Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good article here, but its what we all know and agree anyway!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/06/juan-mata-chelsea-football-tactics

It has been assumed that Mata would learn about the Premier League in a wide role before being gradually brought into the centre, but his adaption to the league has been remarkably swift, and Sunday's showing might be the catalyst for the decision to play him centrally on a permanent basis.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ times a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

gavredking wrote: »
    I'd say Utd will be fine for the CL next year. :pac:

Well my thoughts on the system AVB played, if we want to play a 4-2-3-1 then Luiz and Ramires as the 2 CM's could work wonders, bags of energy and ball playing and Luiz has the ability to play passes the others cant on our team, Cahill and JT at the back would be more solid.

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd like to see Luiz and Ramires as 2 CMs with Mata in front of them. Play Torres and Sturridge up front. Use the wing backs instead of wingers with maybe a third defensive midfielder to drop back creating a 5-man defense at times. Mata could really pull the strings in a free role behind the front two.

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd like to see Luiz and Ramires as 2 CMs with Mata in front of them. Play Torres and Sturridge up front. Use the wing backs instead of wingers with maybe a third defensive midfielder to drop back creating a 5-man defense at times. Mata could really pull the strings in a free role behind the front two.

I dont think a 3-5-2 would suit us too much. Sturridge and Torres cant work together, they never link up well.

Mata central is pivotal to us though, we just need a 4-2-3-1 with genuine wide players and we wont see them until the summer unfortunatly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I dont think a 3-5-2 would suit us too much. Sturridge and Torres cant work together, they never link up well.

Mata central is pivotal to us though, we just need a 4-2-3-1 with genuine wide players and we wont see them until the summer unfortunatly. :(

Your second point is the reason I went with wing backs! I just don't see any natural wingers in the Chelsea squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I dont think we have the right players for this formation

Id rather stick with the 433 TBH. Good comment from a gracious Utd fan nice to here from them as there aint too many :p

We use wing backs as it is but its our forwards and lack of midfield creativity that are letting us down. Our forward line is pants bar Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a day. :( Coudln't believe we were 3-0 up then couldn't believe we let a 3 goal lead slip. Fans leaving when United scored the third are a disgrace.

Johner wrote: »
    What a day. :( Coudln't believe we were 3-0 up then couldn't believe we let a 3 goal lead slip. Fans leaving when United scored the third are a disgrace.

Totally agree 100%

Maybe AVB will learn form his Mistakes this season and learn more about the players we have. He will have a full season under his belt and see where we need to change tactics/players. Cul the the drifters in the squad. I have 100% faith in AVB and think he should be gove his full contract to see what progress is made.

So good to have Essien back! Thought Torres had a good game, Malouda was awful.

Your second point is the reason I went with wing backs! I just don't see any natural wingers in the Chelsea squad.

I'd tend to think theres no point dispruting the current squad and how the play and all our strikers work better upfront on their own.

I dont think we'll see Chelsea start a game playing that type of formation in the near future with our current squad.

Disgrace really, and agreed with your comment regarding having Essien back, he looked ok yesterday, just hope we AVB will play 4-2-3-1 more often now with Mata behind any of the strikers we'll create plenty of chances.

Its great to have Essien back even though he is no were near his best he is still a solid and dangerous player to have in our midfield. I think we missed Lampard and Terry yesterday because we had no one to command our players to retain poscession and control the tempo of the game after we took the lead. I think AVB made a vital mistake by taken Sturridge off instead of Malouda.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Everton away for our next game , going to be a really tough game and vital must win ,

I fancy Liverpool to beat Spurs tonight, they always put on a good showing against the bigger teams ,

Arsenal were threatening a performance like that for a while and will be a massive boost for them ,

Newcastle pulled a gritty performance out of the bag and seem to be picking up points nicely ,

For the first time in a long time I think there is a realistic chance that we might not finish in the top 4, hopefully the team is sickened and disgusted about how the Utd game went and feel they a massive point to prove against Everton and come out and Blitz them.

I think Torres is done at Chelsea , this was his time to shine , had he banged in that ball in the 77th minute yesterday all would have been forgiven and forgotten.

He looks confident on the ball , looking to take on men from about the half way line till about 20 yards from goal , when he gets to there he seems to panic and fall to pieces , over thinking everything he does and making a meal of it.

I think if he went back to Spain he would be good again , the pressure seems to have gotten to him and his head looks to be gone,

I hope Im completely wrong but I dont think I am , Everton are a strong physical side and I hope we start with a strong physical player , Lukaku for me is the man to lead the line in this game.

Another thing I noticed yesterday is that Danny Sturridge needs to work harder to find the pass , He is not playing as the main man through the middle but yet anytime he gets a sniff of goal he is shooting from very long range, he is being very selfish when on the ball and a pass is a last resort and if it is not an easy one he blasts the ball towards the goal.

Malouda Malouda Malouda , where to start , I think Il just finish he was lost in the second half of the game and has consistently shown he does not have what it takes any more to play at this level.

Essein clearly did not have the full 90 minutes in him yesterday , after the 65 minute mare he looked like he was pulling a trailer when trying to run , on the lead up to the second peno , I think it was him in the middle who allowed Carrick to simply waltz through the centre of the park.

Thought Cahill looked decent , calm and composed on the ball , polar oposite of our other Centre half who looked a tad sloppy on the ball and was made a fool of for the third, but its always the bad things you will remember in a game like that and he did have a few decent spells in the game.

Surprisingly Boswinga didnt get put under too much pressure in the game, but could of given away a peno with a stupid tug of the shirt , I dont know why the players do it.

Mata was a joy to watch and must play in behind the front man, I will begin to seriously doubt AVB's logic if he pushes him back out onto the wings

Rambo was badly missed , all in all that was a severely weakened Chelsea team yesterday , be it our misfiring centre forward, or captain and heart of our defense and our midfield engine room we gave a full strength Utd team a massive scare.

Anyway I feel better now thats my little rant over and done with, Onwards and upwards I say and lets show what we can do against Everton .

OH and COME ON YOU SPURS TONIGHT , jesus I feel dirty after saying that.

If I was AVB I'd sit the team down and show our 3 goals to them, all well and good, 1st one great work by Danny good dangerous cross, O.G.

2nd, Brillant ball by Torres, the best cross of our season be that from any player in our squad, shows Bosingwa how to beat the first man and out a ball into an area, the only thing better then the cross was Mata's controlled volley, sublime.

3rd, great work to win the free kick and good delivery by Mata to find our most dangerous attacker at the front post.

Now.........turn it around and sit through with them every, and I mean every little thing that went wrong from the first minute until the time Utd's equaliser hit the net.

Theres plentty to watch, hell in the first half our lead wasnt deserved as Utd threaten a few times. Every player should be made aware that this game should have ended up one way from 3-0, a Chelsea victory. Even a 3-2 or 4-3 would have been acceptable but a bit annoying after havong a 3 goal start but AVb has to make everyone in the squad from Piazon all the way through to Lamps, Jt and the senior players that the result was down to there own loss of focus and not doing the basics.

If you have the ball for 25% of the time that means the opposition has it 3 times as much and will create 3 times as many chances and I think Utd had 17 shots an 8 on target, our stats we're very similar I think but from 3-0 we should have continued with the original plan, get Mata on the ball, get the ball spread around the pitch and keep probing.

We kept losing it, there was lumps out of the back line and our better ball players we're left with no options as nobody should to get the ball.

Luiz at a few stages had moved into the midfield and was greeted with statue like Chelsea players and was forced into backwards passes, negating what he had attempted to do.

Nobody wanted to turn up and control the game and the ball, other then Mata who was forced out wide when Sturridge came off, now that was AVB's fault but one fault diodnt cause the team to fall to pieces like they did.

The squad needs to know that any kind of lead shouldnt be taking for granted and if you allow a team back into it, they'll punish you, especially a Fergie managed Man Utd who will always push on.

AVB will also have to look at is tactics, Sturridge, apart from Mata was the last player that needed to be withdrawn. a 4-3-3 with Romeu, Essien and Meireles matching up against Rooney Carrick Scholes would have served us better had it been changed to allow Sturridge and Mata and Torres play counter attack.

Utd walked in far too many times and Cech was busy.

As pistol said, Everton away, the prepartion has already begun but the Utd game shouldnt be forgotten about by the squad and should be used to stir them up. We have to go out and make sure we play 100% for 90 minutes and every man has to stick to his task.

Tough game to say the least especially after there recent won against City.

Ha ha nice post pistol:D

I cant wait to go home and study the replay.

Everton is going to be another big game for us, i think we should/can win most of remaining games amy be picking up 40 odd points and even knocking one of our rivals off for 4th spot.

Essien is far from full fitness but we can get a good hour out of him before we can put on Oriel. Id really like to see Luiz givin a chance as a DM he has a briliant long ball on him and can easly hold his own in Midfield while also winning ariel battles.

Torres is pants as far as im concerned, we should bit the bullet and get shot of him in the summer. Fair enough he did play a decent game yesterday but he has not taken his chance while Drogba was at ACON.

I'm not getting the Torres hate TBH.

He was our 2nd best player out there yesterday after Mata.

He lead the line brillantly and won plenty of aerial battles and tustles with much bigger Evans and Rio.

He played people in and was moving all over the front line, out wide, into channels.

He played people in and took the ball on past people better then he ever has for us before.

His overall play was very intelligent and his positions he took up were excellent.

His only fault was not smashing the ball when he had the chance but after beating Evans Valencia, I think, tracked hi excellently, you can guarntee if that was Rafael it would have been a Torres goal.

If's and but's I know but his overall play was excellent and always looked dangerous and lively.

Lukaku isnt near Torres or Drogba or Danny at this stage and has been,entioned Danny wouldnt pass it to anyone if he thought he had a shot on for himself. Torres is our best option for a 4-2-3-1 with Mata in the hole as hes more intelligent footballer then Drogba or Sturridge, IMO.

If he does go in the summer and I hope he doesnt we'll have lost huge money on him as he wont even go for £20 Million at this stage but I still think Torres will get goals this season and some important ones too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Saturday will be:

12.45pm Man Utd v Liverpool on Sky Sports
    3.00pm Everton v Chelsea on Setanta Ireland
    5.30pm Spurs v Newcastle on ESPN.

Super Saturday anyone? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I'm not getting the Torres hate TBH.

He was our 2nd best player out there yesterday after Mata.

He lead the line brillantly and won plenty of aerial battles and tustles with much bigger Evans and Rio.

He played people in and was moving all over the front line, out wide, into channels.

He played people in and took the ball on past people better then he ever has for us before.

His overall play was very intelligent and his positions he took up were excellent.

His only fault was not smashing the ball when he had the chance but after beating Evans Valencia, I think, tracked hi excellently, you can guarntee if that was Rafael it would have been a Torres goal.

If's and but's I know but his overall play was excellent and always looked dangerous and lively.

Lukaku isnt near Torres or Drogba or Danny at this stage and has been,entioned Danny wouldnt pass it to anyone if he thought he had a shot on for himself. Torres is our best option for a 4-2-3-1 with Mata in the hole as hes more intelligent footballer then Drogba or Sturridge, IMO.

If he does go in the summer and I hope he doesnt we'll have lost huge money on him as he wont even go for £20 Million at this stage but I still think Torres will get goals this season and some important ones too.

His only faults are costing us games , When your on near 200K a week you smash that ball in the net when a chance like that arrises.

Now we have the first game V Utd where he missed an open goal after doing all the hard work,

The miss against Norwich,

And again another glaring oppertunity missed against Utd ,

For me its not hatred, I say it with a heavy heart that I think he wont be a leading player for Chelsea, I just think the English media jumped on him and now fans are starting to follow suit, his head seems to be gone and he show no composure in front of the sticks.

Its sad to watch very sad :(

thebison wrote: »
    Saturday will be:

12.45pm Man Utd v Liverpool on Sky Sports
    3.00pm Everton v Chelsea on Setanta Ireland
    5.30pm Spurs v Newcastle on ESPN.

Super Saturday anyone? :)

Utd to win, handy for our 4th place chances.
    Chelsea win :p:rolleyes::p
    Spurs v Newcastle Draw.

The above results would be perfect.

So what will happen is,

Liverpool win,
    Everton win,
    Newcastle win.

:(

Everton away is always a tough one, I have a feeling Sturridge might be dropped for it! AVB was not happy with his tracking back yesterday and when he eventually did he gave away a penalty. Can see him being dropped.

I'm starting to get really worried about the Napoli game.

His only faults are costing us games , When your on near 200K a week you smash that ball in the net when a chance like that arrises.

Now we have the first game V Utd where he missed an open goal after doing all the hard work,

The miss against Norwich,

And again another glaring oppertunity missed against Utd ,

For me its not hatred, I say it with a heavy heart that I think he wont be a leading player for Chelsea, I just think the English media jumped on him and now fans are starting to follow suit, his head seems to be gone and he show no composure in front of the sticks.

Its sad to watch very sad :(

Agreed, he should have smashed it, it would have been a better attempt then trying to walk it in.

His miss at OT came after a great finish so I'll leave him off, Norwich was unlucky, he couldnt have done muc more other then poke it.

The fans still sing his name and hes being given every opportunity by the fans which is great to see but he needs AVB supports, you can argue hes getting it now but as soon as Drogba comes back what will AVB do?

IMO the worse thing AVB can do is drop Torres, his confidence would be at an all time low since his move if AVB does it.

I dont want AVB showing compassion, when a players muck he should be dropped but the torres situation at the moment is different, everything he does is very good except his main job, score goals.

Hes doing all the other work you want from a guy leading the line but score.

I just hope he can turn it around and I hope he gets the support from the dressing room as well as the manager as Drogba wont be around much longer.

• Advertisement

Im just after reading the Fernando Torres has 10 assists in al competitions this season , more than any other leading striker .

Maybe thats the issue here , he should not be the provider but the provided.

Everton away is always a tough one, I have a feeling Sturridge might be dropped for it! AVB was not happy with his tracking back yesterday and when he eventually did he gave away a penalty. Can see him being dropped.

I'm starting to get really worried about the Napoli game.

Well if he drops AVB that would be huge!!!

We're real thin on numbers at the moment and dropping him would be a huge statement to the whole squad, dont do your job and your getting shafted.

Im just after reading the Fernando Torres has 10 assists in al competitions this season , more than any other leading striker .

As we seen yesterday, he does tyend to pull out to right....that allows Mata to go central and Sturridge.

Now the team has benefited from Torres's assists but he needs to put one or two away and be more selfish.

I know Nando can do and I have faith in him.

If we go 4-2-3-1 against everton he'll get more opportunities to thrive with Mata.

Torres has to continue leading the line, as pants as he is, he is showing good movement and signs look good for him to score a goal or two. However i dont think he will ever live up to his price tag. I love hearing his name been chanted at the bridge, he knows he has the support of every one at the club including the fans but he just aint clicking. I think its a mixture of the way we play/the players we have and the way other teams approach us. Torres enjoyed scoring plenty of goals under Benitez, a defensive counter attacking coach using long balls and through passes from Alonso and Gerard.

If we are to get the best from Torres we have to have wingers with Mata behind him feeding him balls from every angle. Torres is fantasic at moving into space but its the rest of our players that are not on the same wave length.

As for Sturridge i dont think he can be dropped, who plays in his place?
    He is a greedy player but he will learn as he is still young and trying to make a name for himself, suppose its good to see one of our strikers not afraid to pull the trigger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Couple of bits of good news, one from a past star, one from hopefully a future star, from Chelsea's twitter feed:

#CFC legend Bobby Tambling is home from hospital & has thanked the fans: ‘Support we’ve had from everyone is amazing,’ he said.

Courtois unbeaten for 455 minutes. No goals conceded in 2012; 10 clean sheets in 19 La Liga games. #cfc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Opta Index says he has 8 assists in all competitions this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Torres is a striker. His job is to score goals. He is useless in front of goal .If I went to work and did not do my job I'd be sacked.

His had long enough now and I've heard all the excuses. I hope he gets dropped the minute Drogba get back. Every time I see the ball passed to him I don’t see any threat. If you look at the likes of Aguero with city everytime he gets the ball it looks like something will happen.

It will make a huge difference to the team overall if they could get a decent striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Is Torres employedas a footballer or a striker?

I'm pretty sure he does his job - playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Barr wrote: »
    Torres is a striker. His job is to score goals. He is useless in front of goal .If I went to work and did not do my job I'd be sacked.

His had long enough now and I've heard all the excuses. I hope he gets dropped the minute Drogba get back. Every time I see the ball passed to him I don’t see any threat. If you look at the likes of Aguero with city everytime he gets the ball it looks like something will happen.

It will make a huge difference to the team overall if they could get a decent striker.
    Bang on. How many points has Torres secured for Chelsea? And I don't mean assists.

He's down to his last few games now. After that he's back up for Drogba. If RA has continued faith in AVB, AVB will build a new attack over the summer that will not be centred around Torres.

Sad to say, but I think Torres is finished with Chelsea.

amiable wrote: »
    The Opta Index says he has 8 assists in all competitions this season

Just noticed the opta tweet now ,

I had gotten it from here :

RT @Tunde_CFC: Fernando Torres has a total of 10 assists (All Comps.) this season,more than any striker in the English Premier League.#CFC

Well I'm happy after last night, draw for the two teams in and around us is always handy.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Well I'm happy after last night, draw for the two teams in and around us is always handy.

;)

We have a chance of catching Spurs if we put a run together IMO.

They play Newcastle, Arsenal, Man U, and us at the bridge in their next few games. Tough run for them and I think we could make up a lot of ground if we string a few victories together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

They play Newcastle, Arsenal, Man U, and us at the bridge in their next few games. Tough run for them and I think we could make up a lot of ground if we string a few victories together.

yes I was thinking that! (But trying not to think of all the other times we should have won this season and then not :()
    With this Chelsea, you just never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

yes I was thinking that! (But trying not to think of all the other times we should have won this season and then not :()
    With this Chelsea, you just never know!
    When we went to old Trafford earlier in the season we went with confidence and played united at there own game, tactically it almost came off too but for some questionable decisions and all in all I was happy with the performance. But on Sunday we played like a side sorely lacking confidence and I don't just mean Torres we were terrified of united and in all honesty were lucky to be leading 3-0. There is no doubt that we poses a team easily capable of finishing in the top 4 they just have to have belief that they can do it.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    When we went to old Trafford earlier in the season we went with confidence and played united at there own game, tactically it almost came off too but for some questionable decisions and all in all I was happy with the performance. But on Sunday we played like a side sorely lacking confidence and I don't just mean Torres we were terrified of united and in all honesty were lucky to be leading 3-0. There is no doubt that we poses a team easily capable of finishing in the top 4 they just have to have belief that they can do it.

I think I might have been watching a different game to everyone else?

But to say Torres was lacking confidence is a bit wide of the mark really. He took people on, beating them and playing passes off bringing guys into play. He showed for the ball and was up for battling for the long balls that came his way. He broke onto a loose ball, knocking it past Evans and then sitting him down before running into a good covering challenge.

Now we can talk about Torres until the cows come home and no doubt people will say he shoudl be scoring goals but at least he looks like he wants to be out there and hes doing the work to get goals there just not coming.

Looking back we were missing 3 leaders in JT, Lamps and Cole that could have won us the game from a 3-0 position.

I think we have an outside chance of catching Spurs but we need to improve as a team.

As bad a Season it has been for us ,

Champions League Qualification is in our own hands,
    FA Cup Still in it
    Champions League Still in it
    League No chance
    League Cup out

Utd
    Champions League Qualification is in there own hands should get it no bother.
    FA Cup Out
    Champions League Out
    League have a good chance
    League Cup out

City
    Champions League Qualification is in there own hands should get it no bother.
    FA Cup Out
    Champions League Out
    League should win it
    League Cup out

Spurs
    Champions League Qualification is in there our own hands
    FA Cup Still in it
    Champions League , didnt qualify
    League slim chance
    League Cup out

So ideally out of the 5 we could complete two of them objectives , FA and Champions League Qualification, we could do a Liverpool on the Champions League this year and not be playing all that great and win it but that would be highly unlikely.

United only really have the league to chase , qualification for the CL should nearly be a given.

City only really have the league to loose and again the qualification for the CL should really be a given.

Spurs are fighting on a few fronts and will be the mix for the FA cup , should qualify for the CL but there next few games will be very telling, if they come out of them well you could be looking at a team putting together a charge for the league.

For all our giving out things aint looking too bad :cool:

I think I might have been watching a different game to everyone else?

But to say Torres was lacking confidence is a bit wide of the mark really. He took people on, beating them and playing passes off bringing guys into play. He showed for the ball and was up for battling for the long balls that came his way. He broke onto a loose ball, knocking it past Evans and then sitting him down before running into a good covering challenge.

Now we can talk about Torres until the cows come home and no doubt people will say he shoudl be scoring goals but at least he looks like he wants to be out there and hes doing the work to get goals there just not coming.

Looking back we were missing 3 leaders in JT, Lamps and Cole that could have won us the game from a 3-0 position.

I think we have an outside chance of catching Spurs but we need to improve as a team.

Torres was poor when he got in or around the edge of the box , outside of that he looked great , but when he got there he seemed to panic and over think everything he done.

To be fair to Torres he has been looking good in one or two games and he does still have the fear factor that will make defenders stick to him.

I have to say i was happy with the result last night but we are still no where near safe, our form is poor as is our consistancy. There is not much between us and 7th place and we seriously need to pick up the pace and win a few games. Im starting to feal the fear of not qualifing for CL:eek:
    Deep down i know we will make CL and id even go so far as to say we will make 3rd place but cant help but to worry about the results this season.

All season iv been waiting for us to click and start playing good football but it still has not happened. I know we cant just start playing like Barca but we even struggle to get 1 - 0 wins most of the time.

Please Andre kick some @ss this weekend!!

Nick Noble @PLNickN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    UK audience figures for 05/02 Chelsea v Man Utd match: peak 3.97m and ave 3.284m - highest peak and ave. UK audience figures in PL history

Could you imagine what they would have been like if we were a big club with history :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Torres was poor when he got in or around the edge of the box , outside of that he looked great , but when he got there he seemed to panic and over think everything he done.

........................still better then Adny Carroll anyway :pac:

Nick Noble @PLNickN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    UK audience figures for 05/02 Chelsea v Man Utd match: peak 3.97m and ave 3.284m - highest peak and ave. UK audience figures in PL history

Could you imagine what they would have been like if we were a big club with history :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Maybe it's because Chelsea were playing against a club with history and the general public wanted to see Chelsea throw away a 3 goal lead at the bridge?

• Advertisement

Maybe it's because Chelsea were playing against a club with history and the general public wanted to see Chelsea throw away a 3 goal lead at the bridge?

Didnt take long for you to bite , :pac::pac::pac:

Its like fishing :P

KTBFFH !

Didnt take long for you to bite , :pac::pac::pac:

Its like fishing :P

KTBFFH !
    Are you admitting to trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

You really are the worst poster in this forum by a safe distance.

You take offence to everything posted and can't accept an opinion.

Must be some kind of program to remove your quoted posts even. Hopefully!

You really are the worst poster in this forum by a safe distance.

You take offence to everything posted and can't accept an opinion.

Must be some kind of program to remove your quoted posts even. Hopefully!

Ok Sgt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Not happy about this injury news :mad:

Nope , not at all , I was commenting on Chelsea FC and the we got no history Jibes we constantly take,

Although I did know you would be the first person to jump on it :eek:

RichT wrote: »

Heard it on sky news today ,

"And this hour we have good news for Chelsea Fans " I was like WTF !!!

Although in saying that I would not of minded him in the centre when Essien ran out of steam on Sunday.

Round up of the lads on loan,
    LOAN INTEREST
    Posted on: Tue 07 Feb 2012

With a host of our young, exciting prospects currently on-loan at clubs both domestically and across Europe, we take a closer look at how they are performing as they continue to learn their trade in the hope of securing a first team place upon their return to Stamford Bridge.

Defender Jeffrey Bruma is currently on-loan at German side Hamburg and has made 14 appearances for the club so far. Ironically, it was an injury to former Blue Michael Mancienne which afforded Bruma the opportunity to prove his worth, which he grabbed with both hands, becoming a permanent fixture in the side since.

Prior to a 5-1 home defeat against Borussia Dortmund a couple of weeks ago, Hamburg were unbeaten in nine matches, with Bruma's form undoubtedly playing a part in their revival following an inconsistent start.

Former Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, in his role as a football pundit on Dutch television, recently heaped praise on the youngster for his attitude and willingness to learn, while it's clear to see that regular first team football at a high standard is continuing to aid his development.

Since moving to Swansea shortly before the closure of the January transfer window, Josh McEachran has completed one full game, the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Bolton Wanderers two weeks ago.

McEachran did, however, make a substitute appearance against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light a few weeks ago, while the young midfielder was an unused sub during last weekend's win at West Bromwich Albion.

Away from the youngsters, Yossi Benayoun, currently on-loan across London at Arsenal, has only been used sparingly by Arsene Wenger, and more often than not it's been as a substitute, though he did hit a crucial winner away at Aston Villa back in December.

Arsene Wenger was almost apologetic when explaining his reasons for not using him more often: 'He has been absolutely fantastic, but we have so much choice in midfield and we play with three strikers, that's why he hasn't played as much as he deserves,' said the Frenchman.

Gael Kakuta [pictured below] is yet to establish himself in the first team since moving to Dijon in France, but having only been there a matter of weeks, he has plenty of time on his side.

The tricky winger has only made one appearance thus far, coming on as a second half substitute in the 3-1 defeat to Lyon last weekend.

Kevin De Bruyne, our latest acquisition, has been loaned back to Genk for the remainder of the season and is expected to join up with his new teammates in the summer.

He played the full 90 minutes at the weekend, but was unable to prevent his side from being beaten 4-2 at Anderlecht.

Three young Blues are on-loan at Vitesse Arnhem in the Dutch Eredivisie, with Patrick van Aanholt recently joining the club to link up with Tomas Kalas and Ulises Davila.

Defender Kalas has enjoyed his spell in Holland, and has established himself as a first team regular at the heart of the back four, making 15 appearances, but it's been a different story for the Mexican Davila.

After making his debut back in August in a 5-0 win, the youngster has since made only three appearances for the first team, though a recent spell in the reserve side, where he scored three goals in three matches, suggests the 20-year-old's fortunes may be about to take a turn for the better.

Van Aanholt only completed his move in January but played the full 90 minutes in last Saturday's 1-0 win over NAC Breda, as well as coming on as a late substitute in the 1-0 defeat at PSV Eindhoven the week before.

Thibaut Courtois [pictured below], the 19-year-old Belgian goalkeeper, is currently on-loan at Atletico Madrid in Spain, where he quickly established himself as first choice following the departure of David De Gea to Manchester United.

As a defensive unit this season, Atletico haven't been great, but the one shining light has been Courtois, who has become something of a fans' favourite in the Spanish capital as well as receiving international recognition for Belgium.

The keeper is enjoying his time in the spotlight, and in line with his parent club's original plan to keep him out on-loan for more than one season, he is hopeful of staying in Madrid, as he explained: 'I am very happy at Atletico and I am living a good experience, I would like to stay here one more year and I have told Andre Villas-Boas that.'

Goalkeepers Sam Walker and Rhys Taylor have both moved on-loan to lower league clubs in a bid to secure regular football, joining Yeovil and Rotherham respectively.

Walker was recruited by manager Gary Johnson, who worked alongside him previously at Northampton, and while he has played in all three matches since moving to Huish Park, joining a side languishing in 18th is never easy.

Again, regular first team football is what it's all about, however, and while Yeovil have lost to both Sheffield Wednesday and Bury with Walker in goal, they also recorded an impressive 2-1 victory against Preston North End.

Like Walker, Welsh goalkeeper Taylor has been ever present since moving to Rotherham, although having suffered three defeats in his first four games, he will be hoping his team can get back to winning ways as soon as possible.

Left-back Ben Gordon [pictured below], currently enjoying a second loan spell at Kilmarnock in Scotland, has played in all three matches since moving north of the border last month, although it's fair to say results haven't been as he would have hoped.

The 1-0 defeat to Hibernian in the Scottish Cup at the weekend was disappointing, but a Scottish League Cup final appearance at Hampden Park in March gives Gordon the perfect opportunity to put his name in the history books.

Having endured a difficult loan spell at Peterborough earlier in the campaign, where he struggled to establish himself, performing regularly is the most important thing for Gordon in terms of his long-term development.

Milan Lalkovic completed his loan move to Den Haag shortly before the window closed and is yet to play for his new side, while Matej Delac, another of our young goalkeepers, is currently on-loan at Czech outfit Dynamo Ceske Budejovice, but is yet to establish himself as a first team player.

A full interview with Josh McEachran can now be viewed in the Chelsea TV section of this website, where the young midfielder talks about how his loan move to Swansea is progressing so far. The interview can also be seen on Blues News tonight at 6.30pm on Chelsea TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

RichT wrote: »

Thought someone else was injured from your post:D I'd totally forgot about him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement