Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    kryogen wrote: »
    Why? Just because Liverpool beat United in the FA cup didnt make them the better team, in any one game anything can happen.

The best team wins the league

Well I said IF they happened to beat Utd comfortably it would have been two hammerings in the one season. Not a one-off game. Anyway I can't see a hammering in any way :)

I'd rather see United winning the title on the back of beating/Drawing City as a neutral. I'm sure ye don't give a toss as long as they win it any old way. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man United
    cgpg5 wrote: »
    Well I said IF they happened to beat Utd comfortably it would have been two hammerings in the one season. Not a one-off game. Anyway I can't see a hammering in any way :)

I'd rather see United winning the title on the back of beating/Drawing City as a neutral. I'm sure ye don't give a toss as long as they win it any old way. :D

Of course not, let any rival fan have whatever moral victory they like, wouldnt bother United fans.

My point is that City are excellent at home and if they beat United its not exactly going to be the shock of the century, the OT was also a one off game in the middle of a league season, the result was a little skewed but Im not going to argue that, City won well thats all that matters, if they beat United Monday then they will have beat United twice in the season, that means gaining 6 points. Thats it, 6 points out of a possible 114.

The best team over the course of 38 games wins the league, every year. Liverpool have done the double over United before when United won the league, didn't mean Liverpool were the better team in the league though. I am in no way trying to bring Liverpool into this, just they are the first example to pop into my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Draw
    Of course not, let any rival fan have whatever moral victory they like, wouldnt bother United fans.

My point is that City are excellent at home and if they beat United its not exactly going to be the shock of the century, the OT was also a one off game in the middle of a league season, the result was a little skewed but Im not going to argue that, City won well thats all that matters, if they beat United Monday then they will have beat United twice in the season, that means gaining 6 points. Thats it, 6 points out of a possible 114.

The best team over the course of 38 games wins the league, every year. Liverpool have done the double over United before when United won the league, didn't mean Liverpool were the better team in the league though. I am in no way trying to bring Liverpool into this, just they are the first example to pop into my head!

Thou dost protest too much....change your first example to Crystal Palace in the league cup and people might believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I'll go for a victory for United. United have been in must win games like this time and time again and they can defiantly get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Man United
    This is such a massive game I love it, I actually think there is a lot more pressure on utd, if they lost lose an 8pts lead to their city rivals it will be as big as newcastles collapse all those years ago. There will be a lot of nervous players in the first 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Man United
    Apprehensive too say the least about this.

From reports that i've read Evans will be out or playing injured does not fill me with joy going into this game. That gives me a big :D i was kinda losing hope for the fella but he has shown what kinda player he can be for us hopefuuly he is 100% if he is. I'm going to go for a draw. And hopefully number 20!

Man United
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Thou dost protest too much....change your first example to Crystal Palace in the league cup and people might believe you.

Aye, think I may be..........obsessed!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

And 2 each over the course of the season.
    Noone is denying City tore Utd a new one in Old Trafford, they were by far the better the team on the day. However 3 of those 6 wre in injury time.
    NO chance City score 3 goals tomorrow let alone 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Draw
    killwill wrote: »
    Noone is denying City tore Utd a new one in Old Trafford, they were by far the better the team on the day. However 3 of those 6 wre in injury time.

Wouldn't rule it out tbh. Definitely wouldn't say no chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I knew it!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I just can't see Utd losing this. These are the kind of matches they seem to thrive on and get the job done. A draw i reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »

I knew it!!!!!!!
    Sure aren't we all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

no chance of any goals tommorow im afraid

Wouldn't rule it out tbh. Definitely wouldn't say no chance

United played 4-4-2 that day until Evans was sent off. Mancini was tactically superior and went against his Italian style and sent City out in the second half very offensive minded.

On Monday City need to win so Utd will be setting out in a 4-5-1 looking to defend and hit on the counter attack. I would imagine SAF will play Nani, Young, Valencia and Rooney as his front 4.

I would not be surprised to see this kinda line up.
    DDG
    Raf---Rio
    Evans---Evra
    Carrick
    Jones----
    Valencia--Young----Nani
    Rooney

Obviously smalling at RB is a good shout and Scholes could well start. But that is a good defensive setup with great counterattacking options.

no chance of any goals tommorow im afraid

Ooop, meant Monday, smartarse!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There is absolutely no way Scholes will not start.

I am not so sure, iirc he had a poor game against spurs due to the high intensity of the midfield battle. I reckon Monday night might be the same.

It'd be typical Scholes to pop up with the winner!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I am not so sure, iirc he had a poor game against spurs due to the high intensity of the midfield battle. I reckon Monday night might be the same.
    Which is why we'll have 5 in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fascinating game in many respects. If City go one up, what will they do? Will Mancini go ultra cautious and draw United on or will he go for the second?

From a United perspective, I'm sure we will sit back somewhat, try to make things difficult and attempt to hit them on the counter attack which we should get chances to do if the game drags on scoreless, as it really is a must win game for City. That will obviously change if we go behind.

Very difficult to call, could go either way.

United lineup is difficult to predict.

Can see us going with something like;

DDG
    Rafael----Evans
    Ferdinand---Evra
    Carrick

Cleverley----Scholes
    Valencia
    Welbeck
    Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Draw
    Balotelli to be sent off but Tevez to save the day for city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I cannot wait. Leave exam, come home and then the game.

Its one of the only games this year I'm actually nervous about. Looking forward to it though. Trust our lads to at least get a draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Man United
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Reckon Fergie will go with 451.

Agreed. I'll be flabbergasted if this doesn't finish in a tedious 0-0 draw. Ferguson will be at the defence all week after the Everton game.

Man United
    Its a little bit sad, for me anyway, that for our biggest game of the season the line up is so tough to predict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

united will line up 1 of 2 ways but for definite united will pay a midfield 3 of

scholes

carrick
    jones

Our forwards will be a 3 of Rooney, Valencia, Nani ,Welbeck and Young

If Welbeck plays Nani and Young probably wont

Id nearly drop Valencia for this because Nani and Young are better at scoring goals and more dangerous on the counter

but i think it will be

dea gea
    Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Evans
    Evra
    Scholes

Carrick
    Jones
    Valencia
    Nani
    Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Is Balotelli available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Is Balotelli available?

Yup

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Draw
    City have hit form and are at home so City unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I would say there's nothing definite about the United lineup.

Thinking about it, this wouldn't surprise me one bit;

DDG
    Rafael--Evans--Ferdinand--Evra
    Carrick--Scholes
    Valencia----Rooney
    Young
    Welbeck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Draw
    Blatter wrote: »
    I would say there's nothing definite about the United lineup.

Thinking about it, this wouldn't surprise me one bit;

DDG
    Rafael--Evans--Ferdinand--Evra
    Carrick--Scholes
    Valencia----Rooney
    Young
    Welbeck

I just hope there's a strong referee to deal with young's diving and scholes 'mistimed' tackles!

Advertisement