Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

:eek::eek::eek: you take that back!!
    mozattack wrote: »
    Playing on PC sucks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Playing on PC sucks though.

I'm guessing you say that because you played it once and got pooped on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

If it was a couple of years back, I would have gone out and bought a PC but I don't think the advance in experience justifies the amount I'd pay for one in 2012. Sure, consoles are way behind PC technology in general but what exactly is PC producing these days games wise? Battlefield 3, Skyrim etc would have never seen the light of day on PS1, PS2, Xbox but on 360 and PS4 they have. They may not be as sophisticated to run 64 players but I'm surprised it still runs at all....

I don't think anyone would fork out €600-€800 on a quality PC set-up solely to run BF3 no matter how good it may be. Apart from a couple of these role-playing games, PC has no other exclusives that would warrant paying that price. Everything is on consoles these days.

I'll be happy with any BF3 content DICE manages to get out of the office and I'll be more than happy to pay the 50 quid for Premium - I think it's far more fair than Elite. Activision will not be seeing one cent of my money this year - this time it's going to DICE for the exciting DLC's they're developing....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    If it was a couple of years back, I would have gone out and bought a PC but I don't think the advance in experience justifies the amount I'd pay for one in 2012. Sure, consoles are way behind PC technology in general but what exactly is PC producing these days games wise? Battlefield 3, Skyrim etc would have never seen the light of day on PS1, PS2, Xbox but on 360 and PS4 they have. They may not be as sophisticated to run 64 players but I'm surprised it still runs at all....

I don't think anyone would fork out €600-€800 on a quality PC set-up solely to run BF3 no matter how good it may be. Apart from a couple of these role-playing games, PC has no other exclusives that would warrant paying that price. Everything is on consoles these days.

I'll be happy with any BF3 content DICE manages to get out of the office and I'll be more than happy to pay the 50 quid for Premium - I think it's far more fair than Elite. Activision will not be seeing one cent of my money this year - this time it's going to DICE for the exciting DLC's they're developing....

Wow thats an awful lot of stupidity in one post.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wow thats an awful lot of stupidity in one post.

Ah, I see you're the conventional chip-on-shoulder PC player forking out big money on a system that plays nothing of extreme importance or note apart from what is already available on console. ;)

Are consoles capable of the technology a PC is? Of course not, but why invest in one when DICE didn't even develop Battlefield 3 for PC...? They switched to consoles as their main platforms. Yes, the extra players are nice and all but there isn't a chance in hell PC would entice me (for example as a casual player) to fork out huge amounts of money in 2012. Let me ask you a question, even with all this power PC players claim they have and how wonderful it is compared to consoles....then WTF IS BEING PRODUCED FOR PC?!

Oh, that's what I thought. Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Ah, I see you're the conventional chip-on-shoulder PC player forking out big money on a system that plays nothing of extreme importance or note apart from what is already available on console. ;)

Are consoles capable of the technology a PC is? Of course not, but why invest in one when DICE didn't even develop Battlefield 3 for PC...? They switched to consoles as their main platforms. Yes, the extra players are nice and all but there isn't a chance in hell PC would entice me (for example as a casual player) to fork out huge amounts of money in 2012. Let me ask you a question, even with all this power PC players claim they have and how wonderful it is compared to consoles....then WTF IS BEING PRODUCED FOR PC?!

Oh, that's what I thought. Nothing.

There are a few titles, like the ArmA games. Some games like The Elder Scrolls have modding communities on PC which is basically free DLC whenever you want.

There *are* advantages to building a gaming PC. Consoles are cheaper and more convenient and I personally wouldn't get a gaming PC unless I was rolling in money but it certainly isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I don't think anyone would fork out €600-€800 on a quality PC set-up solely to run BF3 no matter how good it may be.

Actually i did and i know a few others who did too. I've been predominantly console for the past 3-4 years. Some games just are better on the PC, in particular BF3, ask imawesome he has the PS3 and PC versions.

As for role playing only exclusives, add in a lot of RTS's and simulators, flight sims etc. The modding community out there adds alot to the games. Can't wait for the mods on dark souls.

Nothing annoys me more than the PC uber elite but to come out and say nothings being produced for PC made me respond.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    There are a few titles, like the ArmA games. Some games like The Elder Scrolls have modding communities on PC which is basically free DLC whenever you want.

There *are* advantages to building a gaming PC. Consoles are cheaper and more convenient and I personally wouldn't get a gaming PC unless I was rolling in money but it certainly isn't as bad as you make it out to be.
    Actually i did and i know a few others who did too. I've been predominantly console for the past 3-4 years. Some games just are better on the PC, in particular BF3, ask imawesome he has the PS3 and PC versions.

As for role playing only exclusives, add in a lot of RTS's and simulators, flight sims etc. The modding community out there adds alot to the games. Can't wait for the mods on dark souls.

Nothing annoys me more than the PC uber elite but to come out and say nothings being produced for PC made me respond.

Trust me, I've nothing against PC.

I'd love to be able to go out and buy a proper gaming pc. Hell, I even have the money for one right now. I wish PC's were producing what they're capable of but the fact is, they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i built one over a period of months,

Got the basics, RAM, Case, DVD drive first, a while later got the PSU and a few fans, then came the keyboard and mouse and then again a while later got the motherboard and CPU and topped it all off with a GFX card. Had a monitor but recently bought a monitor off a friend.

overall because i was taking my time and shopping around i was able to build a super sweet pc for a fair price spread over a few months so it wasn't a massive drain on the wallet. And by buying all the fairly futureproof componants first i had no rush in getting the rest really!

Since i built it i think i've played my 360 twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I say a small comment that gaming on PC sucks and look at the usual crap above. Sad really, like someone saying they dont like a Ford Focus (my car) and am I supposed to get all childish and list all the good things about the car. Pathetic really.

Very simple opinion that I don't like PC gaming, don't like using a mouse, don't like sitting on a monitor, don't like the PC scene which is let's be honest...geeky and don't like the hassle of upgrading and all that crap.

For every bonus that the PC gives (better graphics) and more players it doesn't outweight the bad because in a lot of maps we don't need more players as it would become a clusterf**k and the graphics are brilliant on PS3 anyway.

• Advertisement

I say a small comment that gaming on PC sucks and look at the usual crap above. Sad really, like someone saying they dont like a Ford Focus (my car) and am I supposed to get all childish and list all the good things about the car. Pathetic really.

Very simple opinion that I don't like PC gaming, don't like using a mouse, don't like sitting on a monitor, don't like the PC scene which is let's be honest...geeky and don't like the hassle of upgrading and all that crap.

For every bonus that the PC gives (better graphics) and more players it doesn't outweight the bad because in a lot of maps we don't need more players as it would become a clusterf**k and the graphics are brilliant on PS3 anyway.

i was just trying to make the point that PC gaming needent be a massive cash drain.

If people prefer to use a 360 or ps3 then whatever floats your boat work away but i know as an ex original xbox junkie it took more than a few attempts to get used to keyboard and mouse and even longer to get used to wasd layout but sadly due to as pointed out costs and hassle mean that there will be a huge amount of console gamers that will not get a chance to get used to or enjoy PC gaming.

I also have BF3 on PS3(110 hours played) and PC(around 20 hours played) and I must say that PC is better.Even though its more difficult to get kills(for me anyway) I find it more enjoyable.

If someone is trolling or doing something stupid you can actually vote to kick them unlike console where you have 6 snipers sitting in your base when you're attacking on rush and you can't do anything about them.

The graphics on PC are much better but I wouldn't go getting a purpose built PC for 1 or 2 games.Luckily for me my 3 year old laptop could run it.

PS3 has positives aswell like ease of access(no Origin) and seems a bit easier(for me anyway).

In general I prefer PS3 because most of my friends have one.Only 2-3 of my friends have PC's capable of playing games. There are loads of great PC only games like Sims 3 and the Total War series that couldn't be replicated properly on console.They both have +'s and -'s.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Trust me, I've nothing against PC.

I'd love to be able to go out and buy a proper gaming pc. Hell, I even have the money for one right now. I wish PC's were producing what they're capable of but the fact is, they don't.

Im sorry but iv never seem so much sh!t come from one person the amount of PC games out there is endless theres games made back in 2005 that have better graphics than the newest games hitting your console today.

A decent PC to run bf3 at high would cost around 500 at most if u buy some second hand parts, thats around the price most people buy a laptop for.

Pc do everything and more not producing what there capable of you dont even have one how do you know

Im sorry but iv never seem so much sh!t come from one person the amount of PC games out there is endless theres games made back in 2005 that have better graphics than the newest games hitting your console today.

A decent PC to run bf3 at high would cost around 500 at most if u buy some second hand parts, thats around the price most people buy a laptop for.

Pc do everything and more not producing what there capable of you dont even have one how do you know

I'm afraid you're in the wrong there. PC's are absolute trash.

I'm afraid you're in the wrong there. PC's are absolute trash.

Are you trolling or what?

I'm very confused here.

Chavways wrote: »
    Are you trolling or what?

I'm very confused here.

Ah, I was only playing around. I've just bought a PC from HVS.

*Awaits delivery* :D:p

Can't wait for that 64 player shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Try Metro Conquest and see how long you enjoy it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Fresh gameplay trailer up. The battlefield looks absolute manic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Armoured Kill looks like it's gonne be a lot of fun.

As an aside, great to see a nice pointless argument about Console Vs PC gaming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I shall make a return to Battlefield 3 for this - after 2/3 months absence :D

This is my kind of map (big like Daqing Oilfields of BF2)

It shall suit my air warfare style :D

You spent about 5 posts thrashing PCs though...and then you give us the "BIG" reveal ?....
    You don't deserve a PC tbh, also, read on the tech forums today some people having probs with deliveries from HSV , internal parts broken.
    I sense Karma on the horizon

This is what happens when you mock the master race, and then try to become one of them

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    hmm..interesting..will the AC130 just fly around in a circle around the map letting players shooting at the ground. What about other jets..can they shoot it down etc?
    Very disappointed if this is the case as it would have been awesome to fly it:(

I think the AC130 will be the air equivalent of the AMTRAC - the land mobile spawn
    It will be big, powerful and slow ...easily destroyed if focused on.

I can see it being a novelty at the start, and then noone wanting to use it (also like the AMTRAC)
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    I think its gonna be a flag capture bonus of some sort.

What is that at the end about "tank superiority mode" ?
    Also I see "tank destroyers" ...niceeeee

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You spent about 5 posts thrashing PCs though...and then you give us the "BIG" reveal ?....
    You don't deserve a PC tbh, also, read on the tech forums today some people having probs with deliveries from HSV , internal parts broken.
    I sense Karma on the horizon

This is what happens when you mock the master race, and then try to become one of them

I'm quite looking forward to buying my PC I must say. It's been a good few years since I was a PC gamer. I'll be doing the Overclockers thing myself I reckon. Can't wait.

Gonna be a little while though, as I needed a place to keep all my consoles and stuff so I recently bought a house.

Really looking forward to hitting up Craggy Island and getting my ass shot to bits though. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What is that at the end about "tank superiority mode" ?
    Also I see "tank destroyers" ...niceeeee

Dont know what tank superiority mode is gonna be but tank destroyers are going to be lav's with the tank main weapon. So they will be fast and powerful but have little armour.

This has my interest in BF building again. Liking the look of the "biggest map in BF history" & the snow map looks good too. Hopefully there is a new jet for us whorebags to play with.

Really looking forward to hitting up Craggy Island and getting my ass shot to bits though. :D

and your tags taken....

a lot

danniemcq wrote: »
    and your tags taken....

a lot

I'll only ever wear ****ty ones on Craggy so none of you get my blinged out pimpin ones.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I'll only ever wear ****ty ones on Craggy so none of you get my blinged out pimpin ones.:)

No no no you not good enough !voteban Logical Fallacy :P

They will get taken a lot so share all the nice ones you have :D

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Dont know what tank superiority mode is gonna be but tank destroyers are going to be lav's with the tank main weapon. So they will be fast and powerful but have little armour.

This has my interest in BF building again. Liking the look of the "biggest map in BF history" & the snow map looks good too. Hopefully there is a new jet for us whorebags to play with.

Finished with Diablo3 are ye ? :P , I don't think there's a new jet...I didn't cop one in the trailer anyways.
    Would like to see the F-15 / Su35 of BF2 or something similar so you can have a co-pilot with you (maybe even implement some of the stuff the Single Player jet mission had for ground targets, would be amazing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

That would be good but they need to De-nerf the AA in the game for it to be in anyway fair.
    With the AA tanks they should make it so they cant aim below a certain level that they are only good for AA and not tearing apart tanks and inf don't get me going about the hand held AA haha.
    There also should be AA turrets that are attached to certain caps that can be destroyed and respawn after a certain time like the TOW/Kornet but destroyable!!

BTW that Armoured kill is what Makes BF soo good after CQ Im glad its going this way loads of sh!t blowing up more sh!t cant wait for this and the snow map looks deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The AAs do not need de-nerfing for the love of God. If you get a good AA driver in a game it's impossible for jets or helis to do anything, unless you have good pilots working together.

Mobile AAs seem like a good idea, and I agree that they should be destroyable.

I'm liking the look of the mobile artillary vehicle in that clip (0:22) and the quads will mean complete C4 madness. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It's nerf and buff people, get the terms right :pac:

Advertisement