmation of receipt email I keep getting this pop up saying security certificate everytime I log into my hotmail account, do you think this would have anything to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

bpoleary wrote: »
    I sent my forms at the beginning of March and received my confirmation of receipt email on the 22nd of March, I'm still waiting for a follow up email on whether my application is successful or not, however, today I realised that I didn't seem to have the IMM 1295 form validated with the bar codes in my computer documents and I'm now worried incase this is how I sent it. If that's the case it looks like my forms will all be sent back to me and I'll have to apply again and with only 2,729 places left it looks like I'm totally screwed as there's a high volume of people applying. Do people think I should be ok to eventually get a place if I apply again because I really don't want to have to wait until the 2013 season?

I wouldn't worry so much, i think you will be fine if you have to apply again. I'd say most people apply in january and february.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 trasla7

hey,

I sent my application by registered post but it was not received by the iec as the idiots in england tried delivering it on easter saturday. therefore it is now up to the iec to collect my application from the post office.

im just wondering has anyone else had this problem and whether the iec will collect the post or whether it will now be sent back to me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

trasla7 wrote: »
    hey,

I sent my application by registered post but it was not received by the iec as the idiots in england tried delivering it on easter saturday. therefore it is now up to the iec to collect my application from the post office.

im just wondering has anyone else had this problem and whether the iec will collect the post or whether it will now be sent back to me??

That is absolutely rotten

Doubt the IEC would be going out of their way to pick it up tbh

Couldn't they just send it back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

trasla7 wrote: »
    hey,

doesn't the post office have to do 2 or 3 attempts to deliver a letter before it is returned to sender. They might re deliver it and you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 trasla7

thanks for the responses, i rang the post office and they said they dont try to re-deliver so its up to the iec.

they also told me that british post is delivered on saturdays too so surely then this happens a lot as the iec are not open saturdays

i will be absolutely furious if it gets sent back to me (ie if the iec dont collect it- althought the way they operate, it wouldnt surprise me)

fc04 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry so much, i think you will be fine if you have to apply again. I'd say most people apply in january and february.
    Well I suppose I should look on the bright side of it, the longer my wait for it to be approved, the more money I'll have going over there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

Hi all,
    After 5 weeks I received my request for payment. I did a bank transfer on the 30th of March and I have yet to receive any confirmation they received my payment. How long before they send you this email? I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address with a screen grab of the payment transfer but it keeps bouncing back (i'm using gmail).

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Been away for a while, so for those who have been following the thread a little closer than I have - is 5 weeks from receipt of application to request of payment still about the norm? Been just over 4 weeks for me (8 weeks in total) ...killing me, but will be reassuring if this is pretty standard. Thanks in advance!

JamesA1984 wrote: »
    Been away for a while, so for those who have been following the thread a little closer than I have - is 5 weeks from receipt of application to request of payment still about the norm? Been just over 4 weeks for me (8 weeks in total) ...killing me, but will be reassuring if this is pretty standard. Thanks in advance!
    Hey JamesA1984 my process was
    delivered 3rd of Feb,
    Receipt of application 24 feb,
    payment request 28 march, paid that day by bank transfer.
    Second stage email 4 march.
    The waiting continues.........

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Really??? Did you receive an email today? my hushand got it even though he didn't get his LOI yet it says:

Welcome to International Experience Canada (IEC).
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that
    outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada
    (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people
    and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist
    you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has
    prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http://
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/
    canada_guide-guide_du_canada.aspx?lang=eng.
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada
    participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfaitmaeci.
    sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end
    of your participation inviting you to take our post-participation survey.
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the
    Canadian government, you may contact IEC at experience@international.gc.ca.
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada
    and Canadians. We wish you every success in your Canadian adventure.

Does that mean he has his LOI but it was emailed correctly? Or that batch of emails crashed?? It didn't go to his junk mail.....

What are they like?????

Hope you hear soon!!!!

My Husbang got his visa at long last - first they blamed his security settings on his email, but they were wrong as he used GMail, then they said it was because his email address wasn't on the IMM form, but they were wrong!!! His LOI was issued on the 6th MArch like mine - 5 WEEKS of stress for nothing!!!!! ANyway....Vancouver here we come!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

My Husbang got his visa at long last - first they blamed his security settings on his email, but they were wrong as he used GMail, then they said it was because his email address wasn't on the IMM form, but they were wrong!!! His LOI was issued on the 6th MArch like mine - 5 WEEKS of stress for nothing!!!!! ANyway....Vancouver here we come!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got it all sorted!!!!! :) enjoy Vancouver!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Great news Galwaygal! Best of luck with the move! I'm 7 working days since my payment confirmation, I need the Loi before Friday or else I have to move the flight again? COME ON LOI ! ! ! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

JordiH wrote: »
    Hi all,
    After 5 weeks I received my request for payment. I did a bank transfer on the 30th of March and I have yet to receive any confirmation they received my payment. How long before they send you this email? I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address with a screen grab of the payment transfer but it keeps bouncing back (i'm using gmail).

Any suggestions?

Hey there,

We paid on April 2nd from Canada and also still haven't received a payment confirmation.. I emailed in a scan of the receipt yesterday and haven't hear anything back... probably just backlog as it sounds like a few people haven't received confirmation yet - even though others got it a couple days later. No method!

cally112 wrote: »

akira336 wrote: »
    Great news Galwaygal! Best of luck with the move! I'm 7 working days since my payment confirmation, I need the Loi before Friday or else I have to move the flight again? COME ON LOI ! ! ! : )
    fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement

I paid online with Aib, and put in all the correct information, and seemingly when Aib sent it they jumbled up my info so the iec couldn't find me, so I got an SP reference number from them over the phone, emailed it to the iec and they emailed back saying they found me, worth a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

Yep we are goin to Vancouver in 4 weeks from today! Then on to Jasper for work on the 15th!! Very excited! What about yourself? All sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

so I got an SP reference number from them over the phone, emailed it to the iec and they emailed back saying they found me, worth a try?
    Hi, Just wondering what you meant by the SP reference number??

I never heard of an SP reference either until the lady from aib 24hr banking gave it to me over the phone and the iec seemed to recognise it and then found my payment, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

Hi all,

I've sent my application and have just realised I didn't tick the box on the medical declarations form!

Will this lead to a refusal or a delay or what?
    Should I send the form again (ticked this time!) quoting my reference number?

Any ideas?

I'm late enough applying as it is so really hope I haven't rightly messed it up!

Hi all,

I've sent my application and have just realised I didn't tick the box on the medical declarations form!

Will this lead to a refusal or a delay or what?
    Should I send the form again (ticked this time!) quoting my reference number?

Any ideas?

I'm late enough applying as it is so really hope I haven't rightly messed it up!

Hmm.. I kind of think you'll be ok with that one.. they might just opt to send you the medical email instead. But if you are feeling uneasy you could send the form in or email it.. It's so hard to say what they will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Just wondering the embassy received my application for the IEC on 4/4/2012 but I have not heard anything the only reason why I know they got it is i sent it by registered post. Anyone know how long till this acknowledge receipt?

jjbrien wrote: »
    Just wondering the embassy received my application for the IEC on 4/4/2012 but I have not heard anything the only reason why I know they got it is i sent it by registered post. Anyone know how long till this acknowledge receipt?
    i was waiting a month for them to acknowledge, 8 days isnt much no need to panic. patience is def needed with this process!!!

I was waiting 6 weeks, so don't worry about it

i was waiting a month for them to acknowledge, 8 days isnt much no need to panic. patience is def needed with this process!!!

Got to love Civil Servants seems like this will be a long and dragged out process. When I did my application last year it was much faster but last year you sent them to france this year its London. I'll just have to sit on my hands then.

jjbrien wrote: »
    Got to love Civil Servants seems like this will be a long and dragged out process. When I did my application last year it was much faster but last year you sent them to france this year its London. I'll just have to sit on my hands then.
    id give it the month before you start to worry, hopefully you'll be lucky and wont be waiting that long! if it helps my time scale so far is:
    3 feb sent
    24 feb acknowledged
    28 th march payment email
    paid that day
    second stage email 4th april.
    fingers crossed it will end soon, waiting is torture!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 papaya

I posted my application on 19th Jan, paid the fee in the mid of March. Has received a e-mail regarding the Medical Examination Declaration on the 3rd of Apr. And haven't hear anything since then... ... ...this whole process really really killing me!!! frustrated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

I Just got my visa approved!! Woooooooooooop!!

Application sent: 28th Jan
    1st Email/Started processing: 23rd Feb
    Payment request: 19th March
    Paid: 20th March
    Approved Round 2: 26th March
    Visa Approval: 13th April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

papaya wrote: »
    I posted my application on 19th Jan, paid the fee in the mid of March. Has received a e-mail regarding the Medical Examination Declaration on the 3rd of Apr. And haven't hear anything since then... ... ...this whole process really really killing me!!! frustrated!!!

SNAP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

You guys have nothing on me. I sent my app Jan 19th, tracked it online and it got there Jan 23rd. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. No confirmation, no asking for payment, nothing. I'm in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa and booked a flight to Canada at Xmas thinking that would give me plenty of time to get my visa. Apparently not. I leave April 26th for Canada anyway but it's just to travel for 3 weels and then back to Ireland it is. If I ever meet anyone involved in this process I will not be liable for my actions. Good luck to the rest of you. I hope it works out.

coffeegal wrote: »
    You guys have nothing on me. I sent my app Jan 19th, tracked it online and it got there Jan 23rd. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. No confirmation, no asking for payment, nothing. I'm in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa and booked a flight to Canada at Xmas thinking that would give me plenty of time to get my visa. Apparently not. I leave April 26th for Canada anyway but it's just to travel for 3 weels and then back to Ireland it is. If I ever meet anyone involved in this process I will not be liable for my actions. Good luck to the rest of you. I hope it works out.

Some people have had trouble with hotmail accounts.. maybe they did write you and you never got it? Sucks big time either way!!!

MeerKat17 wrote: »

Congrats! I'm glad for you, but I have to say, what is going on in the iec, ive my application sent since 9th January and am still waiting on my loi, I have to call up this morning and move my flights for the second time! I'm at the end of my 13th week of a supposedly 8 week process, can't tell you how mad I am:mad:

EDIT: Plus I went with USIT and am starting to wonder is that holding me back somehow, ahhhh, just changed my flights with USIT €80 for the pleasure, last time was €62 and that was with a "free" move, USIT calls it airline taxes, Just saying if anyone is thinking of using USIT, don't.
    You'll find all the information you need right here on this site,
    Rant over......................

Congrats! I'm glad for you, but I have to say, what is going on in the iec, ive my application sent since 9th January and am still waiting on my loi, I have to call up this morning and move my flights for the second time! I'm at the end of my 13th week of a supposedly 8 week process, can't tell you how mad I am:mad:

EDIT: Plus I went with USIT and am starting to wonder is that holding me back somehow, ahhhh, just changed my flights with USIT €80 for the pleasure, last time was €62 and that was with a "free" move, USIT calls it airline taxes, Just saying if anyone is thinking of using USIT, don't.

Nightmare!! holding off on booking flights ourselves but hopefully we will hear soon, if meerkat got the visa today and got passed on to the next phase on the 26th hopefully ours will come in three days as we got passed on the 29th. :eek:Wishfull thinking maybe.

MeerKat17 wrote: »

Nice one:) where are you heading to?

your kinda lucky, i had the misfortuane of going with USIT aswell. flights booked for 17th april had to move them to 17th of may cost me 359 to move it, free my ass. They are the biggest con artist, any of my friends im telling stay clear, 1800 euro so far and nothing to show for it, load of bollox!! sorry bout language but this process has totally ruined what should have been a great time!!

Hey all, I'm still waiting to receive confirmation of receipt of payment, online transfer was done on the 30th of March. I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address but it keeps bouncing back. I'm using my gmail account. Is it bouncing back for anyone else this week?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 scotty91

Hey all, was planning on going to Vancouver and put British Columbia down as my port of entry on the IEC forms, but now I'm leaning more towards Toronto. Does it matter if I don't enter the country through the port of entry I specified?

JordiH wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm still waiting to receive confirmation of receipt of payment, online transfer was done on the 30th of March. I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address but it keeps bouncing back. I'm using my gmail account. Is it bouncing back for anyone else this week?

Thanks

I just realised the idn.ie should be Ldn.iec, I sent off my screen shot of the bank transfer to see if they will come back to me. Fingers crossed.

your kinda lucky, i had the misfortuane of going with USIT aswell. flights booked for 17th april had to move them to 17th of may cost me 359 to move it, free my ass. They are the biggest con artist, any of my friends im telling stay clear, 1800 euro so far and nothing to show for it, load of bollox!! sorry bout language but this process has totally ruined what should have been a great time!!

I moved from a saturday flight to a wednesday and it still cost me more, and like you said, they are actually ruining what should be a good thing, I have to hide for a week and a half, I've said bye to everyone I know, ahhhhhhh!!! :P

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!

I moved from a saturday flight to a wednesday and it still cost me more, and like you said, they are actually ruining what should be a good thing, I have to hide for a week and a half, I've said bye to everyone I know, ahhhhhhh!!! :P

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!
    i'll join that campaign! i've told my friends since january im going to canada, they think im bloody lying at this stage, experience ruined!

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!
    i'll join that campaign! i've told my friends since january im going to canada, they think im bloody lying at this stage, experience ruined!
    Hahaha! I know what you mean, kinda gettin used to hearing "are you still here?" : )

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!

LOL funny i got in trouble on here before for saying they ripped me off but i agree with you. that company saw my post and emailed Dave who runs this site to say I was giving them a bad name so now I will just not mention their name anymore. But I support u on this :D

Yep we are goin to Vancouver in 4 weeks from today! Then on to Jasper for work on the 15th!! Very excited! What about yourself? All sorted?
    sounds cool. We fly on 14th may to Toronto, the plan is to spend a few days in Toronto, Ottawa, montreal and quebec. Then get the train from Toronto to Vancouver taking in lake Louise, Jasper, Banoff etc....if we have enough money!!!!! Then onto Vancouver to settle!!! Exciting...

was the €1800 return flights plus travel insurance for the year? cos the feckers charged us €2260...........

was the €1800 return flights plus travel insurance for the year? cos the feckers charged us €2260...........
    hey, 1841.00 for flight, insurance and the 399 you pay the first day! it was 1482 but cause i to change my flights i got charged 359 for a free change of date!! its a total rip off, they charge what they want and dont help wish i had stayed away from them!! what was you 2260 for?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the support ;) but anyway, once the email comes, I'm sorted, hey Galwaygal, sounds like you have it planned out very well, mine consists only of, fly, get job, start making money, make up rest..... Maybe I should be taking a leaf out of your book?

Advertisement