Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier Soccer Saturday, MOTD/2, The Football League Show chit chat

• 13-08-2011 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Annoyingly both are on at the same time tonight due to a rugby friendly. From 10 pm.

I'm not aware of any new signings for either side. The hideous Colin Murray remains on the Sunday show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

MOTD Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MOTD for me I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

MotD all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I rather wait till Goals on Sunday if I don't watch them online beforehand.

Goals on Sunday is good too actually, I usually watch both MotD and GoS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bring back Eamon Dunphy to Premier Soccer Saturday and I'll watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭crushproof

smart man Samuel L. Jackson predicts Swansea to beat Man City 1-0 on Football Focus. I have an inkling he's never even heard of Swansea....he also looked awfully confused when asked to predict Wigan v Norwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Premier Soccer Saturday

Better show, without the pro Liverpool and or Arsenal analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Premier Soccer Saturday crew have a sexy new studio.

Kenny looked even more morose than usual in his post match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So happy MotD is back.

Thank God they got rid of the opening credits from last year too, they were truly awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

MOTD for me

I see QPR relegated already...

Frisbee wrote: »
    So happy MotD is back.

Thank God they got rid of the opening credits from last year too, they were truly awful.

Jaysis its on early.

Nice goal from Larsson!!

Sir Wesley getting the praise he deserves. If he can stay fit (BIG if) he will be purchase of the season at a mere £1m. Gave a positional masterclass today at Anfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Could be a good season for Sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I can't watch MOTD, it is possibly the smuggest, shallowest football show out there. They only skim through the highlights anyway and have banal, vacuous discussion afterwards. Coli Murray on MOTD2 makes me want to poke my eyeballs out. Premier Soccer Saturday can be alright depending on the analysts. It can woeful too. Darragh Moloney suffers from similar smugness issues to Lineker.

Football First is decent since you get to watch so much football but it's not really a highlights show(plus Sarah Jane Mee...purr :pac:). Goals on Sunday is probably the best highlights show.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sir Wesley getting the praise he deserves. If he can stay fit (BIG if) he will be purchase of the season at a mere £1m. Gave a positional masterclass today at Anfield.

Might be decent for Sunderland, but lets not get carried away. He is always liable to drop a clanger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Joey Barton proving what a k****** he is, some shot by the sniper in the crowd that took him out though.

Barton is trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I can't watch MOTD, it is possibly the smuggest, shallowest football show out there. They only skim through the highlights anyway and have banal, vacuous discussion afterwards. Coli Murray on MOTD2 makes me want to poke my eyeballs out. Premier Soccer Saturday can be alright depending on the analysts. It can woeful too. Darragh Moloney suffers from similar smugness issues to Lineker.

Football First is decent since you get to watch so much football but it's not really a highlights show(plus Sarah Jane Mee...purr :pac:). Goals on Sunday is probably the best highlights show.

IMG_3457.jpg

0fnbfcgjjjd4.jpg

Might be decent for Sunderland, but lets not get carried away. He is always liable to drop a clanger.

He's not that error prone is he?. At £1m he'll be a snip if he starts 25 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

If Joey Barton didn't play football just think he'd be in jail right now.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
    Bad shirt, shoes and views from shearer again. Sort it out slaphead........

Stay classy Joey. Shearer was exactly right, for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

On the subject of Barton, he's just tweeted this...
    Joseph Barton

Slags off a Newcastle legend, the fans are really gonna love him for that. The guy is actually missing a few billion brain cells. Unbelievable.

[Edit] Beaten by Bazz

baz2009 wrote: »

So he's watching MOTD? :pac:

A bit childish but sure it's JB

flahavaj wrote: »
    He's not that error prone is he?. At £1m he'll be a snip if he starts 25 games.

At full back he is OK. But at centre back all I can think of is his Barthez comedy double act. He is caught out a fair bit at centre back. That'll probably increase when he doesn't have the rest of the United team around him. He never looked a secure playing for England.

Don't get me wrong he is a decent player. But he isn't that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He probably knows Shearer well and was having a laugh. There truly is a witch hunt after him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

baz2009 wrote: »

Would be great if Lineker read out what Barton said on twitter.

• Advertisement

Would be great if Lineker read out what Barton said on twitter.

That would require moving away from the banal and the 5 lines they interchange after every highlights clip.

Advertisement