Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

No, you're wrong, simple as that.
    We all know it. You can't kid anyone. Aiming this chant at clubs with support bases which are mostly made up of Protestants. It is pathetic.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Absolute bollocks Keith.

"The Protestants/British are going bust"? WTF does that mean?
    I don't care about your stupid little chant. The truth is it is put on walls as graffiti and is chanted towards clubs whos fan base is mainly Protestant. "Go on home ya Huns". We all know what it means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Eirebear wrote: »
    Oh! I forgot to add to that summary!

When Celtic fans talk about fenians, or sing about fenians - this is of course in an entirely different manner to the "Catch all term for catholics" and is therefore not insinuating religious boundaries whatsoever.

Reclamation of the term?

Careful now, what you're saying is one step away from saying that its ok to use the N word pejoratively because rappers use it in their songs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

KeithAFC wrote: »
    We all know it. You can't kid anyone. Aiming this chant at clubs with support bases which are mostly made up of Protestants. It is pathetic.
    How the hell do you know what support is mostly made up of protestants or otherwise?? Please fill me in on this, maybe you could write up a definitive list so everyone will know.
    I genuinely couldn't give a flying f*** what religion someone is. I have a lot of mates and neighbours back home who are protestant, it means aboslutely nothing to me. I don't judge someone because of their religion, race, colour, sexual orientation etc etc.
    Think what we have from you here is a classic case of transference. Because you view people in a certain way, it doesnt' mean that these same people view you in the same way.

Remember 'the keith' (the arsenal fan), everytime you point a finger, there are 3 pointing back at you.

I don't care about your stupid little chant. The truth is it is put on walls as graffiti and is chanted towards clubs whos fan base is mainly Protestant. "Go on home ya Huns". We all know what it means.

That Rangers fans should go home?

• Advertisement

How the hell do you know what support is mostly made up of protestants or otherwise?? Please fill me in on this, maybe you could write up a definitive list so everyone will know.
    I genuinely couldn't give a flying f*** what religion someone is. I have a lot of mates and neighbours back home who are protestant, it means aboslutely nothing to me. I don't judge someone because of their religion, race, colour, sexual orientation etc etc.
    Think what we have from you here is a classic case of transference. Because you view people in a certain way, it doesnt' mean that these same people view you in the same way.

Remember 'the keith' (the arsenal fan), everytime you point a finger, there are 3 pointing back at you.
    You can ignore the chant being painted on walls and outside Orange Halls all you want. Most Rangers fans know what it means.

spiralism wrote: »
    That Rangers fans should go home?
    It also makes no sense. If you are trying to aim a chant at Rangers supporters, then don't tell them to go home. It makes no sense.

You can ignore the chant being painted on walls and outside Orange Halls all you want. Most Rangers fans know what it means.

The night before I was confirmed by Archbishop Thomas Winning, the words 'No Pope' was painted on the wall of my Chapel.
    What's your point?

Give us your list of teams with 'mostly protestant fans' please. Are Arsenal made up of such??? As for this 'most' rangers fans, speak for yourself.

It also makes no sense. If you are trying to aim a chant at Rangers supporters, then don't tell them to go home. It makes no sense.

Oh come on. Used in the dying minutes with Rangers consigned to defeat i would gather it makes perfect sense, the age old art of rubbing it in when the fans are filtering out. Same as "we can see you sneaking out" etc

Dundee and Kilmarnock used it in your last two home games with fans slipping off home in the final minutes, bigots that they are :rolleyes:

This is why celtic fans are revelling in yer club's misery, these constant attempts to be offended tar us with the old firm brush that we're as bad as one another. We aren't and that's why many Celtic fans are delighted to see a future beyond Rangers

spiralism wrote: »
    Oh come on. Used in the dying minutes with Rangers consigned to defeat i would gather it makes perfect sense, the age old art of rubbing it in when the fans are filtering out. Same as "we can see you sneaking out" etc

Dundee and Kilmarnock used it in your last two home games with fans slipping off home in the final minutes, bigots that they are :rolleyes:

This is why celtic fans are revelling in yer club's misery, these constant attempts to be offended tar us with the old firm brush that we're as bad as one another. We aren't and that's why many Celtic fans are delighted to see a future beyond Rangers
    It happens even before the end of games. Chants telling "huns" to go on home.

We aren't the same. We are the people. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Who are the people? Rangers fans? Where does that leave celtic fans? Utter fascist nonsense.

Jelle1880 wrote: »

The media can **** right off.

:D Don't generalise much do you?

Who are the people? Rangers fans? Where does that leave celtic fans? Utter fascist nonsense.
    :pac: Its just a word/s. Just like hun.

We have our first contestant! Come on down, it's time for our weekly game of Cake, Or Eat It?

Oh dear, you're hurting bad aren't you

:pac: Its just a word/s. Just like hun.

Nah it's not just a word. It implies a sense of superiority over other tax paying sections of society. Fascist drivel but i can see why you wold espouse it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

:D

we are the people with a club

Nah it's not just a word. It implies a sense of superiority over other tax paying sections of society. Fascist drivel but i can see why you wold espouse it alright.
    Just like God save the Queen or WATP. Just old sayings. Perhaps now you understand why people get offended over words like Hun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Oh jesus titty****ing christ. A football teams supporters claiming to be better than other teams fans! Shock of shocks!
    Got to laugh at asking where that leaves Celtic fans, I think you may be missing the point of football chants now.

Whats getting dragged out next?
    The Red and Black socks story? Maybe The Bouncy one?
    What about the "Why is Dublin mentioned in Follow Follow?" debate?

Drivel is pretty much bang on.

Oh dear, you're hurting bad aren't you

Hurting? Of course i am, my team is in a desperate situation.

This thread is helping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Oh jesus titty****ing christ. A football teams supporters claiming to be better than other teams fans! Shock of shocks!
    Got to laugh at asking where that leaves Celtic fans, I think you may be missing the point of football chants now.

Look on the bright side, you want have to read any stories about Rangers fans chatting vile things at football matches for much longer!

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, you want have to read any stories about Rangers fans chatting vile things at football matches for much longer!

I expect wittier from you tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Owing to the explanations of fenian only being a term used for IRA supporter and not a catholic in general..can someone explain the refs connections on Saturday to Irish republicanism for me please?

BTW "Go home ya huns" is no more/less than singing "cheerio cheerio" or "show them the way to go home". Some ***** here clutching at straws to either be offended/justify their bigotry.

And as a sidenote Ive got 4 friends I can think of who have brothers/sistsers who support rangers and they openly say "my dad/mum/sister/brother" is a hun. please explain..?

You know what's scary?

You actually seem to believe what you are saying. This ****ed up world of Rangers and Celtic actually seems clear in your heads, black and white - they're bad, we're good.

If we use fenian, it's fine. If they use fenian, it's not.
    If they call a ref fenian, then it's religious bigotry. However if we call Walter Smith "Orange Bastard" it has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Rangers fans find the term "hun" offensive - ach sure what do they no eh? They're just fascists.

I'm out.
    I'll be back when someone attempts to talk football again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm out.
    I'll be back when someone attempts to talk football again.

You could be waiting a while:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I actually agree with Eirebear here, Fenian is not in any way shape or form a sectarian term and anyone who takes offence to the use of the word is just looking for something to take offence to and clearly does'nt actually know what a 'fenian' is.

That said the same of course applys to the term 'hun'.

Now can we just leave this thread to actual football talk and cut out all this tit for tat sh*te, just ignore TheKeith and it becomes alot easier, have a read of some of he's views in the political forum and you wioll get an idea of what you are dealing with here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Old Gill wrote: »
    And as a sidenote Ive got 4 friends I can think of who have brothers/sistsers who support rangers and they openly say "my dad/mum/sister/brother" is a hun. please explain..?

easy:

They're either idiots or you're full of it.

The Paul McGowan story which was printed today shows how retarded it is to get offended by 'fenian', or even 'provo' ;)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    easy:

They're either idiots or you're full of it.

The Paul McGowan story which was printed today shows how retarded it is to get offended by 'fenian', or even 'provo' ;)

In the very same way it is retarded to get offended by the term 'hun' as Eirebear would say cake and eat it ;)

I actually agree with Eirebear here, Fenian is not in any way shape or form a sectarian term and anyone who takes offence to the use of the word is just looking for something to take offence to and clearly does'nt actually know what a 'fenian' is.

That said the same of course applys to the term 'hun'.

Now can we just leave this thread to actual football talk and cut out all this tit for tat sh*te, just ignore TheKeith and it becomes alot easier, have a read of some of he's views in the political forum and you wioll get an idea of what you are dealing with here :rolleyes:

Let them sing 'up to our knees in fenian blood' all they want. I'd rather we can all sing what we want

Let them sing 'up to our knees in fenian blood' all they want. I'd rather we can all sing what we want

Thats called context though lubo, change fenian there for any term relating to Celtic and its still offensive, thw word fenian in itself is in no shape of form offensive

• Advertisement

Oh ffs, you really are hurting and lashing out all around you. WATP has sinister connotations to a minority of uneducated morons in your support. i dont find it offensive, more laughable really. As for the last part, of ****ing course not. :rolleyes: Not sure about the bouncy though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement