Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Voltwad wrote: »
    Maldron HQ is gonna be a ritual from now on

You can only imagine what the hotel management made of it all - bar and lobby jammed with hundreds of chanting beer monsters. :D

I'd say the no-doubt astronomical takings eased the pain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

What's the half time facilities like inside the stadium lads?

Also what did that off side goal look like from inside? anyone have a good angle, i thought he was very tight with the left centre back, but the camera angles were shoite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I hate the way ya can't judge them things on RTE's cameras =/

Half time facilities are grand, plenty of toilets, food is okay (could do with a few sweets, bars etc) but i'm sure it'll be even better by summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Craft25 wrote: »
    Also what did that off side goal look like from inside? anyone have a good angle, i thought he was very tight with the left centre back, but the camera angles were shoite!
    If RTE froze the picture it would have helped. I thought he looked onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Are they doing anything with two empty spaces behind each goal or are they just leaving it like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Voltwad wrote: »
    I hate the way ya can't judge them things on RTE's cameras =/

Half time facilities are grand, plenty of toilets, food is okay (could do with a few sweets, bars etc) but i'm sure it'll be even better by summer

No Burdocks?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are they doing anything with two empty spaces behind each goal or are they just leaving it like that?

temp stand going on other side soon.

I dont see the SDCC needing to put in anymore stands not until rovers dominate the champions league anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

dreamers75 wrote: »
    temp stand going on other side soon.

:P

It's not a temporary stand. It will be a permanent structure. The foundation is ready and the construction will start on Monday week. It's an 18 week build so should be ready by the end of July.

It's not a temporary stand. It will be a permanent structure. The foundation is ready and the construction will start on Monday week. It's an 18 week build so should be ready by the end of July.

How many will it hold?

Opposite the existing stand and backing onto the school I assume?

the plans in SDCC offices has a temp stand near idential to whats at pats perm foundation but the seating is temp.

could have changed been a while since i was there.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    How many will it hold?

Opposite the existing stand and backing onto the school I assume?

Yes, opposite the existing stand. Capacity of just over 3000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

the plans in SDCC offices has a temp stand near idential to whats at pats perm foundation but the seating is temp.

could have changed been a while since i was there.
    They have. Its a permanent structure.

CiaranC wrote: »
    They have. Its a permanent structure.

god bless the SDCC so and little timmy

god bless the SDCC so and little timmy

Tier the bastard I say. Lets get a 30,000 all seater bowl going. Start digging down like barce did.:)

"If you build it, they will come"

Stekelly wrote: »
    Tier the bastard I say. Lets get a 30,000 all seater bowl going. Start digging down like barce did.:)

"If you build it, they will come"
    Amusingly, the foundations were built strong enough for a second tier :)

Getting a little ahead of ourselves though

Shamrock Rovers 2 - Sligo Rovers 1 from SRFCTV

http://vimeo.com/3725520

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well its wednesday and I'm getting to post this now as the past few days have been somewhat of a blur to me. Saturday being the big 30 and dinner booked for the friday night!

As it turned out dinner was cancelled and I went to the game instead :) Savage athmosphere and as the match kicked off and a load of us sang "were not homeless anymore" I actually had a tear in the eye. Thought that day would never come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

iregk wrote: »
    As it turned out dinner was cancelled and I went to the game instead :)

I knew common sense would prevail.

A great occasion with brilliant atmosphere. And not forgetting 3 points!

Bring on the Bohs...

Re: Friday - I see Rovers have to wear the pink first.

And just to get in the mood:

pig1.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm leaving work in 5 mins and planning on heading to Tallaght Stadium (pass through on teh way home anyway) to pick up the new jersey. Just got a txt from a mate who's just got it, €75!!!!

Has anyone else been out there and is he for real?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It is the best Rovers jersey since 93-94 though :P

iregk wrote: »
    I'm leaving work in 5 mins and planning on heading to Tallaght Stadium (pass through on teh way home anyway) to pick up the new jersey. Just got a txt from a mate who's just got it, €75!!!!

Has anyone else been out there and is he for real?

I read that:

short-sleeve: 56.99
    long-sleeve: 64.99

And there are 50 limited edition shirts with the fans number '12' on the back, and LOI sleeve badges for 75.

Quite pricey, I agree.

Shirt is very nice. I might even get one. Only ever bought away and third because of my fear of looking like a Celtic fan from a distance. :)

Shamrock Rovers are set to strengthen their squad even further with the signing of Scottish defender Craig Sives on a free transfer.

The former Hearts, Partick Thistle and Queen of the South defender is currently on the injured list, but he is in Dublin receiving treatment from the Rovers’ medical team.

Hoops’ boss Michael O’Neill believes that the 22-year-old is just what he is looking for as he builds a side capable of cementing their place in the top division.

“Craig Sives has the sort of profile I am looking for, someone who was very close to playing in the SPL but for one reason or another never came through. He’s here at the moment but has a bit of a groin problem,” said O’Neill.

“We’ve excellent medical facilities which he is using and we are hoping to get him back to full fitness, have a look at his situation and perhaps have the opportunity to bring him in.”

Is he a right full? We could use some cover there.

Is Maguire fit for the derby?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Is he a right full? We could use some cover there.

Is Maguire fit for the derby?

Know nothing about him. It says on his wikipedia page that he can play centre-half and right-full.

By the sound of the team news, Darragh hasn't had enough of a run-out yet? I'd love to see him back in, especially if Webb is doubtful.

I assume that the FAI sponsored club texts are a thing of the past. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

is the game versus Derry on the 28th still going ahead as it clashes with Ireland's game versus Georgia ?
    anyone else unable to access fai.ie at the moment?

syngindub wrote: »
    is the game versus Derry on the 28th still going ahead as it clashes with Ireland's game versus Georgia ?
    anyone else unable to access fai.ie at the moment?

That game is switched to the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

cheers HW

Bohemian FC 2 - Shamrock Rovers FC 0 from SRFCTV

http://vimeo.com/3790935

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Derry City game is sold out. Think people are going to continue to struggle to get tickets until the second stand is opened.

Advertisement