Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lee3155 wrote: »
    If west life didn't happen Cian said he would be on one of these shows. My arse, if west life didn't happen he would be a bin man!!

..imagining that every time he lifted a bin that it sang "You raise me up" to him.

You raise me up, so I can stand on rubbish
    You raise me up, to walk the stinky streets
    I am strong, when I have a bin on my shoulders;
    You raise me up... To more than I can be.

Post of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

amdublin wrote: »
    Carolann needs Operation Transformation.

She's only 21 :eek: Thats not healthy.

Not healthy I agree but dont be unkind ........ she was a much better singer - her voice was def stronger & she should have gone through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kian Egan needs a slap around the head with a dead fish .Arrogant cocky little git that he is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 storminateapot

Brian Kennedy was not very respectful towards that contestant with his "hunchback" remark. I do think that the contestant did take it well and on live television.

B. Kennedy threw a glass of wine over someone who disrespected him. The Saturday night show was a publicity stunt and bad acting from all three 'adults'! I went to a few BK concerts as a fan and I do think he is a very talented vocalist BUT why does he pretend to value Eddi Reader's opinion about his 'difficult decision' when it is clear from his remarks that he can make harsh judgments effortlessly?

The blind audition slant was definitely a new way of doing a talent show BUT what is the point of choosing SO MANY contestants, building up their hopes and dreams and then discarding SO MANY of them like someone throwing old sweet papers in the bin? The show is not for me. I won't be watching it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,777 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Brian Kennedy was not very respectful towards that contestant with his hunchback remark.
    He threw a glass of wine over someone who used bad language in describing a song that he did not like. I went to a few BK concerts as a fan and I do think he is a very talented vocalist. Why does he pretend to value Eddi Reader's opinion about his 'difficult decision' when it is clear he can make harsh judgments effortlessly.

The blind audition slant was definitely a new way of doing a talent show. What is the point though of choosing all these contestants, building up their hopes and dreams and then discarding them like someone throwing old sweet papers in the bin? The show is not for me. I won't be watching it again.

Time for a mid term review at this point.
    Well, it is obvious from the talent on show here that a serious amount of research has been done by the producers. The amount of exband/semi pro singers that have gone into this competition make me wonder whether some of them have been approached to enter the competition before it started. Indeed, I am aware that there is a level of pre audition screening however one would have to ask why a lot of these people never showed up in X factor type auditions.
    No doubt the level of talent is a lot higher than most Irish talent shows, the productions is generally far better also but I would echo the post quoted.
    The whole blind auditions thing is a bit pointless if in the next round looks are as important as "The Voice". It is only a matter of time (if they havent started doing it already) that the judges will be talking about "the whole package". It would be very difficult to implement a "voice" all the way through however but still, apart from that "unique" selling point, ultimately it isnt much different to any other generic talent show.

As far as the judges go, Cian is trying to hard to be Simon Cowell, although perhaps that's his natural demeanour. He is overly negative towards, even his own contestants.
    Brian Kennedy, I believe was either edited or taken up wrong regarding the hunchback comment, overall I think he has been decent in this show and he is by far the most talented and experienced of all the judges.
    Sharon is grand, has some strong talent and in general is pretty positive.
    Bressie, he's grand. Interesting enough picks but the guy is making himself out to be more than he is.
    This, no doubt, will help all of the judges own careers and of course probably launch the career of one or two of the contestants (maybe more, depending on the level of handcuffs contracts that the contestants signed up to) however, as with any of these shows one has to be wary of the level of editing and scripting that is done to make the show more entertaining to a larger audience than it normally should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The sound in the Helix is still horrible for TV. IMO I don't understand for the need to use the venue, do RTÉ/Shinawhil have shares in DCU? Suppose most of them studied there.
    Well, it is obvious from the talent on show here that a serious amount of research has been done by the producers. The amount of exband/semi pro singers that have gone into this competition make me wonder whether some of them have been approached to enter the competition before it started. Indeed, I am aware that there is a level of pre audition screening however one would have to ask why a lot of these people never showed up in X factor type auditions.

I thought the same, have to say though Fame did show up some good talent, in the line of musicals. But even the X-factor has gone down hill, pretty much since Jedward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I love Westlife but Kian Egan is a prick, he's well known for it. I went to a signing in HMV and he was on the phone the whole way through, didn't say anything to the fans to thank us for coming etc and actually told the girl in front of me to be quiet because she was crying too loudly. All the other lads were lovely but he is a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Kian is a muppet. Enough said!

I'm a bit sceptical of how much success TVOI winner will really have after all the names of other talent shows have faded away.
    Anyway, I do think that Brian Kennedy's remark was harsh tonight but perhaps, it sounded like that due to editing. He is a very gifted singer. One of my own favourites actually. I have been to a few of his concerts. His recent tv appearances have not been his best though. Sharon Corr is a good judge and a credible one. She is my favourite on so far. I don't know who Bresie is. I've not heard of him at all before this show. Kian Egan is able to play ten instruments and sing so being multi skilled in so many areas of music should guarantee viewers lots of performances from him in the future. Something to look forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I think I have seen too many x factor type shows to take this current one seriously. I don't think I will be watching them anymore. I'm a bit tired of them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ilusa

I see a lot of people are wondering what Kian sounds like singing, I was too and I came accross this youtube vid, you may want to skip the first song that doesn't really focus on him. Anyway judge away mes ami :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Ilusa wrote: »
    I see a lot of people are wondering what Kian sounds like singing, I was too and I came accross this youtube vid, you may want to skip the first song that doesn't really focus on him. Anyway judge away mes ami :P

Just proves he's a very average singer

Just proves he's a very average singer

Just proves how a westlife concert sing-a-long is ****.

I shouldn't point out spelling errors but that van of westlives can't spell. Neither can I!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I'm the same I've loved Westlife for years and Kian was always my favourite, he never spoke though and now I'm beginning to think that he wasn't allowed speak rather than a decision! He comes across as such a tool on the show!

As for Bressie, I met him about a year ago I think, before he was on the show and he was lovely, chatted away to him he was really genuine and had time for everyone. We went to see him DJ last week and we were asked did we want to have a picture taken with him, long story short, we waited for ages, there was only about 6 or 7 of us and eventually were told that Bressie was too tired to have any more photos taken.. I was only peeved because we were asked in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

As for Bressie, I met him about a year ago I think, before he was on the show and he was lovely, chatted away to him he was really genuine and had time for everyone. We went to see him DJ last week and we were asked did we want to have a picture taken with him, long story short, we waited for ages, there was only about 6 or 7 of us and eventually were told that Bressie was too tired to have any more photos taken.. I was only peeved because we were asked in the first place!

I realise this is just a random rant, I do apologise :D Looking forward to the live shows now so we can hear people singing on their own, reckon Brian might have a winner in that Ex boyband lad!

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Just proves how a westlife concert sing-a-long is ****.

I shouldn't point out spelling errors but that van of westlives can't spell. Neither can I!

:D:D:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ilusa wrote: »

He's not a great singer, but he's got that "looking sad into the camera" nailed..

lizt wrote: »
    :D:D:p:p

I was being ironic ;) just in case you didn't get that, but you might be reply to my irony. My irony always goes wrong :(

I was being ironic ;) just in case you didn't get that, but you might be reply to my irony. My irony always goes wrong :(

It just doesn't come across on boards.

He's not a great singer, but he's got that "looking sad into the camera" nailed..

Certainly not the best singer in the group. Remember the duo who sang Time To Say Goodbye in TVOI.
    (Vanessa I think and Dan). Miles and Miles ahead of Kian Egan's singing ability. (imho)

• Advertisement

Certainly not the best singer in the group. Remember the duo who sang Time To Say Goodbye in TVOI.
    (Vanessa I think and Dan). Miles and Miles ahead of Kian Egan's singing ability. (imho)

Let's be honest, they're miles ahead of all of the judges really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

ha ha look at the vid around 1:55 he looks like mccauley culkin from home alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Just watching the repeat ... the sound has gone all wrong. I think Conor broke it. Can't hear any of the singers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just watching the Creep performance.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus.

Kian looks ready to thump someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

The wee dwarf said that he'd sang in venues all around the world?

Who is he?

Is he in a band or what?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    The wee dwarf said that he'd sang in venues all around the world?

Who is he?

Is he in a band or what?

Who Kian Egan? I think he is in some kind of band alright? Weather he sings or not is another question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I am actually obsessed with Conor. I listened to Damien Rice last night and Conor's version is better. Hes defo going to win or /and have a great career. Not Conor, yourman the other guy. You know who I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

Who Kian Egan? I think he is in some kind of band alright? Weather he sings or not is another question.

Ha.:) No not him. One of the singers. Conor was him name I think.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ara Cian is just trying to be a jumped up Simon Cowell. Only at least simon accepts that he cant sing ;)

He's ruining it for me, the rest of the judges all seem pretty well balanced imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

According to the RTE Guide its Team Bressie and Team Brian tonight with four from each team 'safe'. So does that mean two from each are voted off I wonder...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

According to the RTE Guide its Team Bressie and Team Brian tonight with four from each team 'safe'. So does that mean two from each are voted off I wonder...:)

No, the coach will decide who goes from the two with the lowest public vote

not yet wrote: »
    No, the coach will decide who goes from the two with the lowest public vote

Oh, thank you.

This means its going to be on for quite a long time with 24 contestants to get through...:)

It's very red...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Well that five minute monologue was absolutely gripping

I'm only here to listen to Alan Fitzsimons.. They should just give him the trophy and close this stupid show down..

Time's running out FFS...

Is
    Is anyone elses boards in tiny font

I'm locked out of my house! So annoyed! Who's on first?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nordys allowed vote...boo!!

• Advertisement

"I dont know if there'll be earthquakes or hissy fits."..

Will you shut up rabbling on woman, for the love of Christ

eternal wrote: »
    Is

No...:(

I
    leahyl wrote: »
    Ott guy

Former OTT boyband member...

I
    Ott guy

Ok not too bothered about him thanks :-P

Oh dear, purple rain... what is he doing with it.. sing a pop song ffs.

• Advertisement

Is

No...:(
    Its the app, i can barely see it.
    Yeah Prince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Deep voice Voiceover man is a very poor imitation of the X Factor Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Wedding ring? To a man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Rte player in phone, sit in your doorstep, connect to wifi and work away.

Sounding very good. However will a gay guy from Dublin get the votes..?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement