Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(LOI): League Of Ireland fixtures (WEEK 4): 23-25 March 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone heading out to SDCC tonight the Luas is only going to/from Heuston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where's the best place to park for getting to the SDCC stadium?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Best place to park is Woodies across the road, but depending on segregation, you might be all herded towards the Square and Woodies closes at 10pm, so the Square is there at a cost and a queue at machines to pay for it. There's estates around which are safe enough.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Where's the best place to park for getting to the SDCC stadium?

Let down! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I really shocked and offended by all these SDCC references. It makes me so hurt and angry.

We will get back to the sumptuous luxury of tolka one day if its the last thing we do.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »

We will get back to the sumptuous luxury of tolka one day if its the last thing we do.

Yous weren't complaining about the luxury a few seasons back, happily paying us a few bob! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I really shocked and offended by all these SDCC references. It makes me so hurt and angry.

Not a moment has passed when it hasn't bothered me since this thread was opened. I've had trouble sleeping too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

if you were to take offense to everything said here about your club you would age 20 years;)

Yous weren't complaining about the luxury a few seasons back, happily paying us a few bob! ;)

And now youse will be paying into tallaght in your hundreds twice this season.

Make sure and buy some food too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, it got a bite anyway

300px-Deepsea.JPG

sdcclogo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Its not like youse own Tolka in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Alias G wrote: »
    Its not like youse own Tolka in fairness.

Not sure if half of them are aware of their own irony. Not many teams own their stadium in this league. Out of the three best stadiums in this league, Tallaght, Bradywell and Turners Cross, two are owned by the council and the other by the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk starting with a 16 year old at left back this evening. The great Jim McLaughlin's grandson Ben will make his debut.

I know McCaffrey has said he's building a team for the future but surely playing 16 year olds is pushing it a bit. Anyway hoping for our first goal of the season tonight. To Oriel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Des wrote: »

Hopefully we can keep our run of no red cards going, might get to Europe on a fairplay rule :D

4 minutes...... thats how long that lasted, rovers 1 up.

17th red card of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its nice to have Shels back to laugh at. They were comically bad tonight.

Huge crowd and a bumper win, the futures bright, the futures green and white.

19 red cards now for the season, 23 games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That's some stat.
    In relation to the game.......BOLL*X!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cream rising to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

5000 at the Rovers match including President Higgins.

3000 at the Derry game.

Great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

While we were the better team, all four goals were a gift. Both Shels keepers were muck. No idea how billy beat him to the ball but a stone wall peno. We were gifted two goals and then we just turned off. Hot the post and bar too.

McCabe's sending off never should have been, I dont know how that was simulation considering he was sandwiched. Even if it wasnt a foul he went down under a challenge, thought it was a free myself.

Great banner from Shels, put ours to shame. Bar that good crowd from yous understandably quiet though. What was the big Gardai rush for? Breaking chairs or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As bad as some are, Dane Massey is an idiot. Just go behind 2-1 and then get sent off for something so petty and stupid. In saying that, the ref had an absolute nightmare of a game. Two head injuries, one caused by an elbow (with massive bloodflow and a trip to the hospital), the other with a boot, and he kept the game going.

EDIT: Just remembering Marty Waters being booked. With tackles like that getting bookings, its no wonder players are getting sent off.

3000 at the Derry game.

Great to see.

Dont watch Bohs and Pats on sunday, i would be shocked if theres more than a 1000 at it.

Sigh so bored.....talking to the wife :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ebbs wrote: »

Great banner from Shels, put ours to shame. Bar that good crowd from yous understandably quiet though. What was the big Gardai rush for? Breaking chairs or?

2 kids were fighting over their favourite NDubz album or something along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Ebbs wrote: »
    McCabe's sending off never should have been, I dont know how that was simulation considering he was sandwiched.

Maybe all the diving he has being doing for years the referees have finally copped on to him. Delighted for him. Probably the player I hate most in the league.

1278_HAMLET_1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

3000 at the Derry game.

Great to see.

Are they big crowds? Like what would the average be for a Dublin derby?

Just curious btw as would have no idea what they pull in. Been to UCD matches before with **** all people there :(

Sigh so bored.....talking to the wife :(

You should have come up to Tallaght. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote: »
    Dundalk starting with a 16 year old at left back this evening. The great Jim McLaughlin's grandson Ben will make his debut.

I know McCaffrey has said he's building a team for the future but surely playing 16 year olds is pushing it a bit. Anyway hoping for our first goal of the season tonight. To Oriel!
    Cracking debut for the young fella. Looked confident and has decent technique. Our best performance by far. Played some lovely football for the first hour or so.

Tired a bit towards the end and were hanging on slightly but deserved the win and I'm a bit more confident about avoiding relegation this evening. Having Chris Shields back was the difference.

Probably eight or nine hundred at the game. Not great but pretty standard for a UCD match.

You should have come up to Tallaght. :)

Nah would explode with rage, 2 different types of hate. Weirdly they shade it slightly.....

Cant wait for Friday :cool:

• Advertisement

Cant wait for Friday :cool:

Friday week mate. We've Bohs next Friday and youse on Good Friday.

Advertisement