Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

greendom wrote: »
    He would improve their squad majorly. The midfielders they have weren't good enough to get them to the knock-out stages of the Champions League

Just the midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

RasTa wrote: »
    Just the midfield?

i'm sure there are other areas they can improve on too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Delighted with the win tonight, the manner of the win is as important, showed great determination to get the 2 goals we deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Stoke match is vital. A win would certainly help to swing things in their favour (even slightly), They'll have to stay focused and avoid the mind games. The pattern for the remainder of the season is fairly predictable - if City fail to win a game they'll be accused of "bottling it" whereas United will not be written off until it's mathematically out of their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

yes great win, should provide some confidance, but we must win next 3 games, and stoke away is never easy.
    one game at a time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a fookin win, absolutely buzzing when Nasri scored. He was brilliant, my MOM just ahead of Mad Zab and Micah, though it's about time he put in a shift like that.

Couldn't bring myself to celebrate Tevez's assist though, and there were some embarrassing displays of 'Welcome Back' flags and t-shirts. He's part of the squad and I'll be happy in general if his goals get us the title but any man love I had for the guy is long gone.

Win against Chelsea, lose at Stoke anyone?! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

For obvious reasons I have no man love for Tevez but I hopped round the sittingroom when he slotted that ball thru for Nasri :D

Great stuff!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

For obvious reasons I have no man love for Tevez but I hopped round the sittingroom when he slotted that ball thru for Nasri :D

Great stuff!!!!!!

I'd rather celebrate Nasri's good finish, but I really can't understand how any City fan can still be happy for Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I'd rather celebrate Nasri's good finish, but I really can't understand how any City fan can still be happy for Tevez.

Because things move on thats why.....not 'happy' about the whole thing myself but there were mistakes made on both sides, tevez made big mistakes and mancini made equally big mistakes, everybody gets things wrong now and again....time to move on.

Loosing at stoke is not an option, its just about winning and getting results now, battle by battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Great result last night Nasri was superb if we did not win that i felt it was curtains

Such a huge game on Sunday and Vinny may be back for it but do you change a winning team? Thought Micah and Mad Zab were superb so for me they deserve to start again. Probably would bring Kompany in for Kolo if he's pretty much right.

Then what do you do with Mario? Away to a physical Stoke with a hostile crowd I think he could have a brain fart and do something stupid. I'd probably go with Dzeko as a starter.

Resting Silva also crossed my mind so something like this -

Hart

Zabaleta
    Richards
    Kompany
    Clichy

De Jong----Milner

Nasri
    Yaya
    Aguero

Dzeko

Subs: Pantillimon, Kolo, Kolarov, Tevez, Silva/Johnson, Balotelli, Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Such a huge game on Sunday and Vinny may be back for it but do you change a winning team? Thought Micah and Mad Zab were superb so for me they deserve to start again. Probably would bring Kompany in for Kolo if he's pretty much right.

Then what do you do with Mario? Away to a physical Stoke with a hostile crowd I think he could have a brain fart and do something stupid. I'd probably go with Dzeko as a starter.

Resting Silva also crossed my mind so something like this -

Hart

Zabaleta
    Richards
    Kompany
    Clichy

De Jong----Milner

Nasri
    Yaya
    Aguero

Dzeko

Subs: Pantillimon, Kolo, Kolarov, Tevez, Silva/Johnson, Balotelli, Barry.

I thought Dzeko ran around like a headless chicken
    against Chelsea so i would let Mario start and see what happens

You are right about Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Delighted it was Nasri who got the goal if I'm honest and happy too that Carlos had a part in it.
    I have changed my tune since before Xmas and feck it, I don't care. He played a part (a big part) in our win the last night and that means more to me than any half hearted, PR scripted apology meted out in the past:)

We need to win this season to keep Mancini safe, keep the investors happy, shut Man Utd fans up but most importantly put a more optimistic head on Xavi6:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

How do you lads feel now that it looks like Unireh will win another league
    based on another team f*cking up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

jcf wrote: »

?

3 points difference, 8 games to go, and the two teams still have to play each other at the City of Manchester stadium...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

yeah but ..... c'mon lets be honest here :

Unireh have won der league...

Even if Utd manage to win this year, city will spend big again in the Summer. city will win it soon no question.

You sound a bit bitter yourself and looking for others to join in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Not nearly as awsome as you must feel! What an ispiring and thought provoking contribution to the soccer forum you are.

But I do admire your (obviously season long) optimisim with 8 games to go. But then again who am I to think Utd won't get all 24 points including beating City at Eastlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

The Mancini in/out thread makes interesting reading, so much wrong posted in it i don't no where to start to put things straight! im not a fan of other peoples opinions of city as most of the time they are ill informed, rather talk about city to other blues makes life much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

POKERKING wrote: »
    The Mancini in/out thread makes interesting reading, so much wrong posted in it i don't no where to start to put things straight! im not a fan of other peoples opinions of city as most of the time they are ill informed, rather talk about city to other blues makes life much easier!

Unfortunatley you can't even avoid it in here with idiots trolling through.

• Advertisement

Unfortunatley you can't even avoid it in here with idiots trolling through.

Wouldn't worry about it, it's only the big and relevant clubs (Liverpool ;) ) that attract trolls so it's a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Funny thing is that the retards who printed it think that a '2' looks like an 'I' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Funny thing is that the retards who printed it think that a '2' looks like an 'I' :rolleyes:
    Th2s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Pighead wrote: »
    Th2s.

SSN - Aquergo OUT of tomorrows match, didnt say why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

SSN - Aquergo OUT of tomorrows match, didnt say why

Sounds like an embarrassing injury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I gave that car crash of a thread a wide berth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

karma_ wrote: »
    I gave that car crash of a thread a wide berth.

I actually started it! As a fan of "the original richmans plaything club"
    I am very interested to see just how patient City's owners are.
    Obviously Roman famously isnt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So, Aguero has a stupid foot injury thats ruled him out for tomorrows game?

Any idea what it is? Any of ye hear anything?

Maybe a Canizares moment?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/spain/newsid_1994000/1994707.stm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement