Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

El Spearo wrote: »
    on some level Chelsea are a prime example of good managers not living up to the hype...or delivering...

while di matteo is an example of the underdog delivering twice.

I don't know what to expect, but ill support any choice for the simple reason we need to get behind the team

I think di matteo benefited from having no expectation on him in much the same way as kenny did when he came back first. I dont think he will live up to the expectation next season if he gets the Chelsea job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Dunno if ayone has mentioned this but in the last few hours Brendan Rodgers price on the exchanges has collapsed and he is now less than 2/1, carries a bit more weight than the bookmakers and still not a dead cert or anything, but i'm getting worried now. Rodgers. Christ.

Usually these markets are very dodgy, but its a concern how short he now is :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Dunno if ayone has mentioned this but in the last few hours Brendan Rodgers price on the exchanges has collapsed and he is now less than 2/1, carries a bit more weight than the bookmakers and still not a dead cert or anything, but i'm getting worried now. Rodgers. Christ.

Usually these markets are very dodgy, but its a concern how short he now is :eek:

Who do you want as manager? Rafa?

Carroll starting for England.

Hope he goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I mentioned it a while ago.

Rodgers now favourite with some bookies and not far off Martinez in the exchanges.

Martinez drifting big time...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be suprised if Dave Whelan was laying off Martinez in the exchanges yesterday when he was mouthing off saying he was offered the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

djPSB wrote: »
    Who do you want as manager? Rafa?

The original ones i put up were 1. Capello (realistic?), 2. Villas-Boas, and 3. Rafa.

I'm still hoping AVB is in with a shout as i can't see Capello being interested or Rafa getting a look in at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Henriksen is playing for Norway tonight, he's a lad Kess rates.

G.K. wrote: »
    Henriksen is playing for Norway tonight, he's a lad Kess rates.

We don't really want to know about Kess's love life tbh !

The original ones i put up were 1. Capello (realistic?), 2. Villas-Boas, and 3. Rafa.

I'm still hoping AVB is in with a shout as i can't see Capello being interested or Rafa getting a look in at this stage.

Currently 57/1,10/1 and 27/1 in order you have them there.

• Advertisement

Downing will assist a Carroll goal tonight.

It's bound to happen.

djPSB wrote: »
    Downing will assist a Carroll goal tonight.

It's bound to happen.

Hopefully the two of them collide and they pick up small knocks causing them to miss the finals.

Their collision causes a pile up which sees Glen Johnson and Gerrard fall over Downing and pick up shoulder and toenail injuries which will unfortunately rule them out too.

fingers%2Bcrossed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

ive just decided that this game is worth watching ... just for Carroll.

and the other reds of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Some fairly solid tweets (BBC NI) going around that Rogers has got on a flight to the states today.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Some fairly solid tweets (BBC NI) going around that Rogers has got on a flight to the states today.

His price has plumeted on the exchanges.

Has Lambert ruled himself out does anyone know ?

He's 104/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've not heard him linked once, of the three "tyros" he is actually the one that I'd give the job to.

well my understanding and interpretation of this is, just to get someone the lads will like...then get really good players and hope to god they gel and play well together

ie the manager doesnt actually matter anymore...

im always thinking back to the actual money ball movie...where brad pitt is actually the important one (and the nerdy guy)...

so samuel l jackson should actually be our next manager.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    His price has plumeted on the exchanges.

Seems to have legs so.

I dont know whats stranger, that i want england to go ok for the liverpool lads or that im actually rewarming to woy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

so samuel l jackson should actually be our next manager.
    Then we'd be signing Hulk? :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hopefully the two of them collide and they pick up small knocks causing them to miss the finals.

Their collision causes a pile up which sees Glen Johnson and Gerrard fall over Downing and pick up shoulder and toenail injuries which will unfortunately rule them out too.

fingers%2Bcrossed.jpg

Wow,miracles can happen, rarnes1 has learned to post pictures instead of a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭doc_17

Rodgers thing is strange after what he said a week ago. Disappointing to see that they don't want to hear what Rafa has to offer.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Downing almost set up a Carroll goal :eek:

doc_17 wrote: »
    Rodgers thing is strange after what he said a week ago. Disappointing to see that they don't want to hear what Rafa has to offer.

Rodgers turnes down the chance to be interviewed.

Would he turn down a job offering?...

well my understanding and interpretation of this is, just to get someone the lads will like...then get really good players and hope to god they gel and play well together

ie the manager doesnt actually matter anymore...

Dalglish!!

Rodgers turnes down the chance to be interviewed.

Would he turn down a job offering?...

Rodgers is a smart man.

Though it was very admirable when he was linked with the Chelsea job and his response was 'If any of our fans are wondering about me and Chelsea, they need not panic. I am trying to build my career and not destroy it.

Kess was saying today that one of the reasons Mourinho was so successful at Porto was because of what he learned from his time working with Robson and Van Gaal.

Rodgers has worked under Mourinho at Chelsea so there could be a similar effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rodgers into odds-on with a lot of the bookies :eek:

It should be noted that he was supposed to be going to New Jersey for the Mexico V Wales game. Manager betting markets are strange beasts, the smallest amount of silly money could change the whole thing around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gerrard off at HT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement